Bulldogs

Kickoff In:

Accor Stadium

Saturday
Afternoon
17:00

Warriors

Team Lists

Sorry MrFrankWhite, that is no way to refer as mediocre a leader of men and a man who gives his all to the team. His contribution to the success of the Warriors should not be denigrated in this way.
Blah blah blah.

If you weren’t personally invested in him, you notice it’s about results not the man. I’ve mentioned it many times. The man is legendary, his production this year is mediocre.

I’m not sure why the above hurts so many people’s feelings. I’m guessing people are internalizing either aging, becoming irrelevant, or just generally identify with being below average.

I’ve also noticed it’s a very Aussie v Kiwi thing. Like kiwis would rather lose than offend someone. It’s a very strange, almost feminine trait.

I like the point of TMM CHT combo being overhyped and them playing off a better forward performance than SJ has had in some games. Yes they are doing a job, but I am not happy with them long term.
Are you saying you aren't going to be applying to the Te M&M fan club?

1720140629858.png

Last edited:
On recent form I'd agree but we're totally unpredictable this year. Burton could do a Foz on us, or TMM could put on a clinic.
Crichton's better than anyone we've got out wide, probably Kikau too. Apart from that it's fairly even. Glad the Fox is out.
Our forwards to run at Kikau as much as possible to tyre him out defensively and nullify his energy on attack, maybe some deft darts by Egan at DH when he is involved in the tackle.

Great read about what the club means to Barnett. Hopefully bodes well for recruitment down the line in his glowing assessment. Hope the team get onboard with Capewell’s 150th game this weekend and the occasion brings out a great performance

Not just next man up
Webby rants on about everyone being honest and brave.. sets that expectation, that bar, then fails miserably in living to those standards…. great words but just words now.. like with SK… not words he lives by… annoys me because I bought into it… 😂

We got a taste of what the team looks like with youth and speed and I want more of it…

I feel he's making changes but in a timeline that suits politics/elections more than like, sport lol. Tohu after a month now down to 20 minutes and Roger likely to the wing, and SJ is "injured" again after 2 weeks. Don't know if it's a young coach thing or what but these political style "phasing out" with dignity serious affected our position on the ladder. Wayne Bennet would probably have just stabbed them in the other extreme lol

Blah blah blah.

If you weren’t personally invested in him, you notice it’s about results not the man. I’ve mentioned it many times. The man is legendary, his production this year is mediocre.

I’m not sure why the above hurts so many people’s feelings. I’m guessing people are internalizing either aging, becoming irrelevant, or just generally identify with being below average.

I’ve also noticed it’s a very Aussie v Kiwi thing. Like kiwis would rather lose than offend someone. It’s a very strange, almost feminine trait.
When did Webby become a kiwi. Is this why we're calling him Wendy?

All excellent counters to Fonzie, but this above all.

We touted “next man up” until it came to the senior guys.
I think if there are two scenarios where ‘next man up’ might not apply they are:
1. Your reigning dally m halfback around whom your entire style of play is based (and where you have no halfback with a similar style to bring in)
2. Your club captain who is telling you he wants to keep fighting as long as he can.

I think if there are two scenarios where ‘next man up’ might not apply they are:
1. Your reigning dally m halfback around whom your entire style of play is based (and where you have no halfback with a similar style to bring in)
2. Your club captain who is telling you he wants to keep fighting as long as he can.

#1 is already accounted for.
#2 Someone needs to have an honest talk with the club captain..

Very true but you are paid to coach the club, not pander to individuals. There is no risk assessment being done any where, which is what leadership is all about. Risk v reward.

Anyone can tell the boys what the plan is and how to follow, that’s what assistants are for; lots of information, lots of time, little responsibility. Leaders get little information, little time, and all the responsibility.

Webbys should have always been thinking “what if SJ doesn’t heal?” “What if Tohu is too old?” “What if the young guys are ready now?”

A good leader should never get taken by surprise.

Very true but you are paid to coach the club, not pander to individuals. There is no risk assessment being done any where, which is what leadership is all about. Risk v reward.

Anyone can tell the boys what the plan is and how to follow, that’s what assistants are for; lots of information, lots of time, little responsibility. Leaders get little information, little time, and all the responsibility.

Webbys should have always been thinking “what if SJ doesn’t heal?” “What if Tohu is too old?” “What if the young guys are ready now?”

A good leader should never get taken by surprise.
I don’t think Webby has been taken by surprise at all; he’s been playing the odds as he sees them with better information than we have.

For example, i think it’s extremely plausible that Webby has known Tohu needs season ending surgery for a while, but has agreed with Tohu that Tohu will fight on until this last bye to give Webby a couple more months to slowly bleed the Cup forwards into grade, and then can lean on them hard for a short 7 week stint after the last bye (knowing that is the best approach for the development of those kids).

Back