• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Pick Your Team Warriors v Eels - [Round 22, 2024]

One mistake doesn't mean you drop the bloke, and Api is one of the better hookers in the League. Egan isn't the first to get done by him nor will he be the last.
He's a much better hooker overall than Lussick and we'll need him against the Eels.
Yeah, I am not disagreeing about the part where Egan is better than Lussick overall, but Egan hasn't done anything in weeks. Lussick needs minutes. We also need a succession plan.

Apparently Paul Roache has been playing halves which doesn't help that.

NZWarriors.com
Yeah, I am not disagreeing about the part where Egan is better than Lussick overall, but Egan hasn't done anything in weeks. Lussick needs minutes. We also need a succession plan.

Apparently Paul Roache has been playing halves which doesn't help that.
The succession plan is already in place, Lussick is backup, Roache is the 3rd in line. Egan made 55+ tackles the last two weeks, it's not like he's just been putting his feet up.
You don't rest your best players when every game is do or die from here on out.

The succession plan is already in place, Lussick is backup, Roache is the 3rd in line. Egan made 55+ tackles the last two weeks, it's not like he's just been putting his feet up.
That is my concern though. Our hooker is doing a huge amount of tackles. His service from dummy half hasn't been as sharp as it usually has been. He is our best 9 but I'd start with Lussick for 20min just to take that initial edge off the game

That is my concern though. Our hooker is doing a huge amount of tackles. His service from dummy half hasn't been as sharp as it usually has been. He is our best 9 but I'd start with Lussick for 20min just to take that initial edge off the game
Whenever we have started with Lussick this year we have gotten off to a bad start and come back into the match when Egan came on. Lussick seems to do well when the opposition are a bit fatigued. My two cents.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Whenever we have started with Lussick this year we have gotten off to a bad start and come back into the match when Egan came on. Lussick seems to do well when the opposition are a bit fatigued. My two cents.
It's just a matter of teaching Egan to tackle correctly.
The damage was done from the first tackle when his head was in front of the player rather than behind.
Surely our coaching staff would have seen it also and adjust his technique

Tt
DWZ
MTG
Ali
RTS
CHT
TMM
AFB
Lussick
Barnet
Halasima
Niukore
Capewell

Egan
Ale
Jazz
Walker

Rationale
TT need goal kicking backup

Freddy better defender, playing better than Egan atm. Give Halasima a crack, Walker is better off the bench imo.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Do we give the others more minutes if we lose 1-2 games before the end of the season?

Im curious as to what everyone's thoughts are about SJ.
He should be due back this week - if he's fit to we play him?

I know when he came back last time he was injured and not playing well, and TMM and CHT had a good few games in a row, however it seems that after having a bit more of an extended run, the TMM and CHT pairing still has a lot left to be desired.

Do we revert back to SJ? Do we let him run the ship and go back to what we were doing at the beginning of the year? Do we persist with the joint TMM/SJ role that we tried before SJ got injured? Does SJ follow TMMs lead?

The way I see it, if he's fit he has to play. Were playing the Eel next and while I know there's no easy games in the NRL I feel that having this game next means that we can maybe try a few things to see what works, before the more more difficult games coming up.

Imo, were not making the 8 if it's a TMM and CHT halves combo for the rest of the year so we may as well roll the dice, get SJ in and if we can get him and TMM clicking before the end of the Eels game were got a chance

I know when he came back last time he was injured and not playing well, and TMM and CHT had a good few games in a row, however it seems that after having a bit more of an extended run, the TMM and CHT pairing still has a lot left to be desired.

Do we revert back to SJ? Do we let him run the ship and go back to what we were doing at the beginning of the year? Do we persist with the joint TMM/SJ role that we tried before SJ got injured? Does SJ follow TMMs lead?

The way I see it, if he's fit he has to play. Were playing the Eel next and while I know there's no easy games in the NRL I feel that having this game next means that we can maybe try a few things to see what works, before the more more difficult games coming up.

Imo, were not making the 8 if it's a TMM and CHT halves combo for the rest of the year so we may as well roll the dice, get SJ in and if we can get him and TMM clicking before the end of the Eels game were got a chance
Feel like the club needs to play him to be seeing how we can utilise our best halves pairing going forward and who they are. Think CHT goes to the bench in SJ’s return

We definitely weren't going to make the 8 before TMM took over at 7. SJ if fully fit and playing like last season is the best halfback but we have seen the disruption it makes if he isn't. Is there any reason he can't have a game in cup to test himself out in a full game first? If he is good to go then bring him in. I'm not sure who goes though. Might be a bit harsh but maybe it's TMM. I just think you need a basic 6 like CHT to partner SJ and I actually don't think CHT is a good 14.

As far as whether CHT and TMM have done their dash, let's not forget that we lost to the dogs in golden point after a horrendous number of backline injuries in the game and a 2 point loss to the raiders in arctic conditions by 2. And this was after a 66-6 thrashing by the titans.

So, I guess the risk is whether SJ comes back from an Achilles injury which generally take a long time to heal and isn't right and we stink it up. People had that vibe after the three run game and thought we are back on track. Nek minute loss to storm and smashed by titans and back to trying to get combinations, confidence and momentum again.

IMO we are going to miss the 8 regardless of who plays in the halves so rest SJ for potentially next season if he stays and let TMM and CHT develop further. They have had only 7 or so games playing together. If SJ does get injured or doesn't go around again next season TMM is my halfback choice by quite a margin so best to let him play now.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
As far as whether CHT and TMM have done their dash, let's not forget that we lost to the dogs in golden point after a horrendous number of backline injuries in the game and a 2 point loss to the raiders in arctic conditions by 2. And this was after a 66-6 thrashing by the titans.
I'm of the opinion that although those losses were close, it wasn't due to those halves. It could be argued that we lost because of some things the halves did or didn't do in those games. We will never know for sure though

I'm of the opinion that although those losses were close, it wasn't due to those halves. It could be argued that we lost because of some things the halves did or didn't do in those games. We will never know for sure though
A better question is how many of these losses would have been wins if SJ and Metcalf had been playing.
Again we will never know.
Only speculate

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

If SJ’s fit you play him. You don’t go from being the deserved Dally M favourite to not being good enough to play halfback at the Warriors in less than 12 months.

Kosi gives me the 💩 ‘s
RTS to wing
TT to fullback (kicking option)

Halasima to play more than 9 mins.
Halasima + AFB combo every set

About time we bring in Sifakula

Egan can take the week off. Lussick to play 80mins

Bench
Bunty
Jazz
Halasima
Sifakula

This is the way.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back