Pick Your Team Cowboys v Warriors - Round 14, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
People suggesting TMM play hooker or be dropped are delusional.

He's been given the reigns at 7 and killed it.

CHT in 2 opportunities has killed it at 6.

TMM in majority of his games at 6 is invisible.

Something has to give...

I'm not in favour of having TMM on the bench.

I think he has probably earned a move back to 6 with SJs return but with a caveat that he has to find a way to be involved.

At the same time, if CHT were named at 6 to face the Cows I would be stoked.

TMM in majority of his games at 6 is invisible.

I think he has probably earned a move back to 6 with SJs return but with a caveat that he has to find a way to be involved.
I genuinely think this was a game plan thing rather than a concerted effort on SJ or TMMs behalf to be overly dominant or take a back seat respectively.

Hopefully Webby will see leaving it all up to SJ/one half is not working for us this season, which I think he has.

I genuinely think this was a game plan thing rather than a concerted effort on SJ or TMMs behalf to be overly dominant or take a back seat respectively.

Hopefully Webby will see leaving it all up to SJ/one half is not working for us this season, which I think he has.

Perhaps but Lukey Met was getting more ball than TMM.

But, I agree that regardless of how it came to be the path forward is pretty clear.

SJ needs to relinquish some control in order to keep the opposition guessing.

The number of bombs to the left in the last few weeks shows limiting the kick to one corner is foolish.

Perhaps but Lukey Met was getting more ball than TMM.

But, I agree that regardless of how it came to be the path forward is pretty clear.

SJ needs to relinquish some control in order to keep the opposition guessing.

The number of bombs to the left in the last few weeks shows limiting the kick to one corner is foolish.
Really? Their stats aren't drastically different if Metcalf was getting more receipts. These are per game.
Lukes are top, TMM bottom.

1716885503877.png

Really? Their stats aren't drastically different if Metcalf was getting more receipts. These are per game.
Lukes are top, TMM bottom.

View attachment 7535
I did their stats after 3 games each (LM includes the injured knights game but close enough)

Here:
https://nzwarriors.com/threads/luke-metcalf-vs-te-maire-martin.26/post-65764

They don't support an opinion that LM was more involved or had more possessions and that was in a team before it was busted. Which is why I struggle to understand the shade that TMM gets at 6 when what we had previously was comparatively poorer.

Lussick did well not to throw a hand out at that last dropout that they tried to punch it low at the sideline
Lussick has been a loyal servant to the Warriors organisation and deserves respect for the fact he knows he is the second string hooker and is at peace with that at this stage of his career.
2 years ago do you all remember that he lost us a game in the dieing minutes by taking a silly retaliation striking penalty that led to the opposition getting a key try and then victory. He has learned since and has been a stable pair of hands.

Lussick has been a loyal servant to the Warriors organisation and deserves respect for the fact he knows he is the second string hooker and is at peace with that at this stage of his career.
2 years ago do you all remember that he lost us a game in the dieing minutes by taking a silly retaliation striking penalty that led to the opposition getting a key try and then victory. He has learned since and has been a stable pair of hands.
He’s come a long way. Came to us almost with the premise we take him to get Volkman, and he’s still here and Volkman is gone. Remember in pre season he was setting records in fitness drills, if he could clean his service up a bit, he’d be deadly. He’s by no means the worst though but is fit, tough and a sound defender

He’s come a long way. Came to us almost with the premise we take him to get Volkman, and he’s still here and Volkman is gone. Remember in pre season he was setting records in fitness drills, if he could clean his service up a bit, he’d be deadly. He’s by no means the worst though but is fit, tough and a sound defender
Needs to improve his service like you say
Not enough snap in his passes
And doesn't pass well from the base tends to stand up first.

how are people still not putting Marata on an edge, he is a legitimate difference maker..

rd 14
1. TT
2. DWZ
3. CNK
4. Pompey
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Ford
12. Niukore
13. Tohu

14. Walker
15. Bunty
16. Ale
17. Capewell

18. CHT
19. Laban
This.,

Altho wether Webby would still contemplate CNK at centre is probably doubtful. But i just like the energy Taine brings to the team.

CHT for Capewell my only change. cover for a fragile Egan but could also give him a break. Also Walker to take more of Tohu's miniutes.

He’s an admirable replacement that plays his guts out. Loves the team, loved his up the wahs after his after match interview. Probably limited in his time with nsw cup hookers coming through looking sharp
I would liked to see him improve what he is already good at as his focus rather than addressing his limitations. All his strengths are only a 7 out of 10 for that dimension and he has the ability for example to be a great defender rather than a good defender.

I would liked to see him improve what he is already good at as his focus rather than addressing his limitations. All his strengths are only a 7 out of 10 for that dimension and he has the ability for example to be a great defender rather than a good defender.
He’s still young so has plenty of time. Still think he’d be a decent 13 too

He’s still young so has plenty of time. Still think he’d be a decent 13 too

Yeah he's 24 in August, so he's just about at that point where he is at peak physical age and good experience in the NRL

While I don't think Lussick will get to Wayde's level, I think Egan really started to look slick around 2 years ago when he was 25, so it will be interesting to see what Lussick looks like when he's 25 with 60+ games to his name.

Probably still like a giraffe I'm guessing...

Yeah he's 24 in August, so he's just about at that point where he is at peak physical age and good experience in the NRL

While I don't think Lussick will get to Wayde's level, I think Egan really started to look slick around 2 years ago when he was 25, so it will be interesting to see what Lussick looks like when he's 25 with 60+ games to his name.

Very concerning regarding Egan’s future too, the way he keeps copping these head knocks. Whether Egan’s career is a long one or not, I think we’re always going to need a good backup considering the amount he’s effected in whatever capacity by these knocks. As wrighty pointed out, Lussick’s value could be he’s happy to play second fiddle? Until we’ve got a gun that overtakes Egan, it’s something we have to consider. Some players won’t be willing to hang around playing second fiddle and we’re going to be picked at by other clubs at some point soon

Part of me believes that while an elite hooker can be a point of difference to winning games that you can still win if you just have a solid hooker and for teams that value having a solid hooker he ticks all the boxes and at this stage he is looking like having a long career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back