General Your 2025 team

NZWarriors.com
I agree, I’d guess he’s playing injured
I think he's playing with a groin strain, that's what it looks like anyway.

Not taking the line on and really stretching out to full stride, not taking yardage kicks. Kind of makes a bit of sense why our attack has looked so off the past two games where he hasn't been popping up everywhere as he has been previously.

Issues we have seen with SJ when he's been carrying that injury in the past.

Ali and Moala looked ready, some serious pace too, give them the remaining games for experience and ready to start for ‘25

Thinking maybe CNK can transition to 13 since Taine is ready and RTS and DWZ can both cover FB, Walker will be a year older and Tohu is a mummy or might retire, don’t see a plan to groom anyone at that position (CHT got ran over at the 666 game). He brings high energy on attack and D at the frontline, should have the vision to ball play in the middle and will prolong his career

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Release CNK, DWZ, Kosi, Harris. Those backs too slow and one dimensional.
Maybe Egan as well if he keeps playing like he is this year. I think him and our ball playing 13 are some of the reasons why our attack is shit on the opponents try line. We also have Lussick, Roache, Taufua and Auloa as hooking options.

As for Recruitment We need more halves stocks, Nikorima wouldn’t be a bad buy would def help with our attack. Or a Jake Clifford has a big boot on him.
As for Backs surely there’s some Reiko Ioane type backs in union who could use a pay rise.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
1.RTS
2.DWZ
3.ALI/Berry
4.CNK
5.Montoya

6.TMM
7.Luke M

8.Fish
9.Egan
10.Barnett
11.Glorywell
12.Marata
13.Walker?/Tohu

14.CHT
15.Sifakula
16.Leka
17.Ford

pretty funny when you think that at the start of the season we were all saying we had so much depth in our halves it was a shootout as to who played ... and now?

Hansen has actually been pretty good in cup, metcalf looks a chance to take the organizing role too.

pretty funny when you think that at the start of the season we were all saying we had so much depth in our halves it was a shootout as to who played ... and now?

Hansen has actually been pretty good in cup, metcalf looks a chance to take the organizing role too.
Interesting to see Metcalf played at 7 yesterday when TMM hasn’t looked to suit the 6 role. Would have thought that if these two were to be paired next year, it would be TMM organising 7 and Metcalf 6? Perhaps with TMM lack of a kicking game, it makes it harder to have him at 7? He’s looked best as the organiser in SJ’s absence

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

I have heard conflicting reports about Hansen. Haven't watched very much NSW cup this year but he comes from the Penrith system and he was the Penrith SG Ball Captain so he must have some skills. Hoping he can step up as our halves next year are average and we only have 3.

I have heard conflicting reports about Hansen. Haven't watched very much NSW cup this year but he comes from the Penrith system and he was the Penrith SG Ball Captain so he must have some skills. Hoping he can step up as our halves next year are average and we only have 3.
Perhaps he does get elevated to a top 30 contract next year? The nrl.com player information looks to have Jett Cleary come into a top 30 contract in 2026?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Webster has grabbed both of them so you never know. We do need quality halves and out of the ones we have Metcalf has the highest ceiling but he seems to have caught something from Nathaniel Roache so not sure how many games we will get out of him.
That was why I asked the question in the recruitment thread because I wondered if there could be a chance we’re in for Mitchell Moses? Surely would be Dylan Brown if we’re chasing another halve?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
No chance we get Moses. We don't deal with his agent anymore like many clubs.
Think it’s going to be Dylan Brown many teams will be interested in because of the manager Mitchell Moses has. Both seem to have clauses to get out of their contracts

Back