NRL Grand Final Discussion 2024 | Melbourne vs Penrith

Who do you think will win the prem?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
It was funny as watching with my Melbourne storm neighbour.
He kept complaining about the the panthers slowing the ruck and blowing up when the storm were penalized - I’m like- bro u ain’t playing the warriors now- the refs not gonna let Harry grant tell him what to do all game 🤷‍♂️
The funny thing is most storm supporters I know think their side gets continually picked on thanks to the ‘Sydney bias’ and can’t see the free ride they get

NZWarriors.com
What’s peoples thoughts on the bench use from Penrith? One not used and one for only 29 minutes, despite losing To’o to injury.
It’s a constant criticism of Webster but the formula was pretty similar from both sides
Both Melbourne and the Penrith have a pretty solid forward bench rotation, you can pretty much set your watch to them.
My main gripe (for us), have been the games where we've been under duress, have had guys who are clearly fatigued, busted or falling off tackles. We were blessed to have had 2 absolute gas monsters in AFB and Mitch out there, but even Mitch was looking burnt out near the end.

Both Melbourne and the Penrith have a pretty solid forward bench rotation, you can pretty much set your watch to them.
My main gripe (for us), have been the games where we've been under duress, have had guys who are clearly fatigued, busted or falling off tackles. We were blessed to have had 2 absolute gas monsters in AFB and Mitch out there, but even Mitch was looking burnt out near the end.
Yeah I also think as much as we never want to use it as an excuse the travel will always be a factor as well. Having 7 days to recover properly vs 4 or 5 is going to add up during a season

We were blessed to have had 2 absolute gas monsters in AFB and Mitch out there, but even Mitch was looking burnt out near the end.

Gus Gould was telling a story about JFH last night. Apparently, after the 2020 gf loss, he was in the gym two days after and had convinced the core of the team to follow suit.

I hope he has that effect here. Not that he'll be in the gym in two days time, but that he drags our players in with him and his insane work ethic.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
bit odd for for kiwi players to be adjudicated by a Aussie jury. NAS 5 weeks for being too tall right before internationals when he gets away with way worse during regular season. Munster not enough prove when it’s identical to another incident earlier in the year because internationals.

Nz should push for a seperate panel or not have internationals included as a part of nrl ruling.

Won’t happen though because I’ve never seen (except for Pascoe) ever seen the kiwis or warriors raise a squeak to the nrl.
What happens in club land should only be punished in club land, likewise (obviously less games missed) but what happens in rep games should only be punished in rep games. Eg why should the kiwis be punished for something that happens representing the storm while the storm lose their player for less games thanks to the kiwis copping the punishment. Vice versa why should a club have a player missing games due to their actions on the rep stage

View attachment 9786
I agree regarding Alamoti forcing his arm around Munchster’s mouth, but I thought Crichton did the same thing with his nose like how players try to push their head into the opponent’s faces in a dominant tackle
I agree. With the number of cameras around there is no way Flanagan would deliberately do that. I actually think it had quite a big impact in derailing the Dragons run to finish in the top 8 as he had been a consistent selection for them in the halves all season.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Back