• Over the next day some images may not display. This is due to a upgrade in progress. It will correct itself. Sorry for the inconvenience.

NRL Dally M Awards 2024

Was SJ Robbed in 2023?

• Yes

Votes: 45 76.3%
  • Also yes

Votes: 14 23.7%

• Total voters
NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
This is why im nervous to lose any of our current crop of youngsters..

I supported the decision at the time and thought it was unlikely that Katoa would kick on to the top echelon. How wrong.

The big question really is whether he would be the same player he is now if he stayed.... All in all Katoa leaving is probably the only real negative of the covid years, since the club coffers and depth have rebounded to a level most would not have expected.

All that being said, I don't see any of our current crop of forwards getting to the point of where Katoa got to. Other than shipping Taukieaho to the Roosters (after one game on the wing :unsure:) we don't usually lose home grown talent we want to keep.

I doubt he would have played that well here.

Clubs like the Storm have a seriously impressive way of bringing out the best in players.
I saw a very interesting interview with Bellamy last night on Face to Face.
Very fussy about the type of player & staff they let into their systems.
He said mental toughness & family orientated ideals were a paramount factor .Or words to that effect.
More important than techniques.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Have you never seen Samoans, Tongans, Pakeha doing the Haka while playing for the Ab's or Kiwis ? Pretty sure alot of them are full Tongan , Samoan or Pakeha too! Lol
But he's from Tonga, I think that's his point

Very fussy about the type of player & staff they let into their systems.
He said mental toughness & family orientated ideals were a paramount factor .Or words to that effect.
So no childless cat ladies then on staff:LOL:

Back