Social 🆚 NZWarriors NRLFantasy Competiton 2024

Yep took a loss. As I’ve said though, my focus is overall & I wanted to see how origin selection unfolded. I’ll grab Campbell next week as he plays 16 and 19. Hoping twal and young have recovered, if not, I’ll sell young to Teddy.
I recommend Campbell but I think he will end up back a full back. He did not make a good fist of first five the past two weeks despite scoring over 50 points each time. He doesn't really know how to play the position. I have him and watch him closely as he is the best value for money purchase in fantasy at 500K he should be a $650k player.

Oh you have 7 left? Oh mb. I thought you had like 3-4.

I don't think api is a big upgrade, it's more sideways. You should be thinking about a forever hooker around this time. Cookie might be a better pick up. Bye rnd 17 is all, plays the major 16/19.

Everyone harping on about Mahoney but I feel he has too many mistakes in him. The other option is Sharks hooker, other Brailey.
Sideways is fine with me as Brailey is cooked for the season. His head is not in it and the coaching staff are not backing him.
I can trade for either
a) Api - 44 average
b) Sharks Brailey 43 average
c) Egan - 40 average

Sideways is fine with me as Brailey is cooked for the season. His head is not in it and the coaching staff are not backing him.
I can trade for either
a) Api - 44 average
b) Sharks Brailey 43 average
c) Egan - 40 average
Don't do Egan, he is one head knock away...
I have Api and besides his round 2 game or whatever, he has been average as. However, that might change with Seizer back, that's if Galvin wants to actually win a game instead of sulk.

Looks like I have lost Mitchell for next week but I have Api and Teddy for the team, not too bad.

Amy news on how long Jai Arrow is out for?

Jayden Brailey $543K

Api $572K
Blayke Brailey $541K
Egan $490K

All four of these hookers after making allowances for outlier games average about 43-44 points
Egan has played the fewest games and is the most injury prone but also attractively priced

Casual Athlete says he will hold Brailey another game or two but would understand anyone selling Brailey as crossland is eating into his minutes.

Brailey is out on a bye this week so maybe it makes sense to trade this week as imagine if I traded for Api now and he got injured round 16.

What do you think tyrael (I know you have already answered) and Warriorsfan92?

I have a mighty 6 players available this week.
I am up against Vancent and I think I need to apologise for not offering any semblence of opposition.

I have a mighty 6 players available this week.
I am up against Vancent and I think I need to apologise for not offering any semblence of opposition.
Check how many he has.

I think in my match it's 12v8

I would also go blakye Brailey. He gets 80mins and gets you what you need. Api a bit hit and miss.

Egan is if you're willing to gamble, he can get more points than the others but can be injury prone.

If I was you and can afford it, I would just get JMK or Cookie.

Check how many he has.

I think in my match it's 12v8

I would also go blakye Brailey. He gets 80mins and gets you what you need. Api a bit hit and miss.

Egan is if you're willing to gamble, he can get more points than the others but can be injury prone.

If I was you and can afford it, I would just get JMK or Cookie.
Blayke Brailey is on a bye so is Jayden Brailey
This is best waited for until next week.
What a great trade brother for brother trade,
Vancent has a mighty 9 players before he does any trades and will smash my 6.

Blayke Brailey is on a bye so is Jayden Brailey
This is best waited for until next week.
What a great trade brother for brother trade,
Vancent has a mighty 9 players before he does any trades and will smash my 6.
Yeah, Just forget about this round. If you make any trades this week it should be for the long term.

I have 2 trades left. I play with 12 and that's it. Will wait a week before making any decisions on Hopgood.

Round 17 and 18 I have 20 players to choose from, but will obviously lose Mitchell for round 18...Potentially Api too, but that still leaves me with 18 to play with. So only Round 19 matters to me now.

edit: Just saw that if Galvin plays, I will have 13 on the field. Not bad, good size.
edit2: galvin but haas out, back to 12. Thanks for the rec wrighty hahaha (jk)

Last edited:
I am weighing up out of a choice of
a) RTS - $553K I estimate will average 45 from here to the end of the season. 2 byes left. Dual position player and a wing centre combo rounds out my team balance
b) Papps - $573K I estimate will average 50 from here to the end of the season. Only 1 bye left.

Klees Haas dropped !!! Didn;t see that coming

1000013233.jpg

tyrael tyrael what do you think of my Papps vs Sheck question?

What's the downside of Paps for your team currently mate.

RTS is probably the safer option and if the duel position is REALLY helpful for your team I'd probably pull the trigger on him, but if you like a bit of risk and enjoy the heart flutters every time Papz plays and his ability to stay fit, he would be my pick as he is deffo the better fantasy player and has one less bye, it's just if you think he'll stay fit or not for the rest of the year

Edit: please forgive me if I've spoken out of turn, I know this thread is mainly for yourself and tyrael tyrael these days 😝

What's the downside of Paps for your team currently mate.

RTS is probably the safer option and if the duel position is REALLY helpful for your team I'd probably pull the trigger on him, but if you like a bit of risk and enjoy the heart flutters every time Papz plays and his ability to stay fit, he would be my pick as he is deffo the better fantasy player and has one less bye, it's just if you think he'll stay fit or not for the rest of the year

Edit: please forgive me if I've spoken out of turn, I know this thread is mainly for yourself and tyrael tyrael these days 😝
Thanks Tookey - I love everyone replying to my comments. The only reason I tagged Tyrael into the above is that no one responded when I asked last night. Sadface.gif
The downside of Papps -
a) Risk of re-injury. His legs are made of glass
b) his scores can be up and down. He has scored a couple of 20s this year but so has Roger.
Papps seems like the better choice due to one less bye and the fact in previous fantasy years he has averaged 50-51 while Roger even at fullback only averaged mind forties.
The Dual position of Roger is not necessarily really helpful but it is a 7 out of ten for helpfulness.
Roger is not dead set a cert for selection either as Webster has shown he is prepared to make some hard decisions. On the best case scenario if Roger gets unleashed by playing Right centre vs left centre he could average 50 himself for the rest of the season. But it is also possible he is only at right centre because Berry is injured and Pompey will be dropped with Rocco recovers and Roger back to left centre.
I feel like in my heart i am biased towards picking Roger because I think he has more unrealised potential than Papps but I also feel RTS is a pick from the heart and not the head. And I don't know which is best in fantasy making sensible decisions like Papps or heart based favourite players like RTS.
You said RTS is the safer option - you mean because he will be injury free?

Yeah deffo safer injury wise as Papz at times looks like he's made of glass as you mentioned.

But also consistency - Rog will likely get you 35-45 points consistently (he hasn't hit a 50 and only under 30 once, a 29) whereas Papz has a 20, 24 and 80 in his scores this year so will sometimes win you a h2h with a big score, and be underwhelming the next week.

You need both kinda of scorers in your team, but obvs being too heavy one way or the other (a team of Mr reliable a vs an erratic up and down team) will have a huge impact on your overall year.

I don't need Papz this week so will likely wait to see how he goes this week, but will likely have him there in my team by the end of the year

Thanks Tookey - I love everyone replying to my comments. The only reason I tagged Tyrael into the above is that no one responded when I asked last night. Sadface.gif
The downside of Papps -
a) Risk of re-injury. His legs are made of glass
b) his scores can be up and down. He has scored a couple of 20s this year but so has Roger.
Papps seems like the better choice due to one less bye and the fact in previous fantasy years he has averaged 50-51 while Roger even at fullback only averaged mind forties.
The Dual position of Roger is not necessarily really helpful but it is a 7 out of ten for helpfulness.
Roger is not dead set a cert for selection either as Webster has shown he is prepared to make some hard decisions. On the best case scenario if Roger gets unleashed by playing Right centre vs left centre he could average 50 himself for the rest of the season. But it is also possible he is only at right centre because Berry is injured and Pompey will be dropped with Rocco recovers and Roger back to left centre.
I feel like in my heart i am biased towards picking Roger because I think he has more unrealised potential than Papps but I also feel RTS is a pick from the heart and not the head. And I don't know which is best in fantasy making sensible decisions like Papps or heart based favourite players like RTS.
I think more people would get paps but feel he plays better with Munster in the team. Munster not coming back until r20.

So Roger probably gives you more reliability. Maybe even more of a POD