16 J. Tevaga 0 0 0 0 1 0 25 1 0 10 0 0 0m 79m 0 0
17 J. Ford 0 0 0 0 0 1 33 1 0 16 0 0 0m 112m 0 1
23 L. Halasima 0 0 0 1 3 0 7 2 0 5 0 0 0m 84m 0 0
20 T. Tuaupiki 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0m 0m 0 0

Rate the game?

• Total voters
I don't put any bearing on the result.

- He has to kick the goal
- Dogs can tie with a 2-point field goal (Happened yesterday with Drinkwater) or a penalty
- They could regather the kick-off and win with a try.

The point that I missed post game and is now clear to me is it comes back to the review processes and safety.

It's not about the result, but it is about incompetence affecting player safety.
Whenever say a crucial penalty goes against us or a disallowed try etc people often assume the rest of the game would have played out exactly the same. Instead it’s best to think of it as a branch in a new reality, completely different set of circumstances play out from that point on, players react differently to different game situation etc. That’s why it’s difficult to say “this call cost us a win”, unlikely but Pompey has missed sitters before for example

NZWarriors.com
Whenever say a crucial penalty goes against us or a disallowed try etc people often assume the rest of the game would have played out exactly the same. Instead it’s best to think of it as a branch in a new reality, completely different set of circumstances play out from that point on, players react differently to different game situation etc. That’s why it’s difficult to say “this call cost us a win”, unlikely but Pompey has missed sitters before for example
Every moment of existence ìs like that, Synchronicity or some shit. All we can do is make sure we put ourselves in the best position to win every moment -Obi-Wan Wendy

Would be good for Annesley to go, I know the next guy will be the same but if you let him be in charge and repeat the same junk to us and bottom teams over and over without accountability he will just let things get worse, it’s called human nature. But I doubt he will go

Since Up the Wahs is such a movement now I don’t know why all the articles posted here are Aussie and US news articles, where are NZ reporters and sponsors putting the pressure on? Like if you have a country putting pressure even if we are small it’s still bigger than any of their Sydney clubs, especially even Aussie fans, pundits and reporters are blowing up about it. Last year worked a treat when Paris spoke out, this is legit bs and someone mentioned TMM’s health history and geez.

It’s tinfoil hat but I reckon they will make it up to us later, the square up midgame for every single game is pretty obvious and embarrassingly corrupt, to keep the games close if possible. They should just be fair from the start but they are so poor that they will remedy their mistakes without apologizing or looking weak, very F up.

They will probably favor us in games against teams that they are not cumming over, Sharks, Eagles, Raiders etc

Oh Warriorholic even just straight up said F you bunker, wow. Lol

Yes and no.

I think it’s realistic to expect Pompey to slot it over right in front.

No one could score for the next 10+ minutes so not unrealistic to assume no different a result after Pompey slots it as both teams were already fatigued. …

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Yes and no.

I think it’s realistic to expect Pompey to slot it over right in front.

No one could score for the next 10+ minutes so not unrealistic to assume no different a result as both teams were already fatigued. …

Imagine Burton getting smashed late on the face and loses his headgear, right in front with 5 to go, bunker says play on and Dogs lose, the reactions from 360. only the Warriors fans would think their players will choke and not win the game, Pomps literally kicked one from front earlier and I swear he was a lot more smooth with his kicking this game than before

And as an ex-Christchurch resident and a Crusaders fan who watched our team win how many titles, holy crap we’d not have the mentality of our kicker missing in front late in crunch games, it’s “let’s go~~” instead of “OMG he’s gonna choke” mentality lol

Imagine Burton getting smashed late on the face and loses his headgear, right in front with 5 to go, bunker says play on and Dogs lose, the reactions from 360. only the Warriors fans would think their players will choke and not win the game, Pomps literally kicked one from front earlier and I swear he was a lot more smooth with his kicking this game than before
Yeah he slotted from the side lines and his first one just missed as well. He can kick. Pity he can’t catch!

Reactions: CWC
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Would be good for Annesley to go, I know the next guy will be the same but if you let him be in charge and repeat the same junk to us and bottom teams over and over without accountability he will just let things get worse, it’s called human nature. But I doubt he will go

Since Up the Wahs is such a movement now I don’t know why all the articles posted here are Aussie and US news articles, where are NZ reporters and sponsors putting the pressure on? Like if you have a country putting pressure even if we are small it’s still bigger than any of their Sydney clubs, especially even Aussie fans, pundits and reporters are blowing up about it. Last year worked a treat when Paris spoke out, this is legit bs and someone mentioned TMM’s health history and geez.

It’s tinfoil hat but I reckon they will make it up to us later, the square up midgame for every single game is pretty obvious and embarrassingly corrupt, to keep the games close if possible. They should just be fair from the start but they are so poor that they will remedy their mistakes without apologizing or looking weak, very F up.

They will probably favor us in games against teams that they are not cumming over, Sharks, Eagles, Raiders etc

Oh Warriorholic even just straight up said F you bunker, wow. Lol

I find it so interesting now how a bomb of set restarts rarely leads to a sin bin.

Almost as if it's manufactured for the stat sheet..

I will say, we got away with a shitload in the ruck in that first half. That bomb of set restarts felt linked to that...

I find it so interesting now how a bomb of set restarts rarely leads to a sin bin.

Almost as if it's manufactured for the stat sheet..

I will say, we got away with a shitload in the ruck in that first half. That bomb of set restarts felt linked to that...

I don’t even know sin bin is a thing for restarts now lol, I see union refs warn and bin people all the time

I don’t mind those little subjective calls go either way, it’s those clutch obvious in your face calls or penalties 3 tackles back when they never or rarely go back that pisses me off

Sacking Annesley is not the answer, he will only be replaced by another suit and it will be rinse and repeat. The main thing that needs to be addressed is Accountability.

I'm keen to explore two options:
  1. Last 10 minute report (similar to NBA 2 minute report).
  2. An additional Captains Challenge in Golden point.

Last 10 min report:
An official review released by the NRL that evaluates the officiating in the final 10 minutes of games and any golden point periods.

The idea is one for accountability but also, we are rightly or wrongly fixated on one single decision. An officiating report may support we got robbed or show that on balance in the final 10 mins we or they or whatever should also have received penalties here, here and here...

It's not perfect but short of wheeling the officials out into a post match press conference (which is never ever going to happen) it is at least one way to find some accountability.

Golden Point Captains Challenge:
Each team shall receive 1 captains challenge in golden point
  • You either keep the one you have
  • If you have already used it, you get given 1 for golden point.
The refs are shit scared of making a decision, put the power into the players hands.
  • We believe without Mahoneys tip, the kick seemed to be going over
  • We believe Mahoney was not square at marker.
  • We should have the right to challenge it!

Anyway, that's my two pieces I would like explored.
What's the point in an extra challenge when the bunker gets a fair portion of reviews wrong anyway. There's just zero accountability.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
That's exactly what happened though on his press conference...

"We think the officials missed it and it's unacceptable"

"It should have been a penalty"

Problem is they have been owning up to it for years! It just never improves.
Yea but it's the way he comes to that point.

"They were looking at the high contact and didn't give due regard to the lateness of the tackle."

It was high anyway Graham you twat. TMM bleeding from the mouth. Doesn't matter if it was a head clash or not. The fact that they missed both high contact and the lateness of the tackle and then this gimp has tried to put his political spiel on it boils my blood. He's a snake oil salesman.

Last edited:
What's the point in an extra challenge when the bunker gets a fair portion of reviews wrong anyway. There's just zero accountability.

Do they though?

In all honesty, I would predict the bunker probably get above 95% of calls correct - maybe even higher. In fact the same goes for all officials.

The issue being that invariably they get massive calls wrong..

I would like to think that if you are challenging an offside or not square - there is nowhere to hide. (although for some reason you can't challenge not square or some bullshit like that).

There was a game a couple of years ago that we won where there were 3 markers!

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Yea but it's the way he comes to thay point.

"They were looking at the high contact and didn't give due regard to the lateness of the tackle."

It was high anyway Graham you that. TMM bleeding from the mouth. Doesn't matter if it was a head clash or not. The fact that they missed both high contact and the lateness of the tackle and then this gimp has tried to put his political spiel on it boils my blood. He's a snake oil salesman.

I think the difference here is that in Rugby League a head clash is not considered high contact.

In Union it is considered high contact.

I don't think this was a high tackle. And I don't want head clashes penalised. Seeing guys binned in rugby for head clashes just makes my blood boil.

However, late, arguably no arms, forceful etc etc etc

The NRL charged Montoya, and handed Kikau tackle of the week. 🤣

It's a full on pisstake right in front of our faces and they don't give a fuck.

What was the term for CNKs penalised tackle last week v Cobbo?

"Not a functional tackle" - some bullshit like that.

All because he sort of did inside out. I don't see any difference between CNK and Montoya being penalised and Kikau's being celebrated

I think the difference here is that in Rugby League a head clash is not considered high contact.

In Union it is considered high contact.

I don't think this was a high tackle. And I don't want head clashes penalised. Seeing guys binned in rugby for head clashes just makes my blood boil.

However, late, arguably no arms, forceful etc etc etc
He came in with his shoulder, so possibly his shoulder hit. Either way, it was extremely late and dangerous.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back