15 D. Walker 0 0 0 0 1 0 26 1 0 15 0 1 6m 92m 0 0
14 F. Lussick 0 0 0 0 0 0 12 1 0 8 0 0 0m 43m 0 0
16 J. Tevaga 0 0 0 0 1 0 25 1 0 10 0 0 0m 79m 0 0
17 J. Ford 0 0 0 0 0 1 33 1 0 16 0 0 0m 112m 0 1
23 L. Halasima 0 0 0 1 3 0 7 2 0 5 0 0 0m 84m 0 0
20 T. Tuaupiki 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0m 0m 0 0

Rate the game?

• Total voters
Crazy no penalties were awarded. But in clutch situations I recall Edwards taking a last minute penalty in magic round against us. Croker for Canberra last year I think and Nicho last year too.

And SJ one against Manly this year, I think they award penalties to tie up the game into golden point, less now to award match winning penalties....

Croker one was when they scored 3 tries in like 5 minutes and he failed to convert to win the game to avenge against us lol

NZWarriors.com
Beginning to wonder if strong opposed training sessions are having an effect on injury toll? There were games in nsw cup at points where players like Zyon Maiu’u and TSS went missing that was hard to see where they’d picked up injuries in the games they played? Wondering if nsw cup team and first grade team are simulating real game quality trainings and players are are picking up injuries?

Probably more like persisting with injured players who were affected and playing below their standard, not only CNK was the obvious one but maybe Monty had been quiet for a few weeks due to leg injury and when he raised the intensity he pulled it, worst of all they were done mid-game, while we had capable replacement stuck in reserves.

Over-reliance on aging players is hurting us this year, heck maybe SJ and Tohu were overused at the start and their bodies and confidence are destroyed this year

Huge glaring lessons to be learnt

Good call. Its a business. Players are performers or cattle, stock of you please.
I like to regard it as entertainment first and then business. The salary cap is a case in point. There, an attempt is made to even up the teams so that most games are competitive. That encourages fan support and atmosphere, sponsorship and media interest eg "Up the Wahs" which I personally thought was over-hyped and not one that I was in tune with. The players are generally well paid for their skills and effort as are coaches but this is a performance-based business as for any other job.

Probably more like persisting with injured players who were affected and playing below their standard, not only CNK was the obvious one but maybe Monty had been quiet for a few weeks due to leg injury and when he raised the intensity he pulled it, worst of all they were done mid-game, while we had capable replacement stuck in reserves.

Over-reliance on aging players is hurting us this year, heck maybe SJ and Tohu were overused at the start and their bodies and confidence are destroyed this year

Could be, but doesn’t explain either how the likes of some of our younger guys in nsw cup picked up injuries that didn’t seem to be sighted in games

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I

I thought we were getting shafted last year as well before Paris came out publicly then we have a good run of being refereed fairly.

At best there is a bias against us at worst there is an agenda, it seems paranoid but when we consistently keep getting shafted you have to wonder why
Bang on.

And I wonder sometimes how viable a competition could be that involved Fijian team, Samoan team, Tongan team, other Pacific nations and NZ teams. Like how South Africa rugby left super rugby. I know it's not viable now but that's my thoughts

Blaming the coach for injuries mid game is on par with most of what you post.

Pure speculation and you think you know more than the staff who are with the players all week.

You do realize there is a whole team who look after the fitness of players and make the calls on whether they play or not and that barely any player at this stage of the season is 100% fit, if players only played when they were 100% there wouldn't be much of a comp.

Crazy no penalties were awarded. But in clutch situations I recall Edwards taking a last minute penalty in magic round against us. Croker for Canberra last year I think and Nicho last year too.

No, what I'm saying is that there is no time in the training week and the recovery required during the playing season, to fully fatigue the team so that they can emulate the golden point field goal scenario.

I don't know of any team that trains for this specifically.

No look passes are stupid.

Matty did mention the Mahoney charge down then made a joke about him being 3 metres offside.
Yeah righto, pretty funny when a team gets robbed by the awesome dogs.
Did anyone notice whether Jazz was off side when attempting to charge down Burton's successful field goal? If so, it would be interesting whether we would have been penalised

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
It was a weird game in general. Not many set restarts or penalties for both teams who are top 7 ( bulldogs second us 7th I think) for penalties conceded.

I reckon old mate Gus and bennet have way more sway than we think. They criticised the nrl heavily before this week for over officiated and no surprise this round was the lowest for penalties and 6 agains.

Absolute nightmare for teams when rules are getting changed every round.

Whatever happened to the fucking detractor or disruptor whatever??? That was only rules against us for 2 rounds and then nothing.

As long as both attacker and defender have eyes on the ball.

Heck I think it should be open season lol, up to the catcher to catch the ball, advantage goes to both sides on attack. Eyes on the ball is subjective as well we've already seen players pretending to be looking at the ball while fluffing their arms around. I don't think union has any rules like this on contesting

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
After playing around with the ladder predictor, unfortunately one more loss and everything will be out of our hands and will have to rely on results to go our way to make the 8. On the other hand, win all our remaining games and where basically guaranteed a place in the 8. Pretty disappointing where having to discuss this in July with 2 more months of footy left :(.
I have done my prediction too and, great news, we can make the finals even if losing to Manly. My prediction is Panthers/Storm 40 pts, Roosters 36, Manly 33, Broncos/Sharks/Bulldogs 30 and WARRIORS 29. Then, we probably go out in first round!

I

I thought we were getting shafted last year as well before Paris came out publicly then we have a good run of being refereed fairly.

At best there is a bias against us at worst there is an agenda, it seems paranoid but when we consistently keep getting shafted you have to wonder why

I have a tinfoil hat theory. Aside from Union, what sport do we routinely dominate Australia in? One's that the masses actually watch? When I moved to Aus as a 17 year old, every guy I met would quickly comment about how terrible we are at sport apart from Union. If you believe that games are officiated differently based on which team is favoured/expected to win then you can probably guess where I'm going with this.

It's part of the Australian psyche that they are superior to us at sport, and anyone who is crazy enough to become a referee were probably followers of the sport growing up. Do you really think they don't have the same inbuilt psyche? And how many of them grew up being Warriors fans?

To Australians we will always be guests in "their" competition. I don't believe there's an agenda, or any conscious bias against us - we're just viewed by them as "the inferior side" and you can't untrain inbuilt unconscious bias like that in a short or even medium span of time. It's the hand we're dealt - we just have to be better....somehow.

Tinfoil hat......removed.

I have a tinfoil hat theory. Aside from Union, what sport do we routinely dominate Australia in? One's that the masses actually watch? When I moved to Aus as a 17 year old, every guy I met would quickly comment about how terrible we are at sport apart from Union. If you believe that games are officiated differently based on which team is favoured/expected to win then you can probably guess where I'm going with this.

It's part of the Australian psyche that they are superior to us at sport, and anyone who is crazy enough to become a referee were probably followers of the sport growing up. Do you really think they don't have the same inbuilt psyche? And how many of them grew up being Warriors fans?

To Australians we will always be guests in "their" competition. I don't believe there's an agenda, or any conscious bias against us - we're just viewed by them as "the inferior side" and you can't untrain inbuilt unconscious bias like that in a short or even medium span of time. It's the hand we're dealt - we just have to be better....somehow.

The Breakers were the only team that won the major comp there, a 3-peat and 4 in 5 seasons, they should have been a model for other NZ sport codes

I think your point is more in line with subconscious bias, the inferior part if true makes them rather discriminatory

and I don't even know what you're responding to as he's on my ignored list LOL

Reminds me of when the breakers went on to win the Aussie basketball comp 2 or 3 years in a row and they changed the rules to take the physicality out of the game because they had no answer to Mika Vukona and the impact he was having. After that his career was impacted largely because of the foul problems he was constantly in

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

It's not just a attitude that permeate's through sport... it is similar dealing with them in business.

Reminds me of when the breakers went on to win the Aussie basketball comp 2 or 3 years in a row and they changed the rules to take the physicality out of the game because they had no answer to Mika Vukona and the impact he was having. After that his career was impacted largely because of the foul problems he was constantly in

We almost won it last year too, lead after the 1st quarter in Game 5 decider against the top team away, the year before they finished bottom I think, lol.
There are ways to win it and the Warriors just haven't figured it out yet

We almost won it last year too, lead after the 1st quarter in Game 5 decider against the top team away, the year before they finished bottom I think, lol.
There are ways to win it and the Warriors just haven't figured it out yet
Think this is why Webster isn’t addressing the refs or their impact at all. Feel like he’s trying to take them completely out of the game in the minds of the players. We seem to adapt to rule changes in a timely fashion and play a fairly clean game within the rules generally conceding they got it wrong in high contact or wherever. RTS took his medicine without debate in a pathetic tipping tackle sin bin. It’s clear to see that resilience is returning that we had last year though not quite on the right side of some results. I think he needs a better balance of defending his players put in dangerous situations as TMM was the other night in calling out things like that though

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back