• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 13/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
Marata drops a lot of ball but a lot of it is because of the way they use him with the crash ball and the shit passes he get like bullets and never in the bread basket, it's so poorly executed it's like we don't know how to pass. It shits me.
He ain't worth 850k even if he catches every one of them mind you.

NZWarriors.com
The good news about Marata is that in November next year he'll be allowed to be approached by other teams, so you would think he's going to go gangbusters next season while he's looking for a new contract/extension.

I'm a bit torn on Niukore - I love what he can do as a player and last year was great, but this yeah injury and changing between prop and edge didn't help him so he looked fairly average. Didn't earn his massive price tag this year so I'm hoping next year we see his full worth and he absolutely belts some fuckers
I feel like the club set him up to play in the front row and that couldn't happen because of injuries to himself and the rest of the team. Hopefully next season they revisit that idea. He, Barney and JFH with sifakula is one fucken scary prop rotation.

Marata drops a lot of ball but a lot of it is because of the way they use him with the crash ball and the shit passes he get like bullets and never in the bread basket, it's so poorly executed it's like we don't know how to pass. It shits me.
He ain't worth 850k even if he catches every one of them mind you.
He plays better as a starter than off the bench

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
That article makes Curran look like an arrogant, self entitled immature flog.

Still hungover 2 days after mad Monday

Didn’t take coaches feedback professionally

Instead of getting better instantly pulled the “I’m out of here card” because he knew he had options.

Proceeds to talk shit about the coach even when Webby is extending the olive branch.

Didn’t fight for his position in the team just throw a tantrum when we recruited Marata.

I was a big fan of Curran but that article makes me think we made the right decision. What a fucking cancer. Imagine him around our younger guys. That’s before we talk about the drinking, his weight, fighting teenagers and doing cocaine.
100% this. And then there’s the alleged punching a teenager, y’know - a kid…

All he did in that interview is show what sort of fella we let go, confirm it was the right decision given his unprofessional whine in this article and conveniently neglected to mention his off field issues.

Also neglects to talk about the poor conditioning he had that season which may well have been the root cause.

Curran over Marata?!? - Bwahhahahaha - yeah nah. An injured Marata all day thanks.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I would be very surprised if this happens, Webby loves him.
Yeah me too, if it's not Berry and if it's true, MGT or Pasikala. Can't see CNK or RTS going, possibly DWZ but really who is there that's ready to replace him (unless RTS goes to the wing which is just yuck).

So it’s not Ali, Taine or Big Ed…

I will riot if it is:
CNK
DWZ
RTS
Berry
Pompey

Will I still need to riot? 👀😂
(just need to keep doing this game till we find out haha)

I worry it's Dallin - I've always been sceptical of his one year contract extension. Off contract at the end of 2025 currently, I could see him making way and freeing up a bunch of cash for us.

Hope I'm wrong!

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back