• Over the next day some images may not display. This is due to a upgrade in progress. It will correct itself. Sorry for the inconvenience.

NRL NRL 2024 FINALS WEEK 3

Annesley: Stop complaining about the refs.

Also Annesley: But yeah, the bunker got the obstruction call wrong.

What I take away from that is that the refs don't know the rules to this game.

Context: https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/09/30/officials-have-to-make-decisions-annesley-concedes-bunker-error/
That blurb by Annesley doesn't give any confidence in the reffing procedure overall. Just put a ref on the field & let him run the game. There is too much interference from the chump in the bunker & the awkward explanation/ apologies from Annesley are just embarrassing.
🤔 Oh but that would mean the "selected" winners may just lose & I forgot about the betting income.

NZWarriors.com
That blurb by Annesley doesn't give any confidence in the reffing procedure overall.

Personally I'd wonder if the enforcement procedure is too muddy. I.e. the refs are being told; police it, but not too much.

There is too much interference from the chump in the bunker

Kinda? The problem with that particular call was that it was pretty clear to everyone, bar the bunker. I wonder why this is?.

Kinda feels like when people screw up at work and start a bit of a death spiral, causing them to screw up more.

If I were the NRL, I'd be looking at the systems they go through when making decisions. I get the feeling that there's some bureaucratic checklisty shit going on.

Personally I'd wonder if the enforcement procedure is too muddy. I.e. the refs are being told; police it, but not too much.

Kinda? The problem with that particular call was that it was pretty clear to everyone, bar the bunker. I wonder why this is?.

Kinda feels like when people screw up at work and start a bit of a death spiral, causing them to screw up more.

If I were the NRL, I'd be looking at the systems they go through when making decisions. I get the feeling that there's some bureaucratic checklisty shit going on.
Also very odd they're instructed to put the whistle away for finals and ignore every minor penalty blown all season. It's like a different game.

Back