• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 13/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Yeah me too, if it's not Berry and if it's true, MGT or Pasikala. Can't see CNK or RTS going, possibly DWZ but really who is there that's ready to replace him (unless RTS goes to the wing which is just yuck).

We just re-signed and upgraded Pasikala so not him. MGT isn't even in our top 30 is he?

If I had to guess right now I would say Pompey or DWZ, but iirc Berry is on decent coin so I wouldn't rule it out.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
KNIGHTS MOVE TO KEEP KIWI

Newcastle have taken the first significant step towards keeping prop Leo Thompson out of the clutches of their rivals after tabling an upgrade and two-year extension to the New Zealand international.

Thompson, off contract at the end of next season, is on a miserly deal given he has become a fixture in the Knights side and a Test player for the Kiwis.

It is understood he is on less than $300,000 this season and around $350,000 in 2025, well below market value for a player with his resume and reputation.

The Knights have made it one of their priorities to negotiate a deal but it won’t be easy - Thompson is believed to be leaning towards testing the open market and a host of clubs are clambering to make a bid for the 24-year-old.

Newcastle have a battle on their hands but Knights recruitment boss Peter O’Sullivan has fired the first salvo in the fight for Thompson after offering a deal to the Kiwi International and his manager Daniel O’Loughlin.

“We put something to Leo,” O’Sullivan said.

“I have had two good meetings with Leo and Daniel, clearly told them where I think the club is heading and they have been really receptive.

“Leo is entitled to wait. If he wants to test the market or see what his value is, that is his right. That never worries me or scares me.

“We will have a figure for Leo moving forward that is sustainable and within our grasp of financial responsibility.”

O’Sullivan sees Thompson as a key part of the club heading forward, particularly with the prospect that Daniel Saifiti may be on the move at the end of the season after being granted permission to test the market.

However, he knows that Thompson will have the final say.

“We want him to stay but it is an open market,” O’Sullivan said.

“I never get too worried about someone who leaves or someone you don’t sign, it its more about someone you shouldn’t sign in the scheme of things.”

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Shit that would hurt, especially with Eli Katoa looking like he’ll pick up dally m back rower of the year. Interesting seeing Christian Welch not playing last night, apparently a storm forward will be joining the broncos next year and it sounds as though it’s Welch
He might get suspended, that hit on sailor didn't look good

KNIGHTS MOVE TO KEEP KIWI

“We want him to stay but it is an open market,” O’Sullivan said.

“I never get too worried about someone who leaves or someone you don’t sign, it its more about someone you shouldn’t sign in the scheme of things.”

"Now excuse me while I go sign my son and son-in-law to fat contracts," Sullivan continued before skipping out the door.

What an overrated rube.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

Panthers nsw cup back rower available after slapping Cleary

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Can recall Curran on Monty Bethams once a warrior recently and he once again said it was homesickness that he went back. Wonder why he wouldn’t bring this up on that show?
Uhhh probably cos anyone with any remote connection to the club never criticises the club. When have you ever seen anyone with access say anything that would may hurt someone's feelings?

Must be a good player if he hasn't already been sacked.

Uhhh probably cos anyone with any remote connection to the club never criticises the club. When have you ever seen anyone with access say anything that would may hurt someone's feelings?
Uhhh have you read the article? Certainly has criticisms in that. He was on once a warrior this season, so was already gone

No thanks. Guy had disagreements regarding tactics, playing time, and communication. Guy is 23 and played 1 FG game whereas Cleary has over 200 FG games and coached over 400. Seems like a princesses if he thinks he knows tactics better than Cleary.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back