15 D. Walker 0 0 0 0 1 0 26 1 0 15 0 1 6m 92m 0 0
14 F. Lussick 0 0 0 0 0 0 12 1 0 8 0 0 0m 43m 0 0
16 J. Tevaga 0 0 0 0 1 0 25 1 0 10 0 0 0m 79m 0 0
17 J. Ford 0 0 0 0 0 1 33 1 0 16 0 0 0m 112m 0 1
23 L. Halasima 0 0 0 1 3 0 7 2 0 5 0 0 0m 84m 0 0
20 T. Tuaupiki 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0m 0m 0 0

Rate the game?

• Total voters
Yeah not that simple when the league can be sued though. And who are the lefties, the Labour Party? They're the biggest leagueies, not your right wing Union types mate. Wakey wakey BM.

The wokes are not a political party.

NZWarriors.com
It needs to be how did they screw up and how are they going to be better next time.

For every challenge or try review they roll through everything from start to finish, checking off every small detail.

How they didn't start with TMM has the ball, he passes, the tackle is late, checking for whether it was high and could the tackler have pulled out or reduced the impact.

Now what part of that process wasn't followed, why wasn't it and how do you stop it happening again?

Yeap
I agree
It’s very common sense
The fact the guy at the top can’t give this simple logical response tells me something is off at the top…
Off with his head!!! 😂

It needs to be how did they screw up and how are they going to be better next time.

For every challenge or try review they roll through everything from start to finish, checking off every small detail.

How they didn't start with TMM has the ball, he passes, the tackle is late, checking for whether it was high and could the tackler have pulled out or reduced the impact.

Now what part of that process wasn't followed, why wasn't it and how do you stop it happening again?
For how late this is, I think the Warriors need to be asking a please explain of Adam Gee and his place in the bunker

NRL 360 - no mention of the late hit even though it cost us the game and The NRL just admitted it was a bad miss.

NRL360 love talking about the NRLs incompetencies, poor officiating, game changing decisions and the lack of protection for halfbacks. But not in this case? Completed ignored?

That is some next level bullshit.

Remember the fucking song and dance they made about Harry grant getting incorrectly sin binned? They literally made the ref apologise for his behaviour.

The endless protection of their previous Moses, Cleary and Walsh is fucking sickening. But not for poor TmM, a bloke who’s made a miraculous return free retiring from a brain bleed that nearly cost him his life.
Ol big head Anasta doggies through n through

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Our saving grace could be that the NRL has product driven leadership and if the fans are turning against the officiating they will react.

I’ve always said we will never win the comp while the refs have ‘unconscious bias’ and we need to be vocal and angry in pushing the issue - backed by data and stats so it’s not a whinge.
I think a second NZ team helps immensely. Was surprised by the short sightedness of the warriors to speak up
Against it. 2 teams from NZ getting similar treatment, would be obvious and the drums of change would be much louder. We would have a true nrl brother

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account

Just doesn’t make sense that when clearing the hit for height, they wouldn’t see how late it was. They should be asking Adam Gee how he missed this and questioning his officiating in missing it
Interesting that Annesley didn’t play the audio of the bunker’s review - I think the audio would tell us more than the bullshit explanation he dished up.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
For how late this is, I think the Warriors need to be asking a please explain of Adam Gee and his place in the bunker
While Adam Gee is taking the heat in this and deservedly, there are supposed to be two people in the bunker from what I understand.

"For each match of the NRL season, one Review Official and a Senior Review Official will oversee the decision review process in the Bunker. The Review Official will be responsible for making a decision recommendation to the Senior Review Official who makes the final call."

I think Annesley, as the head honcho, has to take a lot of the responsibility as well.

I would hate to be a referee in this day and age where you will be scrutinized and critiqued on nearly every small decision you make. And it will be done publicly and almost instantaneously, by a range of people, from ones who know what they are talking about through to idiots who don't even understand the rules.

The 'integrity' of the game under Annesley has been allowed to be eroded away at a point in time where the very opposite should be occuring. There are certainly grey areas that occur in league that are going to cause potential controversy when they aren't ruled how you see them or want them to be called. Annesley has made this worse by defending certain interpretations, making up things on the fly like his explanation on the crack down on lifting tackles (RTS sin bin), confusion with fans and I'm assuming officials with a lack of communication when implementing and tweaking interpretations (disruptor plays), a perceived ass covering of officials rather than accountability. But in instances like the TMM tackle it is incredibly hard for fans to understand how it was missed when every person watching came to the correct conclusion either live or after the first replay. The fact it was at such a crucial time of the game exasperates the situation. I'm not so interested in saying whether this did or didn't cost us the game. There is always so many other things that happened and could have happened that affect the result. I am interested in removing howler decisions like this. It wasn't and shouldn't have been a hard decision to make.

Will Adam Gee be hung out to dry? Will Annesley take any responsibility for this?

Whether Annesley is doing a good job or not is now quite irrelevant IMO. The perception of him and his position has become untenable now and after key people in the game have spoken out, changes need to be made.

While Adam Gee is taking the heat in this and deservedly, there are supposed to be two people in the bunker from what I understand.

"For each match of the NRL season, one Review Official and a Senior Review Official will oversee the decision review process in the Bunker. The Review Official will be responsible for making a decision recommendation to the Senior Review Official who makes the final call."

I think Annesley, as the head honcho, has to take a lot of the responsibility as well.

I would hate to be a referee in this day and age where you will be scrutinized and critiqued on nearly every small decision you make. And it will be done publicly and almost instantaneously, by a range of people, from ones who know what they are talking about through to idiots who don't even understand the rules.

The 'integrity' of the game under Annesley has been allowed to be eroded away at a point in time where the very opposite should be occuring. There are certainly grey areas that occur in league that are going to cause potential controversy when they aren't ruled how you see them or want them to be called. Annesley has made this worse by defending certain interpretations, making up things on the fly like his explanation on the crack down on lifting tackles (RTS sin bin), confusion with fans and I'm assuming officials with a lack of communication when implementing and tweaking interpretations (disruptor plays), a perceived ass covering of officials rather than accountability. But in instances like the TMM tackle it is incredibly hard for fans to understand how it was missed when every person watching came to the correct conclusion either live or after the first replay. The fact it was at such a crucial time of the game exasperates the situation. I'm not so interested in saying whether this did or didn't cost us the game. There is always so many other things that happened and could have happened that affect the result. I am interested in removing howler decisions like this. It wasn't and shouldn't have been a hard decision to make.

Will Adam Gee be hung out to dry? Will Annesley take any responsibility for this?

Whether Annesley is doing a good job or not is now quite irrelevant IMO. The perception of him and his position has become untenable now and after key people in the game have spoken out, changes need to be made.
Well said. This is the response the club should send to the NRL. Well done Inruin, we may not always agree on some things but 100% agree & couldn't add any more!
Except maybe enough already!!!

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

Adam Gee is surely the senior figure in the bunker in this instance. Something else I keep banging on about, I know there are split second late hits that the ref or bunker needs to make a decision on but this is so late and the reasoning for missing it so peculiar when multiple cameras are always catching each play. I think like Bay39er it would be very interesting to hear the audio because this one suggests of incompetence at some level. Certainly of annersley at the top, but also of the officials that missed what every other person watching saw

What was the game where it was like several plays later and the bunker looks at something that Jazz or Marata did. We had the ball but had to give it up for the penalty.
Possibly you are thinking of TMM hit on Faalogo in the last Storm game where they went back two or three plays?

That would be the most recent for us, but I have seen it a few other times recently also for other teams. It's just very inconsistent what they choose just goes on report after the fact and what gets called back for report and penalty.

No tin foil needed, just typical NRL inconsistency.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back