• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Post Match Warriors v Bulldogs - [Round 25, 2024]

Warriors vs Bulldogs

Warriors

18 - 34

MATCH COMPLETE

Go Media Stadium

23 Aug 2024

Bulldogs

Match Stats

Warriors Bulldogs
3 Tries 6
3 / 3 Conversions 5 / 6
0/0 Field Goals 0/0
0/0 2P Field Goals 0/0
2 Try Assists 6
Warriors Bulldogs
48% Possession 52%
9 / 28 Set Completion 8 / 27
47 Time in Opposition Half 53
1112 Metres Gained 1149
2 Dropouts 2
1 Dummy Half Runs 3
12 / 311 Kicks/Kick Metres 17 / 455
0 40/20 1
0 20/40 0
8 Offloads 3
0 1 on 1 Steals 0
5 Line Breaks 4
4 Line Break Assists 2
5 Support Play 13
Warriors Bulldogs
9 / 28 Set Completion 8 / 27
5 Penalties (Conceded) 6
8 Set Restarts 2
12 Errors 9

Player Stats

# Warriors T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
1 C. Nicoll-Klokstad 0 0 0 1 4 1 4 0 0 21 0 0 0m 110m 2 0
2 D. Watene-Zelezniak 0 0 0 0 2 2 3 0 0 13 0 1 15m 81m 1 0
3 A. Pompey 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 1 0 1 0 0 0m 5m 0 1
4 R. Tuivasa-Sheck 0 0 0 0 0 0 6 2 0 8 0 0 0m 42m 1 0
5 M. Montoya 1 4 0 1 6 0 1 0 0 14 0 0 0m 93m 0 1
6 L. Metcalf 0 0 2 0 0 0 9 4 0 21 0 0 0m 40m 0 1
7 S. Johnson 0 6 0 0 5 1 6 3 0 40 0 11 296m 47m 3 0
8 A. Fonua-Blake 0 0 0 0 2 3 38 0 0 14 0 0 0m 108m 0 1
9 W. Egan 1 4 0 1 1 0 32 1 0 5 1 0 0m 14m 0 1
16 J. Tevaga 0 0 0 0 1 0 38 1 0 12 0 0 0m 87m 1 0
10 M. Barnett 0 0 0 0 1 0 25 4 0 8 0 0 0m 88m 0 0
12 K. Capewell 1 4 0 1 3 0 19 1 0 16 0 0 0m 129m 1 0
13 D. Walker 0 0 0 0 1 0 33 1 0 13 0 0 0m 79m 0 0
11 M. Niukore 0 0 0 0 0 0 15 1 0 8 0 0 0m 44m 2 0
14 F. Lussick 0 0 0 0 0 0 15 0 0 1 0 0 0m 0m 1 0
17 D. Sifakula 0 0 0 1 5 0 12 0 0 11 0 0 0m 101m 0 0
18 C. Harris-Tavita 0 0 0 0 0 1 8 1 0 8 0 0 0m 44m 0 0
15 T. Ale 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0m 0m 0 0
# Bulldogs T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
1 C. Tracey 0 0 0 0 2 1 2 1 0 25 0 1 10m 92m 1 0
2 J. Kiraz 1 4 0 0 2 2 11 1 0 14 0 0 0m 120m 0 0
3 B. Xerri 1 4 0 1 1 0 10 2 0 11 0 1 19m 82m 3 0
4 S. Crichton 1 4 1 1 2 0 10 4 0 13 0 0 0m 97m 0 1
5 J. Addo-Carr 1 4 0 0 2 0 1 1 0 14 0 0 0m 87m 0 0
6 M. Burton 0 10 2 0 4 0 18 3 0 23 0 7 272m 37m 0 0
7 T. Sexton 0 0 2 0 1 0 18 1 0 33 0 7 122m 21m 2 0
23 M. King 0 0 0 0 0 0 22 1 0 13 0 0 0m 108m 0 2
9 R. Mahoney 0 0 0 0 0 0 35 3 0 8 2 1 32m 29m 0 0
10 S. Hughes 0 0 0 0 0 0 27 0 0 14 0 0 0m 98m 0 1
11 V. Kikau 0 0 1 1 4 0 14 7 0 11 1 0 0m 76m 1 1
12 J. Preston 0 0 0 0 0 0 19 0 0 5 0 0 0m 38m 0 0
13 K. Mann 0 0 0 0 0 0 12 0 0 7 0 0 0m 35m 1 0
14 B. Hayward 0 0 0 0 0 0 13 2 0 2 0 0 0m 13m 0 0
15 K. Morrin 1 4 0 0 1 0 9 1 0 8 0 0 0m 63m 0 0
16 H. Hayes 1 4 0 1 1 0 17 2 0 13 0 0 0m 93m 0 0
17 J. Salmon 0 0 0 0 0 0 19 2 0 9 0 0 0m 60m 1 1
21 E. Clark 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0m 0m 0 0

Rate the game?

• A+

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • A

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • B

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • C

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • F-

Votes: 31 36.5%

• Total voters
He really stood out as our worst defender/try stopper at least to me.
Was he injured all year?
Well to be fair he wouldn’t need to tackle if his centers and wingers did their job and made tackles. Montoya and DWZ have been diabolical. RTS schooled so many times I’ve lost count.

CHT has been serviceable on defence but that all goes to waste from all the errors he makes kicking and throwing passes to his invisible friend.

CNK hasnt been great but he’s the least of our problems right now. Our wingers are slow and ineffective. Halves can’t kick. Too slow, too old and too one dimensional.

But all this is fixable. Andrew is a smart man. He will see this as an opportunity to fix next season. And I have faith he can do it. 🙏

NZWarriors.com
Well to be fair he wouldn’t need to tackle if his centers and wingers did their job and made tackles. Montoya and DWZ have been diabolical. RTS schooled so many times I’ve lost count.

CHT has been serviceable on defence but that all goes to waste from all the errors he makes kicking and throwing passes to his invisible friend.

CNK hasnt been great but he’s the least of our problems right now. Our wingers are slow and ineffective. Halves can’t kick. Too slow, too old and too one dimensional.

But all this is fixable. Andrew is a smart man. He will see this as an opportunity to fix next season. And I have faith he can do it. 🙏
Now that SJ has retired I see our priority issues as

1) Replace SJ through recruiting
2) New fullback next year TT or RTS. I would go TT for kicking

We do those two things we are in with a throw at the playoffs

I don't see fixing our wings lack of speed as a priority. Our centres are fine

Now that SJ has retired I see our priority issues as

1) Replace SJ through recruiting
2) New fullback next year TT or RTS. I would go TT for kicking

We do those two things we are in with a throw at the playoffs

I don't see fixing our wings lack of speed as a priority. Our centres are fine
Who are your centres Wrighty?
Rocco and Pomp’s?

Who are your centres Wrighty?
Rocco and Pomp’s?
Every single person on the forum seems to have had the insight and has made a post at some point this year that Pompey is not our most talented centre but he we seem to win when he plays and lose when he doesn't
So has to be Pompey with one birth
Ali played so well in his debut last year but flattered to deceive this year.
Out of RTS vs Rocco yeah I will let Webster make that call. Both have plusses and minuses
MGT can have another go at some point next year as long as he sits out a fair chunk of the start of next year to learn his lesson for his egregious display last time he played.
Who would you pick Kos?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Every single person on the forum seems to have had the insight and has made a post at some point this year that Pompey is not our most talented centre but he we seem to win when he plays and lose when he doesn't
So has to be Pompey with one birth
Ali played so well in his debut last year but flattered to deceive this year.
Out of RTS vs Rocco yeah I will let Webster make that call. Both have plusses and minuses
MGT can have another go at some point next year as long as he sits out a fair chunk of the start of next year to learn his lesson for his egregious display last time he played.
Who would you pick Kos?
Rocco and Pomps.
RTs can be cover for centre -wing -fb
There will be injuries and Ali and MGT will get games.

Taine needs to be used -halves-fb-wing

Rocco and Pomps.
RTs can be cover for centre -wing -fb
There will be injuries and Ali and MGT will get games.

Taine needs to be used -halves-fb-wing
I posted last week Kos that I read that no team has won a game in 2024 when a back has gone down injured in the first half,
There is a case to be made for playing RtS at 17 all year as an injury sub. Once when Ricky lost a game due to a back line injury he blamed himself for not putting a back on the bench. SK used to be a fan of having backs on the bench. Anthony Gelling was always on the bench.

I posted last week Kos that I read that no team has won a game in 2024 when a back has gone down injured in the first half,
There is a case to be made for playing RtS at 17 all year as an injury sub. Once when Ricky lost a game due to a back line injury he blamed himself for not putting a back on the bench. SK used to be a fan of having backs on the bench. Anthony Gelling was always on the bench.
Ah Anthony Gelling -liked that guy.
Yes there s got to be change next year cant run with the 2024 system of leaving the bulk of the team the same loss after loss.

Introduce speed and energy and deage the first grade squad.

Ah Anthony Gelling -liked that guy.
Yes there s got to be change next year cant run with the 2024 system of leaving the bulk of the team the same loss after loss.

Introduce speed and energy and deage the first grade squad.
Never heard of the word deage before. Good stuff.

The best thing that can happen is that CNK and RTS are picked and play again next week to give another data point on them to feed into the end of year review. Closely followed of course by the toughest pre-season ever.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
So here are the last few lines from Fox regarding the Warriors and the refereeing debacle from Friday night and this is after Cam Murray was sent to the bin for a very similar incident one night later
Crichton was offered a one-match ban for his high shot on Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, which forced the Warriors veteran off the field where he failed a HIA.

Strangely, despite Crichton not attempting to wrap his arms up in the tackle and collecting Tuivasa-Sheck flush in the head, the Bulldogs skipper was allowed to stay on the field.

Had he been binned, the Bulldogs would have been down a man and trailing 18-16 at a critical juncture in the second half, but instead they scored the next three tries to win 34-18.
What I want to see from Webster going forward is to no longer put the team at fault for the loss but to lay the blame squarely at the officials. There is an on-field ref, two linesmen and a bunker fucking up the game and we the Warriors get particularly targeted.
Now this might be retribution for the comments Jason Paris made last season in regards to the refereeing but if it's truly this bad, and it is, then it has to be called out and it needs to end. So Jason, please, it's time to step up once again and put the spotlight on the actual guilty party. Andrew, it's time to stop playing nice to them while blaming your players. Mark Robinson, you have to give the green light because it's your money, your investment, AW's salary, the players efforts and our team that are getting backdoored!

Put an end to this shit now before they try to fuck us next season too..

This is not a dig at you. Just this always gets said. Even James Graham was saying in the post match.
I really don't like this "staying down" narrative. It's a contact sport, and sometimes players will get hit somewhere that hurts. There is a very high possibility that if a player is "staying down" that they possibly got hurt a little bit and need a moment.
If anyone thinks that it is always milking, then i suggest they punch themselves in their nuts and see if they need a moment to compose themselves.
NRL players play with and through the most incredible injuries and pain. I think they would rather get up as RTS did on Friday night, they are fierce athletes and ultra competitive.
They stay down because a penalty can be game changing. I am positive they would prefer not too out of pride but winning/competitive instinct trumps this

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
So here are the last few lines from Fox regarding the Warriors and the refereeing debacle from Friday night and this is after Cam Murray was sent to the bin for a very similar incident one night later

What I want to see from Webster going forward is to no longer put the team at fault for the loss but to lay the blame squarely at the officials. There is an on-field ref, two linesmen and a bunker fucking up the game and we the Warriors get particularly targeted.
Now this might be retribution for the comments Jason Paris made last season in regards to the refereeing but if it's truly this bad, and it is, then it has to be called out and it needs to end. So Jason, please, it's time to step up once again and put the spotlight on the actual guilty party. Andrew, it's time to stop playing nice to them while blaming your players. Mark Robinson, you have to give the green light because it's your money, your investment, AW's salary, the players efforts and our team that are getting backdoored!

Put an end to this shit now before they try to fuck us next season too..
Looking at our season we lost to the bulldogs away through a refereeing decision. Every other game we had plenty of opportunities to win.
Last year the team had the resilience and belief to persevere regardless. This year that has evaporated and especially at the end of the first half.
Going forward the only way we improve our position is taking responsibility for it.
I don’t want the coach to ever comment on officials. In talking about the Crighton decision he totally avoided what was a complete implosion by his team when they were on attack.
I am hoping privately with the team this is being addressed

To bring in TT at fb is a good move.... but the centres and wings need to be sorted first. They're turnstiles right now and that makes the fb defend more than he needs to. TT ain't a big guy and sooner or later he'll get injured more often than not..

Social media blowing up about all of this. To top things off, Murray sin binned last night for a shoulder to the head of frizzell.

This isn’t a conspiracy against the warriors, to be clear.

This is incompetence of the referees. The ref boss is stuck between a rock & a hard place. He is obligated to defend his employees, as any employer should (eg your workplace defending you), however he’s also obligated to uphold the integrity of the sport itself.

This recent uproar isn’t going Make people want to become a referee, and without refs we have no sport. However on the other hand, these inconsistencies & lack of accountability is affecting the quality and integrity of the sport itself, which in turn is losing the patience of the fans. Without the fans, there is no nrl.

Fans spend money to attend the sport they love. They don’t expect perfection, nor will they get it. But what we do expect is consistency with rules. Within the space of three days, the rules of a sin bin has changed every night, down to the discretion of the referee. This is unacceptable. Webby nailed it. It’s about the safety of the players & players aren’t punished for on field offences, then player safety (which as an employer of the players), the NRL is not upholding their duty of care.

I went to the game on Friday, and sat with yet another sold out crowd of 24000 people. NZ is doing it extremely tough economically, yet we’re selling out stadiums, buying merch, & paying for sky subscriptions.

All we’re asking for, is consistency & accountability of the referees. We don’t expect favours. We don’t want to be felt sorry for. All we want, is a fairly adjudicated sport where both teams are given the same opportunity to win the match, where the best team wins the game regardless of referee decisions. This is currently not happening.

For a sport that is producing record breaking profit margins, is expanding globally & bringing in new teams to support this growing viewership, this sub par standard of refereeing is now a glaring issue of the sport. Rugby union has this one up on the NRL, I cannot remember the last referring howler in the super rugby or Bunnings rugby competition.

NRL seriously need to sort their own backyard out & make the necessary changes. The reality is the sport will continue to lose fans at this rate, making the sport unsustainable.

rant over

Social media blowing up about all of this. To top things off, Murray sin binned last night for a shoulder to the head of frizzell.

This isn’t a conspiracy against the warriors, to be clear.

This is incompetence of the referees. The ref boss is stuck between a rock & a hard place. He is obligated to defend his employees, as any employer should (eg your workplace defending you), however he’s also obligated to uphold the integrity of the sport itself.

This recent uproar isn’t going Make people want to become a referee, and without refs we have no sport. However on the other hand, these inconsistencies & lack of accountability is affecting the quality and integrity of the sport itself, which in turn is losing the patience of the fans. Without the fans, there is no nrl.

Fans spend money to attend the sport they love. They don’t expect perfection, nor will they get it. But what we do expect is consistency with rules. Within the space of three days, the rules of a sin bin has changed every night, down to the discretion of the referee. This is unacceptable. Webby nailed it. It’s about the safety of the players & players aren’t punished for on field offences, then player safety (which as an employer of the players), the NRL is not upholding their duty of care.

I went to the game on Friday, and sat with yet another sold out crowd of 24000 people. NZ is doing it extremely tough economically, yet we’re selling out stadiums, buying merch, & paying for sky subscriptions.

All we’re asking for, is consistency & accountability of the referees. We don’t expect favours. We don’t want to be felt sorry for. All we want, is a fairly adjudicated sport where both teams are given the same opportunity to win the match, where the best team wins the game regardless of referee decisions. This is currently not happening.

For a sport that is producing record breaking profit margins, is expanding globally & bringing in new teams to support this growing viewership, this sub par standard of refereeing is now a glaring issue of the sport. Rugby union has this one up on the NRL, I cannot remember the last referring howler in the super rugby or Bunnings rugby competition.

NRL seriously need to sort their own backyard out & make the necessary changes. The reality is the sport will continue to lose fans at this rate, making the sport unsustainable.

rant over
If anyone has Annesley's, Abdo's or V'Landys email address could they please cut this post out and send it to them

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
See Kurt Mann is out the rest of the season with a fractured collarbone. Happened when Sifakula went right overtop of him. Feel like Sifakula really announced his arrival the other night
Big News - Sifakula 32 minutes 10 runs 118 metres. Cracked 100 metres for the first time in his fledgling career.
Have Ale or Bunty ever been over 100 metres this year in first grade?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back