• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Pick Your Team Warriors v Eels - [Round 22, 2024]

Selling out a full season was utterly inconceivable not that long ago.

Even managing to continue the run with a team on a losing record in 24 is super impressive.

Thing is, there hasn't been too many blow outs this season. Most loses were very close.

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Hopefully, we can get a fully fit CNK, SJ, and RTS before the year is out. I want to see if CNK and SJ can link back up on that old block play on the right, and I want to see RTS back at left centre again, with maybe CHT inside him instead.

That's assuming we can get a less dominant SJ, so CHT isn't standing with his hands in his pockets like Te Maire was, and Roger gets some half-decent ball in the opp. 20.

Maybe just repeating the same old mistakes, but I still like to imagine that 1. Charnze, 2. Dallin, 4. Roger, 7. Shaun are the best options in those spots. If it isn't, I can only hope Webby might ease up on his stubbornness with Fullback and try Charnze at centre with Roger at the back.

Maybe just repeating the same old mistakes, but I still like to imagine that 1. Charnze, 2. Dallin, 4. Roger, 7. Shaun are the best options in those spots. If it isn't, I can only hope Webby might ease up on his stubbornness with Fullback and try Charnze at centre with Roger at the back.
Do you really think RTS is our best option at Centre? I would have RTS as a back up FB. With that though if he plays FB it is on defense. When on attack have someone who is able to link with other players play FB and RTS slots into their position.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
RTS would be my 3rd pick at FB but a lock on left Wing. Both CHT and TT are better at backing up breaks in the middle. CNK has been out for a while so RTS can spell him. If available SJ for TMM.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Good stuff and onya, Ale! Way to go!
O.k let's see RTS on the bench please. Halasima into centre and MGT goes to the wing. 'A Crucial Timed Sub' (by Hough AW) throws RTS in for CNK (Cnk goes to 5/8, Cht to bench to cover whomever) moving strike positions forward adding to the pressure the eels might have trained for already. Nah. Freddy vs. Joey = -----go Fittler!

NZWahs all the way with a Win! (y):)

Btw, my dog put his 2c/paws in with the ( -----) lol. Sit Ubu sit. Rawf/Bark, good dog.

Someone mentioned here a while ago that CNK may have been brought here on the promise he can play FB.

If that's the case then its very unlikely CNK will be moved into any other position unless for a temporary dire straits/injuries situation like it was when he was given the #6 jersey a few weeks ago.

Unfortunately with this type of promise you can't really break it based on "we think this guy is better"... Well you can, but you likely upset the player + gain a reputation of not sticking to your promises within the player market.

Someone mentioned here a while ago that CNK may have been brought here on the promise he can play FB.

If that's the case then its very unlikely CNK will be moved into any other position unless for a temporary dire straits/injuries situation like it was when he was given the #6 jersey a few weeks ago.

Unfortunately with this type of promise you can't really break it based on "we think this guy is better"... Well you can, but you likely upset the player + gain a reputation of not sticking to your promises within the player market.

He was gonna play centre in another game but had a flu, so he's not that stubborn IMO, I think he can replace Walker who might be leaving due to family issues, still a crucial position

He was gonna play centre in another game but had a flu, so he's not that stubborn IMO, I think he can replace Walker who might be leaving due to family issues, still a crucial position

Yeah hard out. I feel that CNK was signed for 3 years and apart from those 2 games, he's been first choice FB for the first 2 years of the deal.

If there's a better option for FB that emerges at the start of the 3rd year of the contract, well that might be a bit frustrating for Charnz as a player however I'd argue that we held our end of the deal up, even more so as RTS was coming back and EVERYONE in the media was talking about him as a FB but Webby stuck to Charnz

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back