Pick Your Team Bulldogs v Warriors - [Round 18, 2024]

Funny how people on here were saying we need him in the team for his kicking,

He has always been an average goal kicker
I'm not his biggest fan but I'll pick him every week.

He's more reliable than RTS. More durable than Leiataua and Berry. He's absolutely zero X factor but he's reliable and durable. That's why I'd pick him.

CNK just needs rotational rest. A fullbacks output is ridiculous these days. Time to run Taine just for that reason

Agree. Its as simple as that.
He used his body as a battling ram early in the season and last year.
Recently you havent seen him take it up so much.
I also reckon he hurt himself in that flying tackle that got penalised for the shoulder charge.
Tuapiki time.
CNK needs to rest and recover properly.

Good timing for us?

Why NRL must crack down on serial pest​

Paul Crawley from Fox Sports
July 1st, 2024 8:04 am
Like it or lump it, NRL players are role models and supposed to set an example for players at every level.
For that reason, the NRL has a responsibility to pull Reed Mahoney into line and stop allowing him to get away with behaving like an A grade mug.
Mahoney was up to his usual tricks against the Sharks as he tried to get under Nicho Hynes’ skin when the players headed to halftime.
Bulldogs’ supporters will point out that it probably worked because Hynes ended up missing the field goal before Matt Burton iced the win.
That might be the case, but the NRL has a responsibility not to allow it.
There is no doubt the niggling tactics Mahoney employs almost every week are a rotten look for the game.
Or does the governing body want to encourage Mahoney’s bully boy antics to be replicated in junior and school footy?
What kids see their heroes doing always gets fed back into grassroots.
Mahoney is also doing his own reputation no favours.
You’d argue he’s now taken over from Jarome Luai as the game’s biggest pest - and it’s nothing to be proud of.
It’s such a shame because when you meet Mahoney he comes across as a likeable and humble young bloke.
But if he keeps this up, I have no doubt one day he will look back with regret.
You also can’t put it down to white-line fever because Mahoney never carried on this way at Parramatta.
Mahoney supporters try to fob it off as gamesmanship.
It’s not gamesmanship, its unsporting and grubby.
Imagine if Mahoney tried this stuff back when Tallis was at his raging best?
The problem now is that the punch has been outlawed, so it’s up to the game to put a stop to it.

Just have someone tell the ref that Mahoney called him a monkey

That'd shut him up and probably get sent to the bin, did he say it? Who cares lol

Lussick can tell the ref that, his fantastic mana wave makes him one of us now 🤣

CNK just needs rotational rest. A fullbacks output is ridiculous these days. Time to run Taine just for that reason
Why do the rest of the team look tired? All the time. They look like it's the end of the season already. Training to hard? Rehab to soft? Lol. You're right tho. CNK looks burnt out. Just needs to pace himself, He doe's his job then breaks his ass to take multiple hit ups a set.

Reactions: CWC
Why do the rest of the team look tired? All the time. They look like it's the end of the season already. Training to hard? Rehab to soft? Lol. You're right tho. CNK looks burnt out. Just needs to pace himself, He doe's his job then breaks his ass to take multiple hit ups a set.

Coaches miss a massive trick by not rotating players in my mind. Especially with the amount of travel we do and the style we play it’s easy to interchange players than ever before.

Would avoid burnout and those flat days

Agree. Its as simple as that.
He used his body as a battling ram early in the season and last year.
Recently you havent seen him take it up so much.
I also reckon he hurt himself in that flying tackle that got penalised for the shoulder charge.
Tuapiki time.
CNK needs to rest and recover properly.
This makes the make up of a modern day team even more important given the demands. Thus we may have to admit Roger is fullback number 3 and winger higher rated than Kosi.

Edit** forgot DWZ can cover fullback if need be

I agree that Charnze could use a break. He's too important to the team to have him struggling. He has put in huge efforts game after game. A day off this weekend and the bye and then he can see us home. Perhaps even leave for the weekend so that he can get away with the family.

Monty and Pompey need to spend some time away from first grade too. But in lower grades.
I have been a huge Monty fan since he came onboard during Covid. I love his passion and his huge hit ups. But he just isn't quick enough. He's coming up against guys that are so fast they're gone before he gets there. And we need the same sort of speed.
Pompey is a journeyman and he is becoming competent and he is another player that I like. But we have better. I thought the ball died with him a couple of times on attack last week where a better centre would have managed to feed his winger and give him a chance.

So I would have
1 RTS (but just for the one game. I would prefer Taine but I'm putting him on the wing)
2 DWZ
3 Leiataua/MGT
4 MGT/Leiataua. Pompey if we absolutely have to so that we don't have a completely raw left side?
5 Tuapiki
6 CHT
7 TMM
8 A Fonua- Blake
9 Egan
10 Barnett
11 Niukore
12 Capewell
13 Walker

14 Lussick
15 Harris replacing Walker for 15 minutes before halftime and 10 minutes after
16 Afoa/Ale/Tevaga
17 Laban for second row rotation

Like Like Reply

Lol we are on of 8 teams on 7 or 8 wins that's legit 1 Team away from half the comp In the same Waka but we got 2 byes left and this year has stood out as one where no clear winners are certain seems like 60% of the games each round are upsets or minor upsets hold on to ya seats lads gonna be a bumpy ride !!! But hey atleast the finish lines in sight we really are still a massive chance

Lol we are on of 8 teams on 7 or 8 wins that's legit 1 Team away from half the comp In the same Waka but we got 2 byes left and this year has stood out as one where no clear winners are certain seems like 60% of the games each round are upsets or minor upsets hold on to ya seats lads gonna be a bumpy ride !!! But hey atleast the finish lines in sight we really are still a massive chance
I think we need 6 more wins. 8 games left. This game against the dogs heading in to the bye is important and quite winnable. Big difference between needing 5/7 and 6/7 after this game. Time to step up AW and players and make our run.

I think we need 6 more wins. 8 games left. This game against the dogs heading in to the bye is important and quite winnable. Big difference between needing 5/7 and 6/7 after this game. Time to step up AW and players and make our run.

I tried to do the NRL ladder predictor but it is broken at the moment - not giving some teams bye points, giving others double.

Based on what I looked at the other day, I would agree it will need 6 wins at least

Back