• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Pick Your Team Cowboys v Warriors - Round 14, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it work to pick SJ at 6?

TMM leads the team and SJ with his experience overcalls when he wants it.

Problem is we've tried it before, it just never quite seems to work - SJ is either all or nothing which is risky, when it's on it's amazing but when it's off you simply don't win (Watch him v Titans in the final 10mins on ANZAC day).
Tmm at 6 was awful.
Tmm at 7 was awesome.
Doesn't that say everything 🤔

NZWarriors.com
Would it work to pick SJ at 6?

TMM leads the team and SJ with his experience overcalls when he wants it.

Problem is we've tried it before, it just never quite seems to work - SJ is either all or nothing which is risky, when it's on it's amazing but when it's off you simply don't win (Watch him v Titans in the final 10mins on ANZAC day).
I think SJ at 7 and either TMM or CHT at 6 is a no brainer personally. Both those combos have looked good this season when we have had a decent bench that's been used and we have managed to get at least some parity or dominance with our forwards. If you look at the south's game for TMM or the knights game for CHT as good examples this season. People can talk all about the change of position for TMM that has been good for him. It's been the return of energy and go forward from our pack and our bench that has allowed that, mostly bought by our younger players replacing our busted guys plus Walker controlling the middle and Jazz returning to form. If AW gets those selections right and SJ is fit and taken on board the variations of play then I think you will see a strong performance from the team. Whoever partners him is always going to play second fiddle and with fewer touches of the ball there is always going to be fewer opportunities for them. As long as overall as a team we are defensively resilient and we are creating and finishing chances in attack.

I think SJ at 7 and either TMM or CHT at 6 is a no brainer personally. Both those combos have looked good this season when we have had a decent bench that's been used and managed to get at least some parity or dominance with our forwards. If you look at the south's game for TMM or the knights game for CHT as good examples this season. People can talk all about the change of position for TMM that has been good for him. It's been the return of energy and go forward from our pack and our bench that has allowed that, mostly bought by our younger players replacing our busted guys plus Walker controlling the middle and Jazz returning to form. If AW gets those selections right and SJ is fit and taken on board the variations of play then I think you will see a strong performance from the team. Whoever partners him is always going to play second fiddle and with fewer touches of the ball there is always going to be fewer opportunities for them. As long as overall as a team we are defensively resilient and we are creating and finishing chances in attack.
Face the facts. Tmm at 7 was great.
Tmm at 6 was awful. No question

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Also interesting a post on the recruitment thread off the titans forum saying he was offered to titans a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if there’s any truth to it? Coincides with his turn of form as well as positional change?
Interesting for sure.
If you watch the replay of the pre round 10 games tmm was wandering around behind the ruck most of the time.
Lacking involvement.
At times Egan was waiting to pass him the ball because he couldn't keep up.
Watch the replays for proof.
Moved to 7 very good 👍

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Interesting for sure.
If you watch the replay of the pre round 10 games tmm was wandering around behind the ruck most of the time.
Lacking involvement.
At times Egan was waiting to pass him the ball because he couldn't keep up.
Watch the replays for proof.
Moved to 7 very good 👍
Also looking at the videos that Inruin put up, look at that first try against the knights. SJ on the left puts Ford into space. As well as TMM going to 7 and looked better, he’s also playing on the right. It could all be as simple as the need to switch sides?

Pretty obvious to play double pivots SJ on 1 side and TMM the other, numbers do not matter, so Ford was 11 but he was playing 8, mind blown, wonder if TMM can wear 6 and play 7, maybe he will hide behind the ruck with that 6 jersey, and Dallin will run like a pussy if he cuts his hair

TMM's distance kicking is sub par, we got away with it these 2 weeks but will absolutely get kicked out of the game against top halves, just like when TMM was the 7 against penrith in last years finals. SJ will be an easy pick first choice 7 to steer the team around. They're just going to have to utilise TMM better at 6.

Face the facts. Tmm at 7 was great.
Tmm at 6 was awful. No question

Yes what youve said are facts, but if we're looking at facts please don't just pick and choose which ones suit you

*SJ had been playing injured and was not able to train a lot of the time.
* There were a shit tonne of injuries and movement each round, and often big reshuffles mid game which would have a huge impact on our halves and how they play.
* Despite these two points, up until he was injured SJ's attacking stats - tries, try assists, forced drop outs and line break assists - were better than he was last year (when everyone thought he was the best player in the game), and we're better than the current Daly M for this year (Nicho Hynes at the time).

To me it's clear as day, a fit SJ is a no brainer as even when he's injured and cant train, he's still one of the best players in the game.
Now that TMM has found some form we should be looking at how we can fit these pieces of the puzzle together, not discarding them or trying to come up with a new puzzle.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Yes what youve said are facts, but if we're looking at facts please don't just pick and choose which ones suit you

*SJ had been playing injured and was not able to train a lot of the time.
* There were a shit tonne of injuries and movement each round, and often big reshuffles mid game which would have a huge impact on our halves and how they play.
* Despite these two points, up until he was injured SJ's attacking stats - tries, try assists, forced drop outs and line break assists - were better than he was last year (when everyone thought he was the best player in the game), and we're better than the current Daly M for this year (Nicho Hynes at the time).

To me it's clear as day, a fit SJ is a no brainer as even when he's injured and cant train, he's still one of the best players in the game.
Now that TMM has found some form we should be looking at how we can fit these pieces of the puzzle together, not discarding them or trying to come up with a new puzzle.
The only way that will work is TMM to stay at & & SJ to 6.
Worth a shot IMO

The only way that will work is TMM to stay at & & SJ to 6.
Worth a shot IMO

So because of two good weeks you'd throw Webby's whole years plan out the window?

That's madness bro.

At times this year we've looked amazing, with stints against the Sharks, Storm, Souths, Raiders before injury really took its toll. It was working before all these injuries.

What happens the next time there's an injury and the player coming in goes really well...do we then change our game plan again and turf the other guy out? I dunno, it just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

So because of two good weeks you'd throw Webby's whole years plan out the window?

That's madness bro.

At times this year we've looked amazing, with stints against the Sharks, Storm, Souths, Raiders before injury really took its toll. It was working before all these injuries.

What happens the next time there's an injury and the player coming in goes really well...do we then change our game plan again and turf the other guy out? I dunno, it just doesn't seem to make sense to me.
Your only as good as your last game.

Madness is doing the same thing that is proven to be a failure.

Sorry mate but I'm definitely not wanting tmm at 6 again.
However Webster might see it differently but he stated in the presser that moving tmm to 7 was to make him more involved.
That worked great 👍

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

Interesting looking on clarkeys followers takes on here. I tried to paste it but isn’t working, slide along to which one references TMM. Talks about TMM being the long term Warriors halfback to which he agrees. Doesn’t mean much but interesting others views

CHT was solid but didn't do much beyond that, certainly not enough to be ahead of TMM
Ahead of him in the 6 or 7 jersey? He's played well in the 7 but as posters have pointed out he was invisible at 6. Cht looked good at 6, only thing I could think of would be cos sj Is so dominant that cht would be Invisible as well

Interesting looking on clarkeys followers takes on here. I tried to paste it but isn’t working, slide along to which one references TMM. Talks about TMM being the long term Warriors halfback to which he agrees. Doesn’t mean much but interesting others views

He wants to stay here so he can totally play SJ's role when SJ's done, being that old halfback coaching others and playing with extra management, and when he is finished our Cleary/Hansen or whoever we have in the junior pipeline would be ready to take over, even CHT could be his replacement if he continues to improve, he's only like 24 this year.

Just need a 6 or 1 who has a boot to partner him

Ahead of him in the 6 or 7 jersey? He's played well in the 7 but as posters have pointed out he was invisible at 6. Cht looked good at 6, only thing I could think of would be cos sj Is so dominant that cht would be Invisible as well
With these last two wins against all odds, does SJ on $700k start to look a bit less appealing? Been great bang for buck on his previous contract but does the pay bump seem less of a good deal for the Warriors? Not doubting he’s a great player but if injuries mean you’re limited training all the time, is that good for the team? Was happening last season too

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back