• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

TeamList Warriors vs Bulldogs - [Round 25, 2024]

Warriors vs Bulldogs

Warriors

Kickoff In:

Go Media Stadium

Friday
Night
20:00

Bulldogs

Team Lists

Good listen from Webster here too. Good to hear him owning his own mistakes
Interesting comments from Webby. My ears pricked up at “you learn more from winning than from losing” which translates to me that Webby is starting to realise that winning comes above everything.

NZWarriors.com
We never seem to handle these 'special occasion' type games, but I hope the last game against the Dogs is still fresh in their minds. It looks on paper like our forwards should out muscle theirs? … halves/backs not so sure about.
Going to be interesting. Last game we should have beat them despite our horrendous run of in game injuries to our two wingers and fullback. Full house, nothing to lose, last home game for 3 of our players....

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Can someone post Addin's farewell interview like SJ's and Jazz's have been if you stumble across it.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
We can only hope this is the case. Well for some of the backs.
MM DWZ could be easily replaced

New Zealand Warriors off-contract list​

Players off-contract:

Adam Pompey, Ali Leiataua, Bunty Afoa, Chanel Harris-Tavita (MO), Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Demitric Sifakula (CO), Dylan Walker, Edward Kosi, Jackson Ford, Marcelo Montoya, Taine Tuaupiki, Te Maire Martin, Tohu Harris, Tom Ale

Warriors contract news:​

The club will need to move quickly to retain key pieces of their backline with first-choice fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad due to come off-contract in 2025.

Te Maire Martin, Dallin Watene-Zelezniakand Marcelo Montoya could also be due new deals.

In an article today. Who would they let go early if they found a home?

New Zealand Warriors off-contract list​

Players off-contract:

Adam Pompey, Ali Leiataua, Bunty Afoa, Chanel Harris-Tavita (MO), Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Demitric Sifakula (CO), Dylan Walker, Edward Kosi, Jackson Ford, Marcelo Montoya, Taine Tuaupiki, Te Maire Martin, Tohu Harris, Tom Ale

Warriors contract news:​

The club will need to move quickly to retain key pieces of their backline with first-choice fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad due to come off-contract in 2025.

Te Maire Martin, Dallin Watene-Zelezniakand Marcelo Montoya could also be due new deals.

In an article today. Who would they let go early if they found a home?
Always dependent on who they can get. Of all those listed I would keep Pompey (Provided he is cheap), Ali (Needs his D sorted but no brainer to keep him), CHT (Short term to allow the halves coming through time), Sifakula, Taine, TMM and Ale. Walker a maybe. Hard no on Tohu and Bunty. The rest only if we cannot get anyone better.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Interesting comments from Webby. My ears pricked up at “you learn more from winning than from losing” which translates to me that Webby is starting to realise that winning comes above everything.

I guess it means he hasn’t learnt much this season.

Winning puts you in a false sense of security. Losing makes you rethink everything. Losing creates a defeated mentality in some. In others losing motives them to become more desperate. Which one is Webby???

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I posted that list a month or so ago of who can be signed for 2026 on November 1st.

I don't recall any of that list being extended yet. A few taps on the shoulder for sure.
They certainly haven’t rushed to stop any of them getting to market in November. Sifakula should be safely away for hitting the market having a club option for 2026? There’s still a couple of development players they haven’t done anything to extend them in Fukofuka and Moimoi too?

Do we read anything in to CHT being dropped out of the 17 completely?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back