NRL Dally M Awards 2024

Was SJ Robbed in 2023?

• Yes

Votes: 29 74.4%
  • Also yes

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters
To add on I wish 1 of the players take the NRL to court. The officiating has been embarrassing as a professional sport in the last few rounds.

Absolute farce.

So when we beat Knights, Ponga is determined the best player on the field and gets 4 points.
When we beat the Raiders, they get a quarter of the Daly M points, but then when we play amazing against the Storm and are pipped at the post, we receive nothing?

That will do me.
He does one 50 metre run and is best on field lol. I wonder how coach of the year is picked?

Screenshot_20240402_091620_Facebook.jpg

Absolute farce.

So when we beat Knights, Ponga is determined the best player on the field and gets 4 points.
When we beat the Raiders, they get a quarter of the Daly M points, but then when we play amazing against the Storm and are pipped at the post, we receive nothing?

That will do me.
Yep I’m done with following Daily M. Its become a pointless award, just a popularity contest now.

As for who was best on ground in our game, my initial reaction to Ponga picking up the votes was wtf. However on reflection I think he probably was the most dangerous player - without him the Knights were very average.
He may have looked like the most dangerous player but he had relatively little impact on the game

It will be interesting to look back at the end of the season and see how many times the highest point scorer in a game comes from the losing team

He may have looked like the most dangerous player but he had relatively little impact on the game

It will be interesting to look back at the end of the season and see how many times the highest point scorer in a game comes from the losing team

So far out of the 32 games that's been played, 30 of them the top points have gone to a winning team.

Cowboys v Knights went to golden point and while the Knights lost, Adam Elliot received top points. To me, that's reasonable as after 80 both teams were even, so it's reasonable to give it to the guy who looked the most impressive.

I'm guessing theres only going to be a handful of these kinda games. I bet you we get at least one more haha

Disagree, try assists, line breaks, he was excellent behind a bloody ordinary team - their middles were woeful & halves are barely first grade standard. Do I think he deserved the most Dally M points? No, I’d like to have seen Jackson Ford get the most, however he picked up none. No doubt the system is rooted & full of bias, however Ponga was bloody good.

A few questions I have as I am not across the current system.

Are the judges at the ground?
Are the judges for each game known?

These are more in relation to the Warriors vs Knights game and are kind of linked. The comments in the article were around judges having links to Queensland. Did Aussie media fly across for the game. To be honest I doubt it.

If you watch a game on television you see a different perspective to at the ground. At the ground the two fullbacks for example you'd see the ground they cover and how they are organising the defence. Same thing with the guys in the other positions. You can see them plugging gaps in the defence or support runs. I know these are not the glamorous Dally M point scoring plays but they add up and are examples.

Years ago I am pretty sure we had Halligan commentating and also doing the Dally M points. He used to often give it to the opposition.

A few questions I have as I am not across the current system.

Are the judges at the ground?
Are the judges for each game known?

These are more in relation to the Warriors vs Knights game and are kind of linked. The comments in the article were around judges having links to Queensland. Did Aussie media fly across for the game. To be honest I doubt it.

If you watch a game on television you see a different perspective to at the ground. At the ground the two fullbacks for example you'd see the ground they cover and how they are organising the defence. Same thing with the guys in the other positions. You can see them plugging gaps in the defence or support runs. I know these are not the glamorous Dally M point scoring plays but they add up and are examples.

Years ago I am pretty sure we had Halligan commentating and also doing the Dally M points. He used to often give it to the opposition.
as far as i know, the judges are just two ex players who are to remain secret.
i’m sure it was on NRL360 or something.

Dally M votes: Shaun Johnson 6, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 4, Wayde Egan 1, Addin Fonua-Blake 1.

Everyone talking about Egan's performance but not these clowns

Dally M leaderboard after Round 5​

17 points
Kalyn Ponga (Knights)

12 points
Dylan Edwards (Panthers)
Nicho Hynes (Sharks)
Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (Dolphins)
Tom Trbojevic (Sea Eagles)

11 points
James Tedesco (Roosters)
Scott Drinkwater (Cowboys)