• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
Especially one without the pace of a winger.
RTS played round 5 vs Rabbitohs on the wing and scored a try and ran for 165 metres - Zero missed tackles
RTS played round 20 vs Raiders on the wing and scored a try and ran for 256 metres - one missed tackles

He will be an upgrade on Montoya at wing from a try scoring perspective and most importantly defensive perspective - look at those startlingly low missed tackle counts (small sample size notwithstanding)
He also in those games played cover defence and assisted the full back to clean up in goal grubbers

NZWarriors.com
In terms of getting our money's worth of $650K out of RTS i if I were master of the universe would play CNK at centre and have TT at fullback with RTS back up full back That way for our $650K we get 8-10 games of him at full back next year.

Knowing Webby if he does go with that combo, once Taine goes down he will probably play CNK at FB, Roger at centre and Kosi on the wing 😂😂

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Knowing Webby if he does go with that combo, once Taine goes down he will probably play CNK at FB, Roger at centre and Kosi on the wing 😂😂
Webster could get away with not breaking his promise to CNK on a technicality and shift him to centre for Tuaupiki rather than RTS, and have RTS wing. Like it or not, to persist with Tuaupiki at fullback comes with risks being that of his small stature. It’s a risk I think worth it though with the threat Tuaupiki possesses. Having a great fullback on the wing, and another at centre means we can cover it in game if Tuaupiki goes down

For those who like economics there is a $150K freight costs approx to factor in. So the cost of having Roger on wing is actually $800K ($650K plus $150K to dispose of Montoya)
But wait for a full economic analysis we need to see who we bring into the top thirty to replace Marcelo.

Reactions: kos
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Whoever replaced Lodge would have cost well over a million following the same theory
Don't even remind us off that dark night. I got banned for three weeks by the mods because I was so upset with the situation that I couldn't keep calm and I went off the deep end. I went out of control with rage. The ban was a good thing as it allowed me to calm down. But to this day that is a sore spot for many of us.

Don't even remind us off that dark night. I got banned for three weeks by the mods because I was so upset with the situation that I couldn't keep calm and I went off the deep end. I went out of control with rage. The ban was a good thing as it allowed me to calm down. But to this day that is a sore spot for many of us.
I’m sorry to bring it up. I hope everyone’s safe in your household

Everyone bangs on about Tuaupiki’s size. Tedesco, Fuller, Gray at Souths, Kini, not exactly giants. Plus side for TT best goal kicker left at the club by a long way.

Some question his impact in 1st grade. Sure he has won more than he lost, 2 of those losses he went off for the game with a HIA early.

P.S. I am not his manager but if your need one Taine, pick up the phone cuz🤪

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Why are the tigers so bad at recruitment

Truth Bomb #1) Cory Horsborough is out of form in 2024 and while he is only 27 next year Father time is impacting his motivation. He did not even look like a journeyman this season.
Truth Bomb #2) Jack Bird best days are behind him as well and he turns 30 in March
Truth Bomb #3) Marcelo is a good depth signing. But do you really want him as a depth player. Don't you have youth coming through.

The best player of the bunch all things considered is Marcelo and he is not going to carve up. Why are the tigers spinning their wheels on these three deals. Their whole problem the last 5 years has been recruitment.
Probably cause their youth is leaving cause they don't want to stick with a club that has shown 0 improvement over the last 3 years.

And why exactly would we pay 150k for him since he seemingly asked for a release to gain additional contract length rather than us trying to get rid of him? Where did you even get that figure from?
From statements other people made in this thread. And then me making a guesstimate after reading those comments.

Everyone bangs on about Tuaupiki’s size. Tedesco, Fuller, Gray at Souths, Kini, not exactly giants. Plus side for TT best goal kicker left at the club by a long way.

Some question his impact in 1st grade. Sure he has won more than he lost, 2 of those losses he went off for the game with a HIA early.

P.S. I am not his manager but if your need one Taine, pick up the phone cuz🤪

Reece Walsh and the Dolphins fb today - Trai Fuller can be added to the small fb list

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Hi tajhay tajhay can we maybe retire this thread now and all move to the next one. Basically discussing the same recruiting topics in both???????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back