General NSW Cup 2024

Other teams pick 18 year olds and most of them handle it well. I'm not fazed by him getting a shot at such a young age.
Who specifically? I agree with you, but most 18 year olds that get picked are extremely good for their age and have extensive time in the lower grades. And most still struggle.
Pasikala is neither of those.

I am not buying any up an

I am not keen on buying any up and coming forwards like Siua Wong or Naufahu Whyte because we have so much quality coming through.
Agree regarding Wong but I think Whyte has strung together plenty of first grade games now and really looking comfortable, same with Xavier Willison. I can’t disagree completely with you though and probably lean towards it

I am not buying any up an

I am not keen on buying any up and coming forwards like Siua Wong or Naufahu Whyte because we have so much quality coming through.
I wouldn't buy another backrower that's for sure. I'd entertain the thought of another bigger body at prop though. Willison is my first choice. Naufahu Whyte is a young beast. Possibly Royce Hunt for impact off the bench. Our backrow stocks are incredible tho.

Sifakula could end up as a prop. That kid looked enormous yesterday lol.

Sifakula massively exciting, but seeing Halasima as closer to a debut at the moment. Crazy to think how much he has to grow. 135 running metres for Halasima and 34 tackles and 1 miss for Laban. Both played 80 minutes

I assume by debut you mean recall, because Sifakula has 3 FG games, and was well and truly part of the main squad in 2023 before injury.

Who specifically? I agree with you, but most 18 year olds that get picked are extremely good for their age and have extensive time in the lower grades. And most still struggle.
Pasikala is neither of those.
I will disagree lol. Pasikala is extremely good for his age too. Saying he is neither good for his age ? He damn well is. Yes, Very little tlme in 💙 Mighty NSW Cup. He plays with a calmness that belies his age. Has strength in spades, good positional awareness & great scoring ability. And still to fill out that already impressive frame. He may not get a game this year. But i'd be excited if he did.

I will disagree lol. Pasikala is extremely good for his age too. Saying he is neither good for his age ? He damn well is. Yes, Very little tlme in 💙 Mighty NSW Cup. He plays with a calmness that belies his age. Has strength in spades, good positional awareness & great scoring ability. And still to fill out that already impressive frame. He may not get a game this year. But i'd be excited if he did.
Extremely good is a stretch, extremely good at that age is like Reece Walsh or Nathan Cleary who dominated the junior grades. Pasikala has not done that (nor had the opportunity to, to be fair).
I am very excited for him in the future but he is well off first grade and it is unfair to him to jump the gun and think he is ready right now.

Extremely good is a stretch, extremely good at that age is like Reece Walsh or Nathan Cleary who dominated the junior grades. Pasikala has not done that (nor had the opportunity to, to be fair).
I am very excited for him in the future but he is well off first grade and it is unfair to him to jump the gun and think he is ready right now.
Have you opened your eyes and watched this kid in 💙 Mighty NSW Cup and Flegg?? He stands out in Flegg(Hence why he was promoted) And is outstanding for his age in Cup. You just want to argue for the sake of it? L.ol.

Anyway, End of. We're stinking up the forum. Peace bro.

Reactions: j_p
Have you opened your eyes and watched this kid in 💙 Mighty NSW Cup and Flegg?? He stands out in Flegg(Hence why he was promoted) And is outstanding for his age in Cup. You just want to argue for the sake of it? L.ol.

Anyway, End of. We're stinking up the forum. Peace bro.
Yes I have or else I would not be debating it. He is very good, I did not disagree with that. But saying he is ready for first grade over incumbent and well seasoned wingers is where I disagreed.
I didn't consider this arguing, I thought we were having a calm discussion about players. Each to their own.

I assume by debut you mean recall, because Sifakula has 3 FG games, and was well and truly part of the main squad in 2023 before injury.
Man I panicked when he went down with injury and think I’d let him ease back. His minutes are gradually increasing and he started this week after coming off the bench previously in his comeback. Obviously seen as a middle forward judging his start this weekend, crazy to think of the attitude he and Zyon Maiu’u will bring

Agree regarding Wong but I think Whyte has strung together plenty of first grade games now and really looking comfortable, same with Xavier Willison. I can’t disagree completely with you though and probably lean towards it
Sounds like you guys are talking about players in a Chinese backed expansion team

Wong is better than Whyte

You are joking aren't you? Whyte is more than twice as good as Wong

Are you saying two Wongs don't make a Whyte?

Last edited:
Pasikala is 18 years old, played SG Ball this season and has played 5 games of 💙 Mighty NSW Cup. He'll get his chance in a few years but choosing him due to scoring 2 tries against a bottom of the table team is why I laughed. He has a lot to work on especially defensively, which will hopefully come, he's still young, but is a long way off first grade.

I prefer combining both, statistics help to reinforce the eye test imo but each to their own.

Also, I presented you with current stats for both players from this season?
Agree with you on Pasikala.

Have to laugh at the reporter trying to Interview Pasikala who cannot speak English with any fluency and has trouble with understanding spoken English.

Rather than be smart and change her script, she went on with scripted lines using words that he would have zero chance of computing.

I look forward to the day an enlightened NRL gets native speakers to interview these kids so we can hear how smart they are speaking in a language they bloody speak.

Hey I don't have a problem with listening to a Native speaking translator chop in and out of Tongan or whatever language so I can hear these people in their own thoughts, I would rather that than see them embarrassed by ignorant media.

Fuck me they would have a French translator there like nothing eh if a Catalan Dragon became an NRL super Star.....
Might be being a lil precious there Sup. How many foreign countries do you go to work and expect them to change to speak your native tongue?
If these guys really aren’t confident in English (being interviewed to a majority English speaking tv audience) is there anything stopping them from having a team mate help translate? I’ve seen this plenty in sports.
Doubt they’d need a translator for a Catalans player as A; most of them aren’t French and B; most French people are pretty fluent or at least have basic English- the same as most from the UK have compulsory French in school and at least have a basic level. Have heard English players on French broadcasts being interviewed in French.
Do feel sorry some of these guys been thrown to the wolves a bit if they’re not confident but again I’m sure there’s plenty of team mates that can help translate

Anyone heading up today?

I was hoping to see the Jersey Flegg at 10am as I've seen there were players in gear before the other games I went to. Probably a bit tight timewise to do that as I want to get some work around the house first and do some exercise.

It is quite good with the games at 12pm. Get to start and finish during the day time, something the NRL side can't really do for home games with the time zone. Our 4pm games end up as twilight/night games. Also the games I've seen have been a pretty high quality which is promising for the clubs future.