Bulldogs

Kickoff In:

Accor Stadium

Saturday
Afternoon
17:00

Warriors

Team Lists

Yeah looks like it and about time too.. wings about the only place for him really, but RTS and Pomp combo scares me defence wise Pomps lack of speed would leave RTS in no man's land. Attack same, need a speedy centre to create room for RTS. Having said that RTS has aged since being a chooks winger, these days they're fast, tall and acrobatic.. so what do you do Webby?
Would it be Leiataua comes onto right centre or would they try CNK there and Tuaupiki fullback?

Yep that's obvious to us.... but is Webby thinking along those lines?
Over at the kennel forum the doggy fans, like us, think our left edge is too slow and weak. Talk of using Kikau there and attack and bomb it all day..
Weather forecast wet over there this week with rain in the morning and fine spells throughout the day, so could be a greasy track? Think either way we need our defensive side with it likely a grinding match

I think this game is pretty simple game plan wise. Go after their forwards, roll them. We have it over them in the middle by far, and we need to dominate that battle. Crighton Burton and Kikau are dangerous, if we can make 2 of those 3 quiet, I think we will get them. Our defense needs to hold of course, which will be our biggest question mark.

Interesting RTS being talked about moving from centre and to the wing, I think it could happen with Ali coming in from the extended and Montoya out.

I don't see Ali coming into start fresh back from injury

Yeah looks like it and about time too.. wings about the only place for him really, but RTS and Pomp combo scares me defence wise Pomps lack of speed would leave RTS in no man's land. Attack same, need a speedy centre to create room for RTS. Having said that RTS has aged since being a chooks winger, these days they're fast, tall and acrobatic.. so what do you do Webby?
30+ year old Roger is slower by lots. We have to find the best fit to get maximum value from him for the team.
RTS is definitely an upgrade for Monty with his acceleration, step, tidying up and most importantly ability to turn which is costing us tries

Plus RTS out of the way gives our young centres the chance to play, Ali, Berry, MTG
RTS at centre has been a difficult watch. For a number of reasons but fitting him in the team has been challenging because of who else is in each position he could occupy. I said half heartedly that perhaps RTS could reshape his game to be a copy of Euan Aitken as a nuggety back rower.
Yep that's obvious to us.... but is Webby thinking along those lines?
Over at the kennel forum the doggy fans, like us, think our left edge is too slow and weak. Talk of using Kikau there and attack and bomb it all day..
The dogs defence this year has improved massively so we are going to need all our guns blazing to crack them but I think we can.

How many are coming from CHT?

Can add to his 1 try assist and 0 line break assists this year

Probably one of your worst takes on here.

See reference below

Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 11.49.25.png

Every change is a risk,/reward. Montoya to me needs a break and RTS is the obvious choice. Ali and MTG are fantastic prospects but are not the finished articles in D. My choice would be CNK to Centre and Tuaupiki to FB. Maybe Capewell comes into the Centre discussion.

Those who criticise Pompey, tell me a game where his opposite dominated him he is a sound all round player both sides of the ball. He has been a casualty of the TMM SJ pairing.

Those who want Tohu excluded, look at his workrate. As for middles we have AFB Barnett Ford, Niukore, Harris and Jazz.

Dogs are going well, a classic case of a good team beats a team of good players.

30+ year old Roger is slower by lots. We have to find the best fit to get maximum value from him for the team.

RTS at centre has been a difficult watch. For a number of reasons but fitting him in the team has been challenging because of who else is in each position he could occupy. I said half heartedly that perhaps RTS could reshape his game to be a copy of Euan Aitken as a nuggety back rower.

The dogs defence this year has improved massively so we are going to need all our guns blazing to crack them but I think we can.
I've been thinking RTS would be good in the backrow for a while.

Back