General Warriors Preseason 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not expecting too much from the 1st trial. Probably sprinkle a couple or so likely round 1 starters with the rest, the unlimited interchanges pretty much gives everyone a run and test some backup combos..
The 2nd should be probable round 1 starters working on the basics, combos and maybe test some shapes under match conditions.. and sort out the possible bench starters

I think most will be managing expectations about who or how long potential starters will play in the first trial.
I’m personally looking forward to seeing how the next gen of players are developing and who will get a run, while seeing if fringe first graders like Tom Ale can command a spot in the 17 for Round.1
Looking like a crowd of around 10000 for the game.

I think most will be managing expectations about who or how long potential starters will play in the first trial.
I’m personally looking forward to seeing how the next gen of players are developing and who will get a run, while seeing if fringe first graders like Tom Ale can command a spot in the 17 for Round.1
Looking like a crowd of around 10000 for the game.
Wow that’s a good crowd for a trial.
Thats more than u get at some nrl games.
What kind of crowds do the Auckland blues get these days?

Wow that’s a good crowd for a trial.
Thats more than u get at some nrl games.
What kind of crowds do the Auckland blues get these days?
Over 10000 tickets sold already.
I believe the stadium holds 17000. Having close to a sellout for a trial game is amazing.

Over 10000 tickets sold already.
I believe the stadium holds 17000. Having close to a sellout for a trial game is amazing.
It is amazing
CHCH is also hosting the round 3 match vs the raiders on March 22
Well in CHCH

I just want two things from pre-season:
1. Nobody important breaks anything.
2. We don't look too inept on the field.

Winning pre-season games is great and everything, but adds 0 competition pts and 0 differential pts to the NRL ladder...

Could also throw in some of the younger guys for a hit out too/try some newer combinations too?

I'd expect RTS would want to be in the preseason games.

Last year's first trial still had a decent starting side with a bunch of first graders

With the All Stars not playing, I think we can still expect something like

Tuaupiki
Montoya
Berry
Leiataua
Aukusitino
CHT
Metcalf

Ale
Lussick/Roache
Afoa
Halasima
Laban
Going

I want to have my 2 cents worth over the Vegas games after reading this article that the NRL hopes to penetrate the lucrative USA market place and grow rugby league in the United States.

My 2 cents is that it sounds like a complete waste of time. Rugby union has a much better footprint in North America and they don't have much success. We will not accomplish anything by trying to grow the game of rugby league there. I have lived in Canada for a long time. Grass roots rugby union is strong. Despite that rugby is minuscule compared to the major leagues. Cricket is also played extensively in North America with competitive leagues but no one cares about it. I think the NRL are whistling Dixie with any attempts to expand in North America. Growing the game in Australia in states where it is less popular would be a better bet.

I want to have my 2 cents worth over the Vegas games after reading this article that the NRL hopes to penetrate the lucrative USA market place and grow rugby league in the United States.

My 2 cents is that it sounds like a complete waste of time. Rugby union has a much better footprint in North America and they don't have much success. We will not accomplish anything by trying to grow the game of rugby league there. I have lived in Canada for a long time. Grass roots rugby union is strong. Despite that rugby is minuscule compared to the major leagues. Cricket is also played extensively in North America with competitive leagues but no one cares about it. I think the NRL are whistling Dixie with any attempts to expand in North America. Growing the game in Australia in states where it is less popular would be a better bet.

The NRL are going after the sports betting money on offer in the US, it makes their product rights much more lucrative.
It is a calculated move for money and value, not to grow the game per se..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back