• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General Your 2025 team

Metcalf backs himself to be a game managing 7. So we’re just gonna have to trust him if SJ retires, he looked pretty good in that dolphins game when Shaun went off and Metcalf went to 7, had a good kicking game and was accurate with his Kicks and pass selection.
The main concern I have with Metcalf is his injuries and whether they continue. We’re already having to carry a bench player in case Egan goes down injured as can be the case. Best scenario with both Metcalf and Egan in the run on side would be to carry CHT on the bench who can cover both at a pinch

NZWarriors.com
The main concern I have with Metcalf is his injuries and whether they continue. We’re already having to carry a bench player in case Egan goes down injured as can be the case. Best scenario with both Metcalf and Egan in the run on side would be to carry CHT on the bench who can cover both at a pinch
To be fair to Metcalf, both long term injuries he has had with us have been totally unrelated.

To be fair to Metcalf, both long term injuries he has had with us have been totally unrelated.
He was sent to America for some training on how to ease up his running technique with that being what was deemed the issue with it happening more than once over time. On his return he then injured the other leg to which was the other one that had caused his lay off previously. Please don’t read into it that I’m not a supporter of his, because I’d love nothing more than him to secure his position in the team and prosper. Which I think he will if injuries let him. One thing I would say on him and SJ though in watching TMM and CHT is they need to play more direct and not take the outside players space. The best halves take the ball deep into the opposition line

He was sent to America for some training on how to ease up his running technique with that being what was deemed the issue with it happening more than once over time. On his return he then injured the other leg to which was the other one that had caused his lay off previously.
Yes, but the other leg was a contact injury (broken tibia) , totally unrelated to the soft tissue injuries he has had previously and more bad luck than any technique issue.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Common theme with TMM…

Had a run of form where he stepped up and was blowing away the competition but he’s disappeared again!

Real head scratcher for who plays there next year…
It would be interesting to know what injury TMM is carrying, if any. The run of wins we had with him shows how good he can be. The last couple of games have been to far removed from that to be funny. It looked like it was a plan for CHT to do as much of the kicking as possible against the raiders. TMM still looked ok in the opposition 20m setting the plays imo. Watching the replays of the last two games it looks like he doesn't have the ability to really stretch out and sprint at the moment. Would not surprise me if he is carrying a groin injury or something similar that restricts kicking and sprinting.

It would be interesting to know what injury TMM is carrying, if any. The run of wins we had with him shows how good he can be. The last couple of games have been to far removed from that to be funny. It looked like it was a plan for CHT to do as much of the kicking as possible against the raiders. TMM still looked ok in the opposition 20m setting the plays imo. Watching the replays of the last two games it looks like he doesn't have the ability to really stretch out and sprint at the moment. Would not surprise me if he is carrying a groin injury or something similar that restricts kicking and sprinting.
With CHT being noticeably more involved in many ways than previous weeks, it makes me wonder if it was played that way in preparation for SJ to slot in there in the coming weeks and this being how Webster intends to use SJ and TMM. I would imagine we might see multiple halves combinations for the remainder of the season with Metcalf due back soon too? Interesting SJ still hasn’t taken up that offer on table as far as we know? Is he waiting to see how it goes upon his return?

With CHT being noticeably more involved in many ways than previous weeks, it makes me wonder if it was played that way in preparation for SJ to slot in there in the coming weeks and this being how Webster intends to use SJ and TMM. I would imagine we might see multiple halves combinations for the remainder of the season with Metcalf due back soon too? Interesting SJ still hasn’t taken up that offer on table as far as we know? Is he waiting to see how it goes upon his return?
The TMM and CHT combo worked well when TMM was calling the majority of the shots and CHT just had to do the basics well, which he is capable of doing very well. The only reason that changes is if TMM is injured IMO. If AW is playing around with things in preparation for SJs return then that is another mistake he is making. You make the most of the here and now with the players available. We will find out soon, if SJ is fit and available, what the story is. I would expect TMM to drop out either because of injury and if it's not that then because of performance.

The TMM and CHT combo worked well when TMM was calling the majority of the shots and CHT just had to do the basics well, which he is capable of doing very well. The only reason that changes is if TMM is injured IMO. If AW is playing around with things in preparation for SJs return then that is another mistake he is making. You make the most of the here and now with the players available. We will find out soon, if SJ is fit and available, what the story is. I would expect TMM to drop out either because of injury and if it's not that then because of performance.
Really not sure what to think in terms of players playing injured because at one stage CNK was played at five eighth, which I’ve never seen him play. If it was a mistake to play the way they did in preparation for SJ’s return, it was as much of a mistake to play TMM injured with CHT looking like the dominant half in that game. Let’s not forget we go to golden point with one conversion and win with one more. It wasn’t a complete disaster in terms of the combination, just unfortunate the injuries were to both first choice kickers. Both losses in previous weeks have both shown resilience in staying in the game with a big reshuffle necessary, just have faced some unfortunate circumstances in both weeks

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Really not sure what to think in terms of players playing injured because at one stage CNK was played at five eighth, which I’ve never seen him play. If it was a mistake to play the way they did in preparation for SJ’s return, it was as much of a mistake to play TMM injured with CHT looking like the dominant half in that game. Let’s not forget we go to golden point with one conversion and win with one more. It wasn’t a complete disaster in terms of the combination, just unfortunate the injuries were to both first choice kickers. Both losses in previous weeks have both shown resilience in staying in the game with a big reshuffle necessary, just have faced some unfortunate circumstances in both weeks
In my opinion TMM and CHT are all we have at the moment given who is injured. If there is a better option then it should be played - a balance between injury, capability and skills. You are speculating that AW is playing a certain way in a game in preparation for SJ's return. That may be the case. All I'm saying is if that is the case then imo it's a mistake. You play the game at hand with the best players you have available that gives you the most chance of winning that game.

In my opinion TMM and CHT are all we have at the moment given who is injured. If there is a better option then it should be played - a balance between injury, capability and skills. You are speculating that AW is playing a certain way in a game in preparation for SJ's return. That may be the case. All I'm saying is if that is the case then imo it's a mistake. You play the game at hand with the best players you have available that gives you the most chance of winning that game.
Yeah, it seems like TMM is playing injured. Not taking it into the line as hard as he was prior.
Speculation on my behalf though. It just seems strange he is playing second fiddle to CHT when it's been the opposite all times prior.

Metcalf backs himself to be a game managing 7. So we’re just gonna have to trust him if SJ retires, he looked pretty good in that dolphins game when Shaun went off and Metcalf went to 7, had a good kicking game and was accurate with his Kicks and pass selection.
Get the vibe metcalf really wants to be able to call the shots, he’s a running threat, some sort of kicking game and goal kicker. Unclear how good his ball playing is. It will also be his deliver or pack your bags season, one more year of injuries and they’ll try and super league him.

If we are going young next year then CHT-Luke for moine.

TMM can still do his pig hunting and fishing as a good backup.

Not sure this is the correct thread but anyone thinking about the Vegas thing for 2025 I suggest you check out " Boys get paid " site.
Haven't had time to check myself but from my experience they are great operators

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Yeah, it seems like TMM is playing injured. Not taking it into the line as hard as he was prior.
Speculation on my behalf though. It just seems strange he is playing second fiddle to CHT when it's been the opposite all times prior.
I agree, I’d guess he’s playing injured

I'd be starting CHT at Hooker for the first 20mins as he has great defence. Egan comes on for the last 60 maybe a quick 5-10 spell around the 55min mark. Kenny Api style combo. Worth carrying him on the bench instead if Lussick who will only get 8 or less mins If all goes well with Egan, which is a waste of a spot. CHT can also cover the halves even centre if needed.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
They also need to figure out what's going on with Johnson next year. If he's retiring then when Metcalf is available CNK, Metcalf, TMM, CHT(9) then Egan on rotation to get their combo going for next year.
Also Webby needs to look at what to do with RTS next year as unfortunately centre experiment hasnt worked out but also the amount of injuries through the year. Couldn't get no consistency going on a position.

Last rant about Webbys game plan. Is he needs to learn to rotate the team better next year. We have the depth.
Any niggles give them the week off. Instance SJ feeling a little sore than usual TMM step in for a game. If DWZ/CNK body is banged up from taking the hard charges a week off etc. We got cover.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back