15 D. Walker 0 0 0 0 1 0 26 1 0 15 0 1 6m 92m 0 0
14 F. Lussick 0 0 0 0 0 0 12 1 0 8 0 0 0m 43m 0 0
16 J. Tevaga 0 0 0 0 1 0 25 1 0 10 0 0 0m 79m 0 0
17 J. Ford 0 0 0 0 0 1 33 1 0 16 0 0 0m 112m 0 1
23 L. Halasima 0 0 0 1 3 0 7 2 0 5 0 0 0m 84m 0 0
20 T. Tuaupiki 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0m 0m 0 0

Rate the game?

• Total voters
I am out. I`m not watching NRL anymore. Sure, there were chances to win the game and if TMM or CHT had hit the field goals, the Warriors would have won. However, when the ref and bunker ok a clear dangerous, late, high shoulder charge against the Warriors, there is no explaining that. The NRL is clearly an entertainment company with money on their mind. Not sure how detailed the plan is, but there is clearly one in place. I refuse to watch this. Kind of sad, because I feel for the Warriors and used to enjoy watching them.
Every sports organisation is about entertainment. Hence bollocks like the 6 Again because "it's more exciting!" "It makes the game flow!". Bollocks like "Red Cards Are BAD!", "Draws In Sport are BAD!" so we get the namby-pamby 20 Minute Red Card, Golden Point in Regular Season....
If you're boycotting NRL for the reasons you say you are, you're boycotting professional sport in total.
No, I'm not overly happy about Saturday. Given our back 3 were out and we were decidely not favourites on Saturday whatever the situation with the team, I'll take a 1 Point after 85+ minutes loss.
I look forward to Mr Annesley's observations about Saturday and the "Nope! Din't See Shit!" lack of reaction to the hit on TMM. But I do think it's kind of funny it's The Tackler Mr Salmon who came out of that one worse...Broken Jawed Dog, to paraphrase Ricky Stuart.

NZWarriors.com
No, what I'm saying is that there is no time in the training week and the recovery required during the playing season, to fully fatigue the team so that they can emulate the golden point field goal scenario.

I don't know of any team that trains for this specifically.

No look passes are stupid.
Quite right they cant simulate the fatiguing GP conditions but they can and do train set up.

e.g that Raiders game SJ kicked 2 of them in. It went something like 3 to the left after the kick off, then back into the middle, i remember they did exactly the same set up for both kicks and they even alluded to it being trained in the post match......against the Dogs it certainly didnt look like there was a definitive set up play or anyone really managing it.

Im neither here nor there over field goals in GP, its a bit of a lottery so i dont call for peoples heads when they miss (altho in that situation SJ is the one youd want for us)......even DCE has missed more than he's hit.

As far as Chanel and TMM goes i'd be more concerned with the general kicking game which was rather expoised this match.

Every sports organisation is about entertainment. Hence bollocks like the 6 Again because "it's more exciting!" "It makes the game flow!". Bollocks like "Red Cards Are BAD!", "Draws In Sport are BAD!" so we get the namby-pamby 20 Minute Red Card, Golden Point in Regular Season....
If you're boycotting NRL for the reasons you say you are, you're boycotting professional sport in total.
No, I'm not overly happy about Saturday. Given our back 3 were out and we were decidely not favourites on Saturday whatever the situation with the team, I'll take a 1 Point after 85+ minutes loss.
I look forward to Mr Annesley's observations about Saturday and the "Nope! Din't See Shit!" lack of reaction to the hit on TMM. But I do think it's kind of funny it's The Tackler Mr Salmon who came out of that one worse...Broken Jawed Dog, to paraphrase Ricky Stuart.
Yes, every sport does. However, it is the same old thing week in and week out. Biased calls, Annesley blabbering on trying to justify it or apologize and then anticipation for the next game only to have a repeat of the cycle. The Warriors do not stand a chance in the Australian comp.. If it was fair or decisions were close calls, then I accept that, but there were at least three infringements in that play and the ref and bunker turned a blind eye to it. I t will continue to happen and I can`t watch that.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
No, what I'm saying is that there is no time in the training week and the recovery required during the playing season, to fully fatigue the team so that they can emulate the golden point field goal scenario.

I don't know of any team that trains for this specifically.

No look passes are stupid.
Could do it after the game 😁

After playing around with the ladder predictor, unfortunately one more loss and everything will be out of our hands and will have to rely on results to go our way to make the 8. On the other hand, win all our remaining games and where basically guaranteed a place in the 8. Pretty disappointing where having to discuss this in July with 2 more months of footy left :(.

After playing around with the ladder predictor, unfortunately one more loss and everything will be out of our hands and will have to rely on results to go our way to make the 8. On the other hand, win all our remaining games and where basically guaranteed a place in the 8. Pretty disappointing where having to discuss this in July with 2 more months of footy left :(.
I think it is clear that having the Warriors in the top 8 is not in the plans of the NRL. Last year, when the Warriors got to one game from the GF, the NRL was shocked and scared. Won`t happen again.

The annoying thing is they get all the good stuff from that win. When you win tough tight games your confidence balloons.

They're eyeing up that 4th spot now and who would bet against them?

For us, we are in despair again and I'm glad we have the bye. That might just help us avoid a spiral.

Despite the effort I imagine we are not feeling that great about ourselves. Not much of a springboard to finish the year either.

I feel we've wasted our forward pack this year. Such a shame.

Weird thing is IF we make that 8th spot the opposition are likely to be Dolphins or Dogs, and next round Cows or Sharks, which is totally winnable.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Better than where we were just prior to the Panthers game though.

We just seem to have had the worst run of injuries this season. And maybe that's to do with an aging squad. Luck just doesn't seem to be on our side this season. I mean, losing your back three in the match! I haven't seen that before that I can recall

Last edited:
BUNKER HOWLER ROBS WARRIORS

That said, it was embarrassing that the Bunker totally ignored Jaeman Salmon’s late shot on Te Maire Martin that should have secured the Warriors’ the win in regulation time.

How does the Bunker miss that?

Answer: they didn’t miss it, they chose to ignore it.

And there is a huge difference.

Yet you can only put it down to the fact the under fire officials didn’t want to make the big call to decide the match.

How else can you explain what happened after both players stayed down and Salmon had to leave the field with a suspected broken jaw.

Yet Bunker sensationally decided not to award a penalty that would have gifted the Warriors a 14-12 lead heading into the final minutes.

The Warriors ended up going down 13-12 in extra time.

It’s embarrassing.

What made it worse was that Salmon was subsequently hit with a grade two dangerous contact charge which carries a two-game ban with the early guilty plea.

This is exactly the type of howler Wayne Bennett was blowing up about in his recent interview with foxsports.com.au, when the super coach was calling for every high tackle that is not clearly accidental to be penalised.

You wonder why so many coaches, players and fans are so frustrated.

In the context of the Warriors’ season that one decision could be the difference between playing finals footy this year and missing the top eight.

A Monday apology doesn’t cut it

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I am out. I`m not watching NRL anymore. Sure, there were chances to win the game and if TMM or CHT had hit the field goals, the Warriors would have won. However, when the ref and bunker ok a clear dangerous, late, high shoulder charge against the Warriors, there is no explaining that. The NRL is clearly an entertainment company with money on their mind. Not sure how detailed the plan is, but there is clearly one in place. I refuse to watch this. Kind of sad, because I feel for the Warriors and used to enjoy watching them.
See you after the bye mate!!

BUNKER HOWLER ROBS WARRIORS

That said, it was embarrassing that the Bunker totally ignored Jaeman Salmon’s late shot on Te Maire Martin that should have secured the Warriors’ the win in regulation time.

How does the Bunker miss that?

Answer: they didn’t miss it, they chose to ignore it.

And there is a huge difference.

Yet you can only put it down to the fact the under fire officials didn’t want to make the big call to decide the match.

How else can you explain what happened after both players stayed down and Salmon had to leave the field with a suspected broken jaw.

Yet Bunker sensationally decided not to award a penalty that would have gifted the Warriors a 14-12 lead heading into the final minutes.

The Warriors ended up going down 13-12 in extra time.

It’s embarrassing.

What made it worse was that Salmon was subsequently hit with a grade two dangerous contact charge which carries a two-game ban with the early guilty plea.

This is exactly the type of howler Wayne Bennett was blowing up about in his recent interview with foxsports.com.au, when the super coach was calling for every high tackle that is not clearly accidental to be penalised.

You wonder why so many coaches, players and fans are so frustrated.

In the context of the Warriors’ season that one decision could be the difference between playing finals footy this year and missing the top eight.

A Monday apology doesn’t cut it
Instead of Annesley apologising, it should be Adam Gee. Referees are far to protected and should be made far more accountable for their actions

Yes, every sport does. However, it is the same old thing week in and week out. Biased calls, Annesley blabbering on trying to justify it or apologize and then anticipation for the next game only to have a repeat of the cycle. The Warriors do not stand a chance in the Australian comp.. If it was fair or decisions were close calls, then I accept that, but there were at least three infringements in that play and the ref and bunker turned a blind eye to it. I t will continue to happen and I can`t watch that.

I’ve felt this view for a while now - even when we were winning and getting some favourable calls in favour instead of against.

But that only solidified my theory about game management even more. some of you may call it incompetence from officials nothing more. But how is it incompetence when it becomes predictable?

You watch enough (I use to watch every game) you can start seeing the patterns and exactly what’s at play.

1. Entertainment is first. The nrl want competitive and close games so the product is marketable in a heavily competitive environment. Abdo and vlandys clearly care more about the business than they do about the sport.

2. Fixtures - they need to set games up that they they are heavily invested in. Grudge matches, finals replays etc etc a lot of officiating is swayed by this.

3. There’s way more but I can’t be fucked 😂😂 I need to do some work

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Better than where we were just prior to the Panthers game though.

We just seem to have had the worst dub of injuries this season. And maybe that's to do with an aging squad. Luck just doesn't seem to be on our side this season. I mean, losing your back three in the match! I haven't seen that before that I can recall
Beginning to wonder if strong opposed training sessions are having an effect on injury toll? There were games in nsw cup at points where players like Zyon Maiu’u and TSS went missing that was hard to see where they’d picked up injuries in the games they played? Wondering if nsw cup team and first grade team are simulating real game quality trainings and players are are picking up injuries?

I’ve felt this view for a while now - even when we were winning and getting some favourable calls in favour instead of against.

But that only solidified my theory about game management even more. some of you may call it incompetence from officials nothing more. But how is it incompetence when it becomes predictable?

You watch enough (I use to watch every game) you can start seeing the patterns and exactly what’s at play.

1. Entertainment is first. The nrl want competitive and close games so the product is marketable in a heavily competitive environment. Abdo and vlandys clearly care more about the business than they do about the sport.

2. Fixtures - they need to set games up that they they are heavily invested in. Grudge matches, finals replays etc etc a lot of officiating is swayed by this.

3. There’s way more but I can’t be fucked 😂😂 I need to do some work
Good call. Its a business. Players are performers or cattle, stock of you please.

I
I think it is clear that having the Warriors in the top 8 is not in the plans of the NRL. Last year, when the Warriors got to one game from the GF, the NRL was shocked and scared. Won`t happen again.
I thought we were getting shafted last year as well before Paris came out publicly then we have a good run of being refereed fairly.

At best there is a bias against us at worst there is an agenda, it seems paranoid but when we consistently keep getting shafted you have to wonder why

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back