Saturday
Afternoon
17:00

Warriors

Team Lists

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
To think I was angry at the time about the slap across the face he'd received by being replaced by Hoffman as captain. This puts things in a stark new light

Whenever I walk past the MSS mural, I wonder how Mannering would have gone in this team. For me, I don't think (long time ago) that my criticality of the team was really of him. To me, he always gave his everything and very rarely had a shocker.

Of course this could be rose tinted glasses and all that, but I think that period was far easier focus on the coaches and players with higher expectations (we know who they are).

I've definitely come around to some negative aspects of Webbys rookie coaching status. But where I think, personally, I've shifted my mentatilty, is around long term success. Beastmode Beastmode wanting more speed, MrFrankWhite MrFrankWhite with his comments on aging players; these really cry out for one thing: More blooding of younger players.

It really does lay in the hands of the coaching staff. But replacement is not the answer. I cannot stand to be thrown back into the perpetual rebuild from scratch cycles again.

Sadly, I think it's as simple as they need more time and experience to get it right.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Back