Bulldogs

Kickoff In:

Accor Stadium

Saturday
Afternoon
17:00

Warriors

Team Lists

To have Capewah a current origin player in Ford's old position, if anything he should be starting with Barney off the bench, otherwise it looks like he's being phased out of the team. IMO we can't have Capewah and Ford in the same team with all the juniors coming up...if Webby plays them
Why can't we have both in the same team? I wouldn't play Ford on the fringes at all, he would be in the middle for me. It looked like a master stroke moving him there where his handling wasn't such an issue and he was running at holes, rather than traditional hit ups and making great yardage.

I must have been watching something else as it appears most agree with you that he shouldn't be in the team and was poor at prop. I thought he looked like a different player there (and much more effective).

Why can't we have both in the same team? I wouldn't play Ford on the fringes at all, he would be in the middle for me. It looked like a master stroke moving him there where his handling wasn't such an issue and he was running at holes, rather than traditional hit ups and making great yardage.

I must have been watching something else as it appears most agree with you that he shouldn't be in the team and was poor at prop. I thought he looked like a different player there (and much more effective).

He's been quite good for me but I'd prefer 1 out of 5 starting forwards as a workhorse instead of 2 out of 5 ie nearly half, so we get 3 beasts (Barney/AFB/Marata) plus Walker attacking. Neither are bench players and I'd have Lussick or Taine/Ale/Afoa/Jazz on the bench but Webby seems to be going for Lussick/Jazz/Tohu/Ford so basically he has 2 extra starting workhorse on the bench for now....

Each to their own I guess

You're fixation is becoming embarrasing.
Does your missus get you to tie a topknot in your hair or something?
There’s nothing embarrassing about it. I feel his frustration.

It’s like the titanic. The fucking ship is sinking you dumb karnts, get off it?!!!

Tofu aint gonna miraculous gett
better overnight. He’s not gonna suddenly reverse the years of damage his body has taken. Why ruin the season by waiting for the inevitable, when you can do something about it now and save the season? Same applies to RTS. What exactly are we still waiting for?…. the ship is sinking…. 🚢

It’s like the titanic. The fucking ship is sinking you dumb karnts, get off it?!!!

better overnight. He’s not gonna suddenly reverse the years of damage his body has taken. Why ruin the season by waiting for the inevitable, when you can do something about it now and save the season? Same applies to RTS. What exactly are we still waiting for?…. the ship is sinking…. 🚢
That metaphor doesn't work, there's not enough life boats. Try the Picton ferry.

better overnight. He’s not gonna suddenly reverse the years of 8damage his body has taken. Why ruin the season by waiting for the inevitable, when you can do something about it now and save the season? Same applies to RTS. What exactly are we still waiting for?…. the ship is sinking…. 🚢
He made 23 tackles in 21 mins and they weren't all 3rd man in ones. Who makes those tackles if he doesn't? He may be injured but the guy has N engine 2nd to none. He was a large parrt in stopping any tries down our middle along with others of course. And he certainly isn't the main cause of what ails us. He deserves more respect.
Having said that, if there's another that can do what he does they deserve a shot so he gets time to fix his body. Whoever it is has big boots to fill defensively. Here's hoping.

He made 23 tackles in 21 mins and they weren't all 3rd man in ones. Who makes those tackles if he doesn't? He may be injured but the guy has N engine 2nd to none. He was a large parrt in stopping any tries down our middle along with others of course. And he certainly isn't the main cause of what ails us. He deserves more respect.
Having said that, if there's another that can do what he does they deserve a shot so he gets time to fix his body. Whoever it is has big boots to fill defensively. Here's hoping.

I’m not saying he totally useless but while he’s making 23 tackles he’s hurting us in other areas with lack of speed …

I saw it with my own two eyes in the Storm game. It’s slows everything down.

There’s no zing in his step when he comes on. No up tempo. It’s like he’s already been on the field since the start of the game. Maybe lose all that strapping. It hampers his mobility. That might help. And a haircut.

Last edited:
I’m not saying he totally useless but while he’s making 23 tackles he’s hurting us in other areas with lack of speed …

I saw it with my own two eyes in the Storm game. It’s slows everything down.

There’s no zing in his step when he comes on. No up tempo. It’s like he’s already been on the field since the start of the game. Maybe lose all that strapping. It hampers his mobility. That might help. And a haircut.
I would love for Webby to listen to all the Tohu haters and just play all the young lads that everyone wants to play and see how well we go. I promise you it won't end well.

I would love for Webby to listen to all the Tohu haters and just play all the young lads that everyone wants to play and see how well we go. I promise you it won't end well.
Look, I am a Tohu fan. And he's been an awesome servant of the game. But he is slow & Injured all the time. Sometimes you have to call like it is. It's not only him, Look at RTS & SJ. Two of my fav warriors of all time. Not looking to flash either.

Age catches up with everyone. Right now, I'd prefer one of the young guns to get gametime over Tohu. The rest Tohu gets he will either come back as fresh as ever, Or, He'll realise his body is shot and is not up to the rigours of the NRL.

Sorry Mrs Harris.

My problem is with mediocrity, I get that can be grating when you are below average.
Man this forum gets weird sometimes. But I do like a good argument just not for the sake of it.
Tohu is awesome. But it's time. Yes Halasima and co might be shit if we introduce them but while Tohu is captain it takes longer for their development and I'm ready for Zyon Maiu’u to get bench minutes once he's back. Laban to get minutes and if we have to wait till our don't matter because we're in the finals games then I'd be happy to see Halasima and also see Sifakula get a few bench minutes

IMG_2733.jpeg

“Jack I’m flying Jack!”

Can Webster just bite the bullet already and chuck Taine in at 14 over Lussick. He offer's far more utility value and is the x-factor we need off the bench. Guys like Jazz and/or Walks could do just as good of a job as Lussick at hooker if Egan goes down throughout the match.

Back