Pick Your Team Cowboys v Warriors - Round 14, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda disappointed the boys get a rest this weekend

2 weeks is a long time between games !!!

Talk about a tease. Right when team naming Tuesday really means something.

Still, it is a good thing that Webster gets more time to mull over the selection conundrum.

More time to review tape, more time to talk with the other coaches about how they capitalize on the new boys career pathways from here.

I would be happy with one shock inclusion next Tuesday out of all we have seen.

Also is it time we discuss CNK and his edict that he came here to play fullback only?

I remember thinking at the time that players saying they want positions is not a good thing imo, I prefer they take what they're given and make the most of it for the sake of the team.

Also I am looking forward to the day Webster changes his mind on something like the CNK at FB public media statements.

Good coaches have to be able to never say never.

Talk about a tease. Right when team naming Tuesday really means something.

Still, it is a good thing that Webster gets more time to mull over the selection conundrum.

More time to review tape, more time to talk with the other coaches about how they capitalize on the new boys career pathways from here.

I would be happy with one shock inclusion next Tuesday out of all we have seen.

Also is it time we discuss CNK and his edict that he came here to play fullback only?

I remember thinking at the time that players saying they want positions is not a good thing imo, I prefer they take what they're given and make the most of it for the sake of the team.

Also I am looking forward to the day Webster changes his mind on something like the CNK at FB public media statements.

Good coaches have to be able to never say never.

I think the media was harping on about RTS at FB since last year so Webby was standing by Charnz publicly to give him confidence and CNK probably was saying it to show his own confidence. But things have changed drastically and we got a second life trying out different things and CNK proved he was a total gun at 6, I’d try him at centre still since Roger was nowhere as psychopathic in the front line as Charnz and we’ve got Taine as well, and CNK is aggressive with his D and can take on big second rowers and centres which solves Berry’s deficiency

The main issue he needs to sort out is reading the D, if he can work it out it’d be amazing for the intensity up in the frontline

When Webby brought Charnz to the front it literally felt like this

IMG_2639.gif

Kinda disappointed the boys get a rest this weekend

2 weeks is a long time between games !!!

For me, I'm exhausted - I need the break!

I think it's a real blessing for the Bye to come right now. Not only does it give time for some key players to come back, it also gives the coaches some time to take stock of a pretty crazy two weeks.

I would have to assume this has caused some changes in thinking.

CNK will stay at FB, Pompey is a lock in due to goal kicking as SJ will be nursed back into a courageous team gradually. RTS will have to outplay Pompey and rely on another gun GK to come into the side (SJ, Taine) but, with injuries a common occurrence that wait could be short. Berry is due to return from surgery, only injury or a drastic slide in form will unseat him.
The key to reaching the GF will be SJ's ability to slip into form in a form team AND complement his stand off (TMM).

If it were up to me I'd have SJ at 6 playing second fiddle to TMM until his form speaks for itself, let's hope he can return to his form from last season..

For me, I'm exhausted - I need the break!

I think it's a real blessing for the Bye to come right now. Not only does it give time for some key players to come back, it also gives the coaches some time to take stock of a pretty crazy two weeks.

I would have to assume this has caused some changes in thinking.

Well, i’m not exhausted. For me, a double hitter this weekend :

Sat

Warriors vs Penrith

Sun

Warriors vs Dolphins

Can’t wait to watch the replays!!!
🍿 🥤

Did he feel obliged to feed the ball to Roger rather than making his own plays? The switch from 6 to 7 showed his ability to set up tries or at least force goal line dropouts. At 6, he has played in the shadow of Shaun. Hopefully, with SJ's return, he will be more confident to call for the ball himself but we shall see.

My suspicion is that TMM being quiet is not the issue.

The issue is TMM not being heard.

We will know when SJ comes back.

If TMM doesn't see much ball then the hooker and half back are starving him.

I doubt TMM stands there for eighty minutes saying nothing. He is a veteran, has been calling for ball at other NRL clubs for years.

Why would playing for the Warriors make him lose voice all of a sudden.....

TMM has earned the right to call for the ball now, especially in the opp 20. Would be surprised if Webby isn't coaching the obvious. SJ still runs the show in our own half, his distance kicking is light years ahead of TMM, but at least TMM can take the odd kick. As we get closer to the opp line it becomes increasingly 50/50, with potentially TMM taking the leader at the line if he can keep his hot form up. This would make SJ's life so much easier when he does get the ball, as he'll have a lot of space instead of being swarmed.

TBH at the very least we now know if SJ's edge is targeted and we're going robotic af in the red zone again, it's not the end of the world cuz we could call the other guy to take the lead or start attacking on the other side, whether it's TMM or CHT

In the 4 week rot it did feel like the end of the world after throwing 5 kitchen sinks in a row on the right edge without any result lol

TMM has earned the right to call for the ball now, especially in the opp 20. Would be surprised if Webby isn't coaching the obvious. SJ still runs the show in our own half, his distance kicking is light years ahead of TMM, but at least TMM can take the odd kick. As we get closer to the opp line it becomes increasingly 50/50, with potentially TMM taking the leader at the line if he can keep his hot form up. This would make SJ's life so much easier when he does get the ball, as he'll have a lot of space instead of being swarmed.

Feel like I have been sticking the boot into SJ a fair bit, part of that relates to a sense that over his career he has been a getting a pass by Warriors fans in all areas because of his undoubted genius.
He is going to retire arguably the greatest Warrior. So lets be clear I see SJ as one of the best players I have ever seen and certainly in NZs all time top five, in the discussion of the top three, and still there when the name is pulled out of the hat for the G.O.A.T. "Johnson,Marshall, Jones, Graham"

Other halves have had difficulty pairing with Johnson, over his career the closest he has come to having a strong relationship with a partner is at test level with Foran.

But Foran like other SJ suitors kinda ends up being sucked into SJs event horizon.

The new NRL needs two very active halves to win the comp, a running guy and an organizer.

Nathan CLeary and Luai being the obvious model everyone dreams of.

Cleary could have spent his career eclipsing Luai out of the dialogue that is Penrith ball.

We should all be watching with open minds for the second half of the no SJ experiment - the 'return of the Princess'.

TMM showed he has a few sly tricks near a try line that have sorely ignored by our chief play maker.

The summing up of the case is coming, against the Cowboys the jury will hear the closing arguments of the prosecution and the defence.

Last edited:
Feel like I have been sticking the boot into SJ a fair bit, part of that relates to a sense that over his career he has been a getting a pass by Warriors fans in all areas because of his undoubted genius.
He is going to retire arguably the greatest Warrior. So lets be clear I see SJ as one of the best players I have ever seen and certainly in NZs all time top five, in the discussion of the top three, and still there when the name is pulled out of the hat for the G.O.A.T. "Johnson Marshall, Graham"

Other halves have had difficulty pairing with Johnson, over his career the closest he has come to having a strong relationship with a partner is at test level with Foran.

But Foran like other SJ suitors kinda ends up being sucked into SJs event horizon.

The new NRL needs two very active halves to win the comp, a running guy and an organizer.

Nathan CLeary and Luai being the obvious model everyone dreams of.

Cleary could have spent his career eclipsing Luai out of the dialogue that is Penrith ball.

We should all be watching with open minds for the second half of the no SJ experiment - the 'return of the Princess'.

TMM showed he has a few sly tricks near a try line that have sorely ignored by our chief play maker.

The summing up of the case is coming, against the Cowboys the jury will hear the closing arguments of the prosecution and the defence.

They can always appeal to the high courts which would take months to years to conclude lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back