Pick Your Team Bulldogs v Warriors - [Round 18, 2024]

well, yeah, that's true, but I maintain he's a smarter player, and has more grit ... a better fullback by a mile I reckon
All depends what exactly's wrong with Charnze I spose, if he's carrying an injury Taine is an exciting replacement. His defence is 10x heartier than Walsh's, that's a major asset.

Good timing for us?

Why NRL must crack down on serial pest​

Paul Crawley from Fox Sports
July 1st, 2024 8:04 am
Like it or lump it, NRL players are role models and supposed to set an example for players at every level.
For that reason, the NRL has a responsibility to pull Reed Mahoney into line and stop allowing him to get away with behaving like an A grade mug.
Mahoney was up to his usual tricks against the Sharks as he tried to get under Nicho Hynes’ skin when the players headed to halftime.
Bulldogs’ supporters will point out that it probably worked because Hynes ended up missing the field goal before Matt Burton iced the win.
That might be the case, but the NRL has a responsibility not to allow it.
There is no doubt the niggling tactics Mahoney employs almost every week are a rotten look for the game.
Or does the governing body want to encourage Mahoney’s bully boy antics to be replicated in junior and school footy?
What kids see their heroes doing always gets fed back into grassroots.
Mahoney is also doing his own reputation no favours.
You’d argue he’s now taken over from Jarome Luai as the game’s biggest pest - and it’s nothing to be proud of.
It’s such a shame because when you meet Mahoney he comes across as a likeable and humble young bloke.
But if he keeps this up, I have no doubt one day he will look back with regret.
You also can’t put it down to white-line fever because Mahoney never carried on this way at Parramatta.
Mahoney supporters try to fob it off as gamesmanship.
It’s not gamesmanship, its unsporting and grubby.
Imagine if Mahoney tried this stuff back when Tallis was at his raging best?
The problem now is that the punch has been outlawed, so it’s up to the game to put a stop to it.

Good timing for us?

Why NRL must crack down on serial pest​

Paul Crawley from Fox Sports
July 1st, 2024 8:04 am
Like it or lump it, NRL players are role models and supposed to set an example for players at every level.
For that reason, the NRL has a responsibility to pull Reed Mahoney into line and stop allowing him to get away with behaving like an A grade mug.
Mahoney was up to his usual tricks against the Sharks as he tried to get under Nicho Hynes’ skin when the players headed to halftime.
Bulldogs’ supporters will point out that it probably worked because Hynes ended up missing the field goal before Matt Burton iced the win.
That might be the case, but the NRL has a responsibility not to allow it.
There is no doubt the niggling tactics Mahoney employs almost every week are a rotten look for the game.
Or does the governing body want to encourage Mahoney’s bully boy antics to be replicated in junior and school footy?
What kids see their heroes doing always gets fed back into grassroots.
Mahoney is also doing his own reputation no favours.
You’d argue he’s now taken over from Jarome Luai as the game’s biggest pest - and it’s nothing to be proud of.
It’s such a shame because when you meet Mahoney he comes across as a likeable and humble young bloke.
But if he keeps this up, I have no doubt one day he will look back with regret.
You also can’t put it down to white-line fever because Mahoney never carried on this way at Parramatta.
Mahoney supporters try to fob it off as gamesmanship.
It’s not gamesmanship, its unsporting and grubby.
Imagine if Mahoney tried this stuff back when Tallis was at his raging best?
The problem now is that the punch has been outlawed, so it’s up to the game to put a stop to it.

I think the tactic is to run your dominant aggressive players at him all night and hope he takes a hip to the head. That's how you get rid of a pest! Our forwards and outside backs run it straight so expect that against the Dogs.

I guess thats the TLDR of my 2nd row analysis that I missed.

2nd row is crucial for controlling the ruck on both sides of the ball in todays game. They need to be fast and mobile enough to scramble, strong enough to dominate 1v1, and have enough touch to get the pass away.
Shows how important it is to get it right and Walker at 12 was rubbish. That's right up there with Damien Cook at centre in Origin

I think the tactic is to run your dominant aggressive players at him all night and hope he takes a hip to the head. That's how you get rid of a pest! Our forwards and outside backs run it straight so expect that against the Dogs.
Actually we could send CHT to drop the ball gently on his headgear. Then DWZ to give him a cuddle.

Then get Charnze to go over and lay hands on him and pray the grub out of him. No blood letting required

He kicked 3/6 and missing another sitter right in front last night. Against the Storm he kicked 3 from the side to 14:0 then when pressure is on he missed a sitter so we were still 20:18 behind. He kicked 0/3 in the GF qualifier last year while Reynolds kicked them all so instead of 18:24 going into HT we were 12:24 and when Broncos scored again to make it 18 points, it was game over

All his goals were wobbly hail marys and he can’t kick them 5m either side of the posts, let’s pretend it’s not a problem and mock the solutions proposed, very 2024 guys 😂😂👍

And yes I will have a look if he has rosary beads with him for you next time
Funny how people on here were saying we need him in the team for his kicking,

He has always been an average goal kicker

I think Pompey at 2nd row is a natural progression for the bro. He's too slow to play in the centres and a decent frame for 2nd row, he's probably more of an offensive threat than Capewell and can defend. Would rather some speed in the backline
I agree we need more speed in the backline however your kidding yourself if you think Pompey just slots into second row

For me, the win against the Bulldogs comes from eliminating Matt Burton's involvement and staying with them defensively for the 80 minutes.

We have the better attacking style, dominate the forwards and offer a strong bench quality in comparison.

We have to produce the same high intensity and dominate the front of house! To really test a well balanced defensive structure, you have to be at the right end of the field, so I think possession is going to be crucial for us to keep the Dogs honest the entire match.

Matt Burton for me is the game changer purely because of his boot. Your not really safe even if you have kept the Dogs in their own half through great defence. The key will be to really pressure him on 5th plays - safely too may I add, and whenever he is in the zone to take a kick.

Another positive is that we wont be favored to win this match and rightly so as the Dogs are playing well and seem finals bound. However, it should take a bit of added pressure off our guys you would think.

Dogs played an intense match going into overtime. Does it take much out of them though considering that they played on a Friday. I don't think so, but even more reason for the Warriors to start well.

For me, the win against the Bulldogs comes from eliminating Matt Burton's involvement and staying with them defensively for the 80 minutes.

We have the better attacking style, dominate the forwards and offer a strong bench quality in comparison.

We have to produce the same high intensity and dominate the front of house! To really test a well balanced defensive structure, you have to be at the right end of the field, so I think possession is going to be crucial for us to keep the Dogs honest the entire match.

Matt Burton for me is the game changer purely because of his boot. Your not really safe even if you have kept the Dogs in their own half through great defence. The key will be to really pressure him on 5th plays - safely too may I add, and whenever he is in the zone to take a kick.

Another positive is that we wont be favored to win this match and rightly so as the Dogs are playing well and seem finals bound. However, it should take a bit of added pressure off our guys you would think.

Dogs played an intense match going into overtime. Does it take much out of them though considering that they played on a Friday. I don't think so, but even more reason for the Warriors to start well.
I reckon his long kick while being huge means that we get a short time difference between receiving the ball and their chasers arriving.

Therefore his best kicks are those bombs and his ability for long penalties or drop kicks.

However our kicking game from our halves is short enough for our chasers to arrive to contest.

Key to success is to play to our strengths which are....

I don't understand this forum sometimes. How is Taupiki vs Walsh a serious debate? One is the QLD fullback, one can't even get out of 💙 Mighty NSW Cup.

I get there are some fan boys but this is next level!
Tuaupiki is a Warrior. The best week in week out in cup. He's stuck in cup cos our coach is being a ballbag right now.

Walsh is a Bronco. Your wet dreams about him won't bring him back.

So this ends the debate. Who is better? Well Taine is here...In real life. He's a current mighty Warrior!
Taine wins. Hehe....

Back