General NSW Cup 2024

When Bunty plays this year he has a 5:4 record meanwhile Tohu plays it’s 4:7

It just happens that when we went on a huge run last year and the revival this year, he was there, or Ale who’s probably doing his job and this year, neither are in the FG team due to hierarchy. Webby is just not quite getting the mix right, maybe he needs a senior manager or CEO to come in and have that talk for him…

I love Bunty too. But can look at his play objectively instead of laughing when presented with statistics 😉
I mean, You laughed when i said i would prefer Pasikala over our current wingers. Got on my nerves lol. Plus, Stats don't mean shit to me. Prefer the eye test. And current stats. Not 5 years ago.

I wish we knew more. But now I'm in the dark like everyone else.
Got me wondering about this, and whether we could have been one of the teams to enquire about Siua Wong too if they’re willing to release one or the other? Played predominantly in second row, but recently has played front row, lock and centre too as well as being 6 foot 2 and 107kg. Interesting seeing that Angus Chrichton is demanding the deal that roosters offered Fifita, even a Ute involved in the deal apparently, but also roosters are in a predicament. They’ve shopped Tupouniua recently who’s signed until 2027 and were tipped to have to chip in. Don’t think they had much interest but now they’ve got the Brandon Smith situation and even though having plenty in their cap, won’t want to be chipping in for 2 players? Whyte and Wong signed until 2026 (not a Winston peters joke) so could be interesting. Again, sorry wrong thread to the powers that be

I mean, You laughed when i said i would prefer Pasikala over our current wingers. Got on my nerves lol. Plus, Stats don't mean shit to me. Prefer the eye test. And current stats. Not 5 years ago.
Pasikala is 18 years old, played SG Ball this season and has played 5 games of 💙 Mighty NSW Cup. He'll get his chance in a few years but choosing him due to scoring 2 tries against a bottom of the table team is why I laughed. He has a lot to work on especially defensively, which will hopefully come, he's still young, but is a long way off first grade.

I prefer combining both, statistics help to reinforce the eye test imo but each to their own.

Also, I presented you with current stats for both players from this season?

Man I hope it doesn’t take another 4 losses straight for them to get back into the team
Laban has been there but think a debut brings massive energy to the team too, like Zyon Maiu’u. Thought it was noticeable when he came on. Halasima is full of confidence and put out good numbers consistently since his return from injury, apart from a silly suspension on his part. He must be getting close

I am not buying any up an
Got me wondering about this, and whether we could have been one of the teams to enquire about Siua Wong too if they’re willing to release one or the other? Played predominantly in second row, but recently has played front row, lock and centre too as well as being 6 foot 2 and 107kg. Interesting seeing that Angus Chrichton is demanding the deal that roosters offered Fifita, even a Ute involved in the deal apparently, but also roosters are in a predicament. They’ve shopped Tupouniua recently who’s signed until 2027 and were tipped to have to chip in. Don’t think they had much interest but now they’ve got the Brandon Smith situation and even though having plenty in their cap, won’t want to be chipping in for 2 players? Whyte and Wong signed until 2026 (not a Winston peters joke) so could be interesting. Again, sorry wrong thread to the powers that be
I am not keen on buying any up and coming forwards like Siua Wong or Naufahu Whyte because we have so much quality coming through.

Pasikala is 18 years old, played SG Ball this season and has played 5 games of 💙 Mighty NSW Cup. He'll get his chance in a few years but choosing him due to scoring 2 tries against a bottom of the table team is why I laughed. He has a lot to work on especially defensively, which will hopefully come, he's still young, but is a long way off first grade.

I prefer combining both, statistics help to reinforce the eye test imo but each to their own.

Also, I presented you with current stats for both players from this season?
Other teams pick 18 year olds and most of them handle it well. I'm not fazed by him getting a shot at such a young age.