Pick Your Team Bulldogs v Warriors - [Round 18, 2024]

I tried to do the NRL ladder predictor but it is broken at the moment - not giving some teams bye points, giving others double.

Based on what I looked at the other day, I would agree it will need 6 wins at least
Don't disagree on any of this. But, the essential bit is just getting in by hook or by crook. Obvious statement from a perception and reputation point of view, but I see this year as one where just about any team which makes the 8 can take the big one. There are so many upsets at all levels.

I do differ with the opinions of some that we would get thumped in first round anyhow, so not much point in making it.

Get in and anything can happen, especially if we've been on a roll to make it.

Don't disagree on any of this. But, the essential bit is just getting in by hook or by crook. Obvious statement from a perception and reputation point of view, but I see this year as one where just about any team which makes the 8 can take the big one. There are so many upsets at all levels.

I do differ with the opinions of some that we would get thumped in first round anyhow, so not much point in making it.

Get in and anything can happen, especially if we've been on a roll to make it.

I think you want that home semi as a 5th and 6th place finisher.

Win that and I agree anything is possible.

First week away to somewhere like Dragons or possibly Cowboys and it's a really hard to win that I feel

Draw turned out pretty soft for us, we don’t have another top 4 team until the sharks in the last round (who don’t look too flash atm) it’s all winnable, if they don’t come with that titans attitude again. It’s also all loseable other than tigers at home. Team still looks a bit sour, I suppose that’s better than carrying on like they’ve won the comp by beating some other strugglers, standards and all that.

That manly draw is either going to see us scrape in or drop out one way or another.

Would love to get 6th as ragged as they’ve been at times, none of these other middling sides will want to come to mt smart for a first round finals game.

Draw turned out pretty soft for us, we don’t have another top 4 team until the sharks in the last round (who don’t look too flash atm) it’s all winnable, if they don’t come with that titans attitude again. It’s also all loseable other than tigers at home. Team still looks a bit sour, I suppose that’s better than carrying on like they’ve won the comp by beating some other strugglers, standards and all that.

That manly draw is either going to see us scrape in or drop out one way or another.

Would love to get 6th as ragged as they’ve been at times, none of these other middling sides will want to come to mt smart for a first round finals game.

I too feel the draw is soft - so are we though haha.

I don't see the draw against Manly as having any bearing on the season at all. If we miss the 8 by one point it won't because of that.

I look to Round 1 and 2 as a definite 4 points lost. Round 8 v Titans, another 2 points lost - That's 6 points - we would be 1 point out of 2nd!

Lot's of maybes this year, have to wonder what may have been possible... Not over yet but we are taking the scenic route!

Dragons have the worst draw for the final stretch there next 4 games are storm sharks panthers broncos in no particular order and i don't think we need 6/7 I honestly think 4 could sneak us in because most of the teams playing for a spot are playing each other for the remaining games

Dragons have the worst draw for the final stretch there next 4 games are storm sharks panthers broncos in no particular order and i don't think we need 6/7 I honestly think 4 could sneak us in because most of the teams playing for a spot are playing each other for the remaining games

No chance 4 wins gets us there. 4 wins probably has us finish 10th - 12th.

In this scenario the Dragons currently in 8th would need 4 wins to finish above us.

Their next 4 is not that scary seeing as it's origin and Broncs / Sharks are not exactly dominating.

Cowboys in 7th need 3 more wins to finish above us in your scenario.

Dogs too would need only 4 wins.

5 wins maybe just maybe we squeak in but our PD is going to kill us.

6+ is the magic number

Last edited:
I tried to do the NRL ladder predictor but it is broken at the moment - not giving some teams bye points, giving others double.

Based on what I looked at the other day, I would agree it will need 6 wins at least
The ladder predictor has always done that, its a waste of time

I too feel the draw is soft - so are we though haha.

I don't see the draw against Manly as having any bearing on the season at all. If we miss the 8 by one point it won't because of that.

I look to Round 1 and 2 as a definite 4 points lost. Round 8 v Titans, another 2 points lost - That's 6 points - we would be 1 point out of 2nd!

Lot's of maybes this year, have to wonder what may have been possible... Not over yet but we are taking the scenic route!
Nah I meant I reckon we end up on either 29 points (not enough) or 31 points (probably enough) with that draw keeping us just above or just below what will be a bunch of 12W 12L 30 point teams.

For and against only matters compared to Manly, behind them by 59 points with a 60 point loss on the books!

The first storm game should definitely have been a win, but the panthers game would have been a loss if they had a proper goal kicker, you usually end up where you deserve to end up.

Bulldogs fans seem confident they will put a cricket score on us this weekend. If any of that complacency leaks into the first grade team they will be toast. With the bye next week, the boys can’t afford to leave anything in the tank.
They seem really triggered Webster won coach of the year last year... but that Ciraldo is the real super coach.
It's kinda cute and weird at the same time.

Back