Bulldogs

Kickoff In:

Accor Stadium

Saturday
Afternoon
17:00

Warriors

Team Lists

I don’t think Webby has been taken by surprise at all; he’s been playing the odds as he sees them with better information than we have.

For example, i think it’s extremely plausible that Webby has known Tohu needs season ending surgery for a while, but has agreed with Tohu that Tohu will fight on until this last bye to give Webby a couple more months to slowly bleed the Cup forwards into grade, and then can lean on them hard for a short 7 week stint after the last bye (knowing that is the best approach for the development of those kids).
Quite a plausible explanation. Do you have any idea if our senior players have contractual clauses that stipulate they must be played if fit? I rememeber this was a problem Mooks had when he was coaching Parra.

I don’t think Webby has been taken by surprise at all; he’s been playing the odds as he sees them with better information than we have.

For example, i think it’s extremely plausible that Webby has known Tohu needs season ending surgery for a while, but has agreed with Tohu that Tohu will fight on until this last bye to give Webby a couple more months to slowly bleed the Cup forwards into grade, and then can lean on them hard for a short 7 week stint after the last bye (knowing that is the best approach for the development of those kids).
1. The season results don’t back Webbys decision making process. Losing is losing.

2. Webby is constantly making statements about not seeing things coming.

3. I disagree debuting the kids, letting them ride the bench for 7 weeks while we lose, then smash them for the final 7, while putting our finals hopes in their shoulders, is “the best approach for the development of those kids

In fact that sounds like the stupid shit we do most years.

1. The season results don’t back Webbys decision making process. Losing is losing.

2. Webby is constantly making statements about not seeing things coming.

3. I disagree debuting the kids, letting them ride the bench for 7 weeks while we lose, then smash them for the final 7, while putting our finals hopes in their shoulders, is “the best approach for the development of those kids

No. 3 totally sounds like something the management would do in 2024 though 🤣

Yep. They see what the critics see and agree. Tohu, RTS and the make up of this team are not good enough to beat a team of no names who have managed to climb into top 8 with grit, determination a point to prove and … youth
Or the bookies see the Dogs defence stats and home record... then the priceline moves as to how punters putting their money down.

Honestly you and Frank are being such cry babies

When our youngsters were all we had we played them. But we struggle to recognise that they may also be our best option with all variables being considered. Lots of good for and against points but Webby has ballsed it up and so have our team. Otherwise we'd be top four. But we are not. Evidence.

When our youngsters were all we had we played them. But we struggle to recognise that they may also be our best option with all variables being considered. Lots of good for and against points but Webby has ballsed it up and so have our team. Otherwise we'd be top four. But we are not. Evidence.

FACTS.

I will respect him when he owns up to this performance from mistakes made in his selections and not adjusting or adapting to the situation

Back