• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 13/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Anyone got any idea about Israel Leota and Sam Tuivati?

Leota's 19y/o, played a bit with Souths Logan in the Q Cup the past couple of years, 7 Tries in 10 Games on the wing but played centre last year for the Maroons U19 team. Bit of noise he would debut around Origin time this year.

Tuivati's 19y/o too, mostly playing with the Eels Jersey Flegg but won the SG Ball cup and played a NSW Cup game last year. Played prop for the Blues U19 team this year. With the Eels cleaning house, prob not likely.

Both are free to sign elsewhere from Nov 1 (and were both apparently born in NZ).

Anyone got any idea about Israel Leota and Sam Tuivati?

Leota's 19y/o, played a bit with Souths Logan in the Q Cup the past couple of years, 7 Tries in 10 Games on the wing but played centre last year for the Maroons U19 team. Bit of noise he would debut around Origin time this year.

Tuivati's 19y/o too, mostly playing with the Eels Jersey Flegg but won the SG Ball cup and played a NSW Cup game last year. Played prop for the Blues U19 team this year. With the Eels cleaning house, prob not likely.

Both are free to sign elsewhere from Nov 1 (and were both apparently born in NZ).
Pretty big unit Tuivaiti at 191cm and 118kg at 19 years old. Here’s what he’s done in the past season or two. Leota not small either as a centre/winger at 190cm and 101kg

Biography:
- One of three returning from winning 2023 U19s side (alongside Chevy Stewart, Jermaine McEwen)
- 13 games Jersey Flegg Cup (U21s) so far in 2024
- Made NSW Cup debut 2023, while also playing SG Ball (U19s) and Jersey Flegg (U21s)
- NSW City U18s 2023
- Australian Schoolboys 2022

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Yes, and for the majority of the fullbacks I mentioned, their opportunity to be a first grade fullback was limited to a very small number of clubs as well. If I recall correctly, Pappy only got an opportunity because of injuries at the Storm, might have even been Drinkwater who was going to get a shot. Then Pappy cemented his place & Drinkwater had to go elsewhere.
Well that’s the same for all fringe nrl/ NSW cup players- people get chances due to injury etc every week- taine got one last week…. so what’s the point here?
My post u responded to said that I don’t think any other clubs would offer him a starting spot- do u disagree?
He’s got a chance to fight for a starting spot here next year- why the fark would he walk away from that to go play reserves somewhere else?
Idk what u guys r u guys worried about?
Do u think we need to promise Taine a starting spot or something?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

Pretty direct comments from Curran here
Well look at how Webster users his bench. Fuck all. We could see a few more players become restless and get itchy feet.

Can we swap Curran back and give them Nuikore?

MullosLefttoRight

Tony Herman​

I don’t see how they’re already stacked with middles. I think he’s more likely he ends up in Penrith or the dragons
Tohu Harris and Dylan Walker will both be gone by the end of 2025.

Warriors have plenty of young guns coming through but Leo will be a massively attractive prospect - meanwhile for Leo/Tyrone they possibly get to return home and have the NZ Captain who has been the best prop in the game for years mentoring them, with said bloke sharing quite a few similarities to Leo being a quiet Maori man himself

Knights fans beginning to see Warriors as a real prospect for Leo Thompson

Some more learnings for webby. I would take Curran All day over Niukore right now.
Wonder how much Curran shot himself in the foot? Found that line about being at a review hungover and wondering what was going on interesting. Remember his off field incident of being at club punching a kid and breaking his phone, admittedly the kid shouldn’t have been there by the sounds. Interesting that this type of figure was let go and a figure like Capewell recruited. Think a big part of this is the type of figure they want bringing this next lot through. Something I’ve noticed a bit from Jazz this year about hitting the piss after a game or two after deciding to lay off the previous year

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Wonder how much Curran shot himself in the foot? Found that line about being at a review hungover and wondering what was going on interesting. Remember his off field incident of being at club punching a kid and breaking his phone, admittedly the kid shouldn’t have been there by the sounds. Interesting that this type of figure was let go and a figure like Capewell recruited. Think a big part of this is the type of figure they want bringing this next lot through. Something I’ve noticed a bit from Jazz this year about hitting the piss after a game or two after deciding to lay off the previous year
My exact thoughts as well.

Pretty direct comments from Curran here

Oh my Rocco Berry, that’s pretty scathing. You should add this to the Webby thread too

On one hand he was awesome and the fact that he dropped out of favour so much was a sad to see- telling him we wouldn’t resign him instead of letting him try earn an extension is crazy too

On the other hand, is he not maybe proving that he wasnt a fit here coming out like this? Idk, with the benefit of hindsight it is maddening that Craig Hodges went out and got Marata, at such a big wicket too.

Well look at how Webster users his bench. Fuck all. We could see a few more players become restless and get itchy feet.

Can we swap Curran back and give them Nuikore?
He’s stated on there that he wanted to stay, it looks like it was the clubs decision to let him go. I’ve been a bit disappointed with Niukore too but wonder if he’s got things going on off the field with his wife’s health problems?

Yeah it could have been his attitude. And maybe he is just sour because he actually loved living in NZ. He's a good footy player when he's on though.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back