• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

TeamList Warriors vs Eels - [Round 22, 2024]

Warriors vs Eels

Warriors

Kickoff In:

Go Media Stadium

Friday
Night
20:00

Eels

Team Lists

NZWarriors.com
Weird everyone dissing TMM, his assist rate at 7 off the charts. SJ has been rubbish all year with a winning percentage of under 50%

RTS has to play fullback, shift CNK into the centres MGT to the wing. Least Ford is out finally, but not form related.
Who is dissing him? I've read that he looked to have been playing injured the last month. And that CHT works better with SJ. No one's dissing him.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Egan has that sober alcoholic look to me. You know when they haven't had a drink for a while but basically their blood is now alcohol anyway and you can still smell it coming through their pores. He has had so many head knocks it isn't making a difference anymore. Scary thing for me is even if you just look at the last game and the number of times he was in trouble and nothing from independent doctor or AW. I am genuinely worried about his future life.
Bang on. Drop him so he can heal and regenerate some brain function. He's still a gun player but.....

When we rated the halves at the beginning of the year even before game one, CHT and SJ was who I wanted now finally get to see them together in 2024.
CHT offers a second kicking option which TMM and Metcalf didn't chime in with, and CHT seems to unleash the left edge the best. He is also the best defender of the three and is most content to be an understudy to a dominant half like SJ.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
When we rated the halves at the beginning of the year even before game one, CHT and SJ was who I wanted now finally get to see them together in 2024.
CHT offers a second kicking option which TMM and Metcalf didn't chime in with, and CHT seems to unleash the left edge the best. He is also the best defender of the three and is most content to be an understudy to a dominant half like SJ.
But if SJ goes missing? I'm just being argumentative for the sake of it. I'm keen to see if SJ can enjoy this game and run the show and get centres, props and edge back rowers running their lines to perfection. Because SJ can get the ball to them. TMM's pass for Leiataua's try was all but a hospital pass.

But if SJ goes missing? I'm just being argumentative for the sake of it. I'm keen to see if SJ can enjoy this game and run the show and get centres, props and edge back rowers running their lines to perfection. Because SJ can get the ball to them. TMM's pass for Leiataua's try was all but a hospital pass.
Hi Run it Str8t

I have a hunch - but could be wrong - that TMMs downturn the past two games was the video being out on him. I think the oppositions must have thrown better defenders at him or taken him more seriously. I also can only justify SJ going missing this year by the thought the opposition have studied video of him for countless hours.
When SJ comes back on Friday it needs to be a different SJ. I won't be prescriptive about what he needs to change. But he needs to have been for a few hikes through our beautiful native bush to get in touch with himself. He needs to either play at higher speed, execute different plays or find some type of new gear.

In the traditions of some of the greatest Kiwi halves that have gone before him - huge names, Freeman, Filipaina, Jones - SJ is better than all of them. And for the next 6 games and playoffs if we are lucky he has an opportunity to write himself into rugby league immortality.
SJ will be up for this motivation wise. He just needs to play smart and be one step ahead of where the opposition defensive coaches have been for all of this season.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Hi Run it Str8t

I have a hunch - but could be wrong - that TMMs downturn the past two games was the video being out on him. I think the oppositions must have thrown better defenders at him or taken him more seriously. I also can only justify SJ going missing this year by the thought the opposition have studied video of him for countless hours.
When SJ comes back on Friday it needs to be a different SJ. I won't be prescriptive about what he needs to change. But he needs to have been for a few hikes through our beautiful native bush to get in touch with himself. He needs to either play at higher speed, execute different plays or find some type of new gear.

In the traditions of some of the greatest Kiwi halves that have gone before him - huge names, Freeman, Filipaina, Jones - SJ is better than all of them. And for the next 6 games and playoffs if we are lucky he has an opportunity to write himself into rugby league immortality.
SJ will be up for this motivation wise. He just needs to play smart and be one step ahead of where the opposition defensive coaches have been for all of this season.
Oh big call there.
Did you ever see Stacey Jones play?
(That’s a Billy Slater line)
It’s subjective.
But I think Stace was more consistent.
Sj has been inconsistent.

Oh big call there.
Did you ever see Stacey Jones play?
(That’s a Billy Slater line)
It’s subjective.
But I think Stace was more consistent.
Sj has been inconsistent.
No honestly I have never seen Stacy play except for you tube highlights. So as you were. I took some liberties with my call.

I have seen plenty of Freeman and Filipaina,

Reactions: kos
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Bit torn- I hate changing winning teams but tbh it wasn’t the most convincing win of all time and the side certainly looks a lot stronger on paper with Sj and cnk bookending the backline.
With our pack and that back three we won’t struggle to roll upfield so hopefully the halves can take advantage of it this time.
We even seem to have a bit more strike out wide with the 2 young centers and rts and dwz outside them.
It does look like the makings of a side that could go on a bit of a run…
I’m optimistic.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back