• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General Your 2025 team

Think it’s going to be Dylan Brown many teams will be interested in because of the manager Mitchell Moses has. Both seem to have clauses to get out of their contracts
It will mean we have no real game manager with Brown. We also have no chance of Moses even he didn't have the Cove links. He would want a good chance at a premiership and to be frank that's not why players come to the Warriors.

NZWarriors.com
It will mean we have no real game manager with Brown. We also have no chance of Moses even he didn't have the Cove links. He would want a good chance at a premiership and to be frank that's not why players come to the Warriors.
Metcalf being played at 7 in nsw cup so would have to assume that’s where they see him?

Metcalf being played at 7 in nsw cup so would have to assume that’s where they see him?
He has had 23 FG games none at 7. In NSW Cup he has played 29 games and at 7 only 8 times. At age 25 he has played 52 times at NSW Cup or above that is just over 2 seasons which is not great reading. Guy has talent and who knows could turn into a great game manager. Keeping him injury free will likely be the greatest challenge.

He has had 23 FG games none at 7. In NSW Cup he has played 29 games and at 7 only 8 times. At age 25 he has played 52 times at NSW Cup or above that is just over 2 seasons which is not great reading. Guy has talent and who knows could turn into a great game manager. Keeping him injury free will likely be the greatest challenge.
Hansen has been playing at 7 in nsw cup for multiple weeks but was shifted to put Metcalf 7 in the weekend was my only thinking? Was TMM 7 and Metcalf 6 in nsw cup last week?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Hansen has been playing at 7 in nsw cup for multiple weeks but was shifted to put Metcalf 7 in the weekend was my only thinking? Was TMM 7 and Metcalf 6 in nsw cup last week?
Yes for last week TMM 7 and LM 6, for the first half and then I think TMM moved to 6 with Roache at 7?

I don't think we can read much into it to be honest. The telling piece will be preseason games and any comments AW makes in the off season

Yes for last week TMM 7 and LM 6, for the first half and then I think TMM moved to 6 with Roache at 7?

I don't think we can read much into it to be honest. The telling piece will be preseason games and any comments AW makes in the off season
That’s right, there’s Roache to consider too. Surely looked at as a dummy half? Perhaps utility?

I think he is a quality dummy half. I would probably have him on the first grade bench with Egan starting. He can play half if required though.
Think if we’re going to carry players on the bench for the possibility of Egan picking up a knock, they need to offer more than 1 position to warrant their place on the bench when sometimes Egan comes through and it’s a wasted spot. I agree regarding Roache’s use from the bench and also think Lussick could be a handy lock? Can handle the big bodies in the middle and can take a knock

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Think if we’re going to carry players on the bench for the possibility of Egan picking up a knock, they need to offer more than 1 position to warrant their place on the bench when sometimes Egan comes through and it’s a wasted spot. I agree regarding Roache’s use from the bench and also think Lussick could be a handy lock? Can handle the big bodies in the middle and can take a knock
My thinking at the moment is that Egan starts and gets rested from 20m - 50m mark - almost a non-negotiable in my mind. So we are carrying a player to actually sub with him each game not just sit there in case of emergency. Roache is our utility on the bench that spells him and can cover halves if really needed. CHT or Lussick can also play that utility role as well. Between the three of them they can rotate through as required. So for example it might be Roach on the bench in first grade for a couple of weeks with Lussick at 9 in Cup and CHT in the halves at cup. Gives us options and keeps everyone fresher and still getting good minutes in cup in their main positions. I have TMM and LM as my halves and Egan at 9. It would be a miracle if they got through a whole season without missing some games. So I think its important that CHT gets reps in the halves and isn't just sitting on the first grade bench getting a few minutes a game. Same goes for Lussick and Roach at 9.

I personally don't think CHT can be the Walker type player and Lussick I like but also not sold on him as a lock.

Assuming TMM, LM, Egan are 7,6 and 9, you can only carry one of the three of Lussick, Roache, CHT on the bench IMO.

Last edited:
I'll have another stab

1 R T Sheck
2 D W Zelezniak
3 A Pompey
4 C N Klokstad
5 M Montoya
6 L Metcalf
7 T M Martin
8 J F Harris
9 W Egan
10 M Niukore
11 M Barnett
12 K Capewell
13 T Harris

14 C H Tavita
15 B Afoa
16 D Sifakula
17 D Walker

Reactions: kos
1 T Tuaupiki
2 M Pasikala
3 R Berry
4 A Leiataua
5 RTS
6 L Metcalf
7 TMM (needs to improve kicking)

8 JFH
9 P Roache
10 M Barnett
11 K Capewell
12 L Halasima
13 D Walker/D Sifakula

14 W Egan
15 M Niukore
16 Z Zyon Maiu’u
17 D Sifakula/D Walker

Release DWZ and CNK unfortunately they don't fit our team rn. COuld use money to get a Half/fast Outside back. Debate me...

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
1 T Tuaupiki
2 M Pasikala
3 R Berry
4 A Leiataua
5 RTS
6 L Metcalf
7 TMM (needs to improve kicking)

8 JFH
9 P Roache
10 M Barnett
11 K Capewell
12 L Halasima
13 D Walker/D Sifakula

14 W Egan
15 M Niukore
16 Z Zyon Maiu’u
17 D Sifakula/D Walker

Release DWZ and CNK unfortunately they don't fit our team rn. COuld use money to get a Half/fast Outside back. Debate me...
Mass

With not much pickings for 2025. I'd focus on developing within. We should be good enough to make a play for the 8. But a big focus on 2026.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I’ll play the game!

Both those players have value with a gun 7 that runs the play and sets them up in attack. With SJ, they were what we needed last year.

Without SJ, we need our fullback to offer more in attack and our wingers just revert to average. Their strengths that were complimented by SJ have gone.

Tough one as I like both players but the game plan around positions will definitely change next year!

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back