Pick Your Team Bulldogs v Warriors - [Round 18, 2024]

The sense is that there will be no more Mahoney mouth niggling our boys. Ok send Marata at him followed by Addin followed by Barney followed by Marata again followed by Addin again all in the same set. If he's still got teeth after making every one of those tackles he can stay and keep mouthing off just like Ennis. Comprende?

If I were Webby, I'd quietly chat with the ref and suggest penalizing any trash talk for being disrespectful. Annesley should really clamp down on these punks. It sets a bad example for the kids. I'd advise the team to ignore him verbally but play tough and fair during tackles. Don’t get roped in, but if you do, make it count..

3 passes
18 receipts
Passes to receipts ratio 0.21

Other passes to receipts ratios from the other three centres yesterday
Pompey 0.45
Staggs 0.86
Cobbo 0.45
As a center your job is to pass to your winger after you have drawn in defenders. How many times did DWZ run 15-20+ meters because RTS passed him the ball.

Those stats aren't good stats. Pomp is also someone that doesn't pass often and when he does it's more in contact. Even then he passes twice as much as RTS.

Keeping cobbo quiet? You must have missed the don't argues.

The 3 missed tackles were all 1 on 1 with Cobbo and Cobbo made RTS look like a chump. We were lucky that was a no try from the bunker.
Got absolutely burnt in that Cobbo no try and he knew it. Same the week before against the Titans. Some really terrible reads by RTS. And we wonder why he failed in Yawnion .as an inside Center… it’s a failed experiment if we’re being “honest” with ourselves Webby.

If I were Webby, I'd quietly chat with the ref and suggest penalizing any trash talk for being disrespectful. Annesley should really clamp down on these punks. It sets a bad example for the kids. I'd advise the team to ignore him verbally but play tough and fair during tackles. Don’t get roped in, but if you do, make it count..
It looked so stupid the other night when he was pushing up against Hynes like they were a couple of stags locking horns.

If he continues to be a pest in the weekend the best retort would be to do some subtle shadow boxing Hetherington style in his vicinity when a try is scored.

As a center your job is to pass to your winger after you have drawn in defenders. How many times did DWZ run 15-20+ meters because RTS passed him the ball.

Those stats aren't good stats. Pomp is also someone that doesn't pass often and when he does it's more in contact. Even then he passes twice as much as RTS.
I think RTS earned himself another two weeks looking at last night
Let's see how he goes this week.
One thing he also did was one percenters. Eg I think it was him keeping an important kick in bounds at one point. Also dived on a few loose balls. He played his little heart out and did a lot of helpful things out there even though no line breaks or line break assists.
He was part of the reason we won.

One thing he also did was one percenters. Eg I think it was him keeping an important kick in bounds at one point. Also dived on a few loose balls. He played his little heart out and did a lot of helpful things out there even though no line breaks or line break assists.

Meh. Would Berry have done any differently?

Very fullback things like tidying up at the back at one point and pushing the ball dead when the broncos were close

It will be the same team or close to it.

If it was up to me I'd pick

CNK
DWZ
MGT
Pompey
Montoya
CHT
TMM
AFB
Egan
Barney
Niukore
Capewell
Walker

Lussick
Jazz
Ale
Laban

And a clear direction to the hot heads in our team to ignore everything Reed Mahoney does or says
Who might they be? (Dalin, Montoya, Marata, Barney, Dylan, Jazz may be)

Very fullback things like tidying up at the back at one point and pushing the ball dead when the broncos were close
Good observation. And let him do that. Let him be a cover defender / second full back if that is what he is good at and what he knows how to do.

RTS draws defenders because he is RTS and as such there is room and space for others to create.

Unfortunately opposition coaches aren't like blinkered forum fans or media trying to create heroes for marketing.

They have RTS circled as a defensive liability, and I doubt very much they are loading up defenders on him at present. He has to make more tackles than his other centre week in, week out. Even in his good old days, the space RTS created is great if he then passes the ball on to someone in a better position, which he more often than not did not.

I'm not trying to wail on him, I just think the opposition, though they will pay the usual lip service, will not be intimidated by Roger one iota

He had some bullocking runs on Saturday. He does that well and they are good to watch. He makes some good spot tackles when players run at him. So yes, did some good things this week. The try was all TMM, and any centre would have scored it. It was nice that it was RTS that did. There are a lot of things he is not doing well enough for a regular starter imo.

Last edited:
Unfortunately opposition coaches aren't like blinkered forum fans or media trying to create heroes for marketing.

They have RTS circled as a defensive liability, and I doubt very much they are loading up defenders on him at present. He has to make more tackles than his other centre week in, week out. Even in his good old days, the space RTS created is great if he then passes the ball on to someone in a better position, which he more often than not did not.

I'm not trying to wail on him, I just think the opposition, though they will pay the usual lip service, will not be intimidated by Roger one iota

He had some bullocking runs on Saturday. He does that well and they are good to watch. He makes some good spot tackles when players run at him. So yes, did some good things this week. There are a lot of things he is not doing well enough for a regular starter imo.
He’s getting selected on name and reputation alone. Not form. The same with others players and it’s obvious to see. Game against Dogs is the last hooray for our season in my books. And I don’t believe Webby will make the changes needed to win it

Back