NRL Grand Final Discussion 2024 | Melbourne vs Penrith

Who do you think will win the prem?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
The worst part of that GF, was the realisation that we’re not even close to that good……. We’re years away.
We can pick up a game here and there, but when it’s all on the line. That would absolutely destroy us.

Jahrome Hughes had a quiet game. Although Munster was just being a fricken ball hog. Did I see Hughes limping at the end? I bloody hope not.

Melbourne looked stuffed but still hung in there, quite remarkable really.
I don’t know if NAS would’ve been a good or bad guy to have in that game. If he starts (which he probably would) I’d say bad. But off the bench he may have been able to turn it for Melbourne. Although he may have gotten Melbourne on top early had he started. Hard to say

Well done Penrith, truly outstanding.
I’m sick of these 2 clubs though lol

NZWarriors.com
Not sure if Ivan gets enough wraps as a tactically minded strategic coach but the tactics they employed in that game was a master stroke.

Constantly turning players back on the inside, long balls across the ruck, offloading and keeping the ball in play for long periods just worked over those Storm middles.....they couldnt rest either side of the ruck cause Penrith would come back the other way......absolutely fatigued them to the point they had no energy and could only do one out hit ups when they got possesion......and that dangerous Storm spine couldnt combine.....couldnt even throw up any shape at all really.

The scoreline may have not been a blowout (or tho any other team probably gets done by 30 i reckon)....but that was Penriths game easily i reckon.

Not sure if Ivan gets enough wraps as a tactically minded strategic coach but the tactics they employed in that game was a master stroke.

Constantly turning players back on the inside, long balls across the ruck, offloading and keeping the ball in play for long periods just worked over those Storm middles.....they couldnt rest either side of the ruck cause Penrith would come back the other way......absolutely fatigued them to the point they had no energy and could only do one out hit ups when they got possesion......and that dangerous Storm spine couldnt combine.....couldnt even throw up any shape at all really.

The scoreline may have not been a blowout (or tho any other team probably gets done by 30 i reckon)....but that was Penriths game easily i reckon.
Agreed on Ivan and we are light years behind both these teams.
Going to take a huge turnaround for us to be in the reckoning next year.
Unfortunately

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Why would you appoint Atkins as the bunker official when he came through the Panthers referering ranks

Not a good look whem one considers the decison on the Howard no-try

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I will politely disagree sir.

Flannos always looked like a bite to me whereas Alomati did seen to really shove his arm in to Munsters mouth.

But that's just first glance I haven't gone back to check it
1728256977956.jpeg
I agree regarding Alamoti forcing his arm around Munchster’s mouth, but I thought Crichton did the same thing with his nose like how players try to push their head into the opponent’s faces in a dominant tackle

Very interesting situation now created around the call not to punish Munster. On one hand there’s the implications around the upcoming internationals with NAS ruled out 5 games and Munster now free to play. Obviously NAS has a track record, so that’s potentially played a part in this decision? On the other hand now there’s a bit of a double standard happening here in my view between the two incidents involving Munster and Flanagan. Can recall Rothfield at the time having a view that Crichton pushed his nose into Flanagan’s mouth to which I agreed. Not sure whether Flanagan bit down or the force, but a complaint was lodged and then withdrawn I think? Flanagan all the time denied the allegations. Now Munster’s situation seems to have a similar look to me. Obviously of Alamoti forcing his arm around Munster’s mouth, similarly to Crichton and his nose. Perhaps the force again has caused Munster to give Alamoti the impression that a bite is happening? It seems that either Muster’s denial means more than Flanagan’s to the nrl? Or Crichton’s word means more than Alamoti’s? Or they are completely different?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
bit odd for for kiwi players to be adjudicated by a Aussie jury. NAS 5 weeks for being too tall right before internationals when he gets away with way worse during regular season. Munster not enough prove when it’s identical to another incident earlier in the year because internationals.

Nz should push for a seperate panel or not have internationals included as a part of nrl ruling.

Won’t happen though because I’ve never seen (except for Pascoe) ever seen the kiwis or warriors raise a squeak to the nrl.

bit odd for for kiwi players to be adjudicated by a Aussie jury. NAS 5 weeks for being too tall right before internationals when he gets away with way worse during regular season. Munster not enough prove when it’s identical to another incident earlier in the year because internationals.

Nz should push for a seperate panel or not have internationals included as a part of nrl ruling.

Won’t happen though because I’ve never seen (except for Pascoe) ever seen the kiwis or warriors raise a squeak to the nrl.

Every year we complain
Their game
They make the rules
Need more kiwis at the top of their food chain
🤷🏻‍♂️

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I’ll go back to my original argument
The only way to eliminate human bias is to use AI..

I’m serious here
AI can now look at photos and interpret their meaning by comparing it to other similar photos/frames.
No reason why it can’t do the same for similar frames like last night and compare it to similar photos in the past to conclude a fair and reasonable punishment consistent with past decisions. That’s essentially what we’re all asking the refs to do anyway. Ie being consistent

Yeah agreed. We can play that first 20 minutes in the Panthers style but then experience a big drop off. The whole backline needs to be punching out big metres for it to be effective. Hopefully with Halasima and Sifakula developing there is a fair bit more punch next year
I think you missed the happy juice the Panthers drank in the second half.
Sure lifted their game.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back