• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 13/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
Wonder how much Curran shot himself in the foot? Found that line about being at a review hungover and wondering what was going on interesting. Remember his off field incident of being at club punching a kid and breaking his phone, admittedly the kid shouldn’t have been there by the sounds. Interesting that this type of figure was let go and a figure like Capewell recruited. Think a big part of this is the type of figure they want bringing this next lot through. Something I’ve noticed a bit from Jazz this year about hitting the piss after a game or two after deciding to lay off the previous year
I'm sure he wasn't the only one hungover that day 😉

NZWarriors.com
Oh my Rocco Berry, that’s pretty scathing. You should add this to the Webby thread too

On one hand he was awesome and the fact that he dropped out of favour so much was a sad to see- telling him we wouldn’t resign him instead of letting him try earn an extension is crazy too

On the other hand, is he not maybe proving that he was a fit here coming out like that? Idk, with the benefit of hindsight it is maddening that Craig Hodges went out and got Marata, at such a big wicket too.
He really looked good under Nathan Brown. Was about the only player that progressed

I always thought Curran would be ideal to take the 13 jersey when Tohu retired. That’s where he plays his best footy imo.
Everyone saying how well he is playing but I think he played for us the exact same way pre Webby.
It’s because our team has had a shit year and the Doggies are the Warriors of 2023 that this decision looks a lot worse.
Obviously something about Curran that Webby didn’t like/want.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account

[/HEADING]
[HEADING=3]MullosLefttoRight

Tony Herman​

Tohu Harris and Dylan Walker will both be gone by the end of 2025.

Warriors have plenty of young guns coming through but Leo will be a massively attractive prospect - meanwhile for Leo/Tyrone they possibly get to return home and have the NZ Captain who has been the best prop in the game for years mentoring them, with said bloke sharing quite a few similarities to Leo being a quiet Maori man himself

Knights fans beginning to see Warriors as a real prospect for Leo Thompson
I also believe Niukore is off-contract at the end of next season. With his current contract earning him 850k/year, I would assume the club would be in no rush to extend him, hoping for a much improved year in 2025.

I also believe Niukore is off-contract at the end of next season. With his current contract earning him 850k/year, I would assume the club would be in no rush to extend him, hoping for a much improved year in 2025.
At the end of 2026 he’s off contract

That article makes Curran look like an arrogant, self entitled immature flog.

Still hungover 2 days after mad Monday

Didn’t take coaches feedback professionally

Instead of getting better instantly pulled the “I’m out of here card” because he knew he had options.

Proceeds to talk shit about the coach even when Webby is extending the olive branch.

Didn’t fight for his position in the team just throw a tantrum when we recruited Marata.

I was a big fan of Curran but that article makes me think we made the right decision. What a fucking cancer. Imagine him around our younger guys. That’s before we talk about the drinking, his weight, fighting teenagers and doing cocaine.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
That article makes Curran look like an arrogant, self entitled immature flog.

Still hungover 2 days after mad Monday

Didn’t take coaches feedback professionally

Instead of getting better instantly pulled the “I’m out of here card” because he knew he had options.

Proceeds to talk shit about the coach even when Webby is extending the olive branch.

Didn’t fight for his position in the team just throw a tantrum when we recruited Marata.

I was a big fan of Curran but that article makes me think we made the right decision. What a fucking cancer. Imagine him around our younger guys. That’s before we talk about the drinking, his weight, fighting teenagers and doing cocaine.
1725516628424.jpeg
Not saying this describes Curran, but an interesting line all the same

Well that’s the same for all fringe nrl/ NSW cup players- people get chances due to injury etc every week- taine got one last week…. so what’s the point here?
My post u responded to said that I don’t think any other clubs would offer him a starting spot- do u disagree?
He’s got a chance to fight for a starting spot here next year- why the fark would he walk away from that to go play reserves somewhere else?
Idk what u guys r u guys worried about?
Do u think we need to promise Taine a starting spot or something?
It’s possible I misinterpreted the meaning of your original post.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
The good news about Marata is that in November next year he'll be allowed to be approached by other teams, so you would think he's going to go gangbusters next season while he's looking for a new contract/extension.

I'm a bit torn on Niukore - I love what he can do as a player and last year was great, but this yeah injury and changing between prop and edge didn't help him so he looked fairly average. Didn't earn his massive price tag this year so I'm hoping next year we see his full worth and he absolutely belts some fuckers

Some more learnings for webby. I would take Curran All day over Niukore right now.

All I see in that article is the reasons he would be let go. Be taking his words with a big grain of salt.

Don't understand the comments on Niukore 'subsequently being signed...' Marata was signed in November 2021. It was known he was coming for a looooong time.

Currans a good player but his off field antics cost him. That's not on the coach

Curran had a very slow start to his career, which he has admitted was due to his lack of professionalism. He missed tackles for fun, was overweight, and people wanted rid of him for the first couple of years. Then the penny seemed to drop, he limited his grog and the performances followed. The sniping between him and Shaun (friends off field), seemed to show he had a petulant side. His comments in this article are honest to some, but very immature to me. Especially about a year that he was facing criminal prosecution. It's weird because it stands in contrast to some of his other candid interviews about his time here.

I understand his frustration at coming off the bench, after being an Origin contender etc. But a team player is 1-17. People lay into Webby about the bench (ours has been shit all year), but last year it was fire. Curran, and the Bald Brothers coming on at 25-30 was more than most teams could handle and a big part of our success.

I like Curran as a player, he is fun to watch, but I don't feel too quick to lay this at Webby's feet if he is trying to build a professional, team-first culture of success. Yes, we would probably have been a better team with him on the field in 2024, but there are a lot of things to balance in these matters. We have forwards coming through, not promising him beyond 2024, probably wasn't stupid. He would have wanted an upgrade and our cap needs re-balancing a bit.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Doesnt seem to be a cancer at the Doggies. 😮‍💨. Seriously a lot of sand in vaginas about the Dogs on this forum. Would have though there would be more love for the underdogs...

Doesnt seem to be a cancer at the Doggies. 😮‍💨. Seriously a lot of sand in vaginas about the Dogs on this forum. Would have though there would be more love for the underdogs...

They certainly didn’t get underdog level calls against us our two meetings this year.

Also the same club that en masse, threw bottles at refs leaving the field, crowding away team families leaving the stadium..

Last edited:

Dogs are fine it’s their supporters the entire NrL fan base hates.

Curran is happy because he’s thriving. Wait till he faces some adversity again.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back