• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 30/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 14/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
I'm positive about this signing.

Warriors teams at their best in the past have had a hooker that comes on and provides a change of pace against tired forwards.

The game has lost that a bit in recent years with the reduced interchange.

Plus he's a little more solid than Lussick. Wouldn't shock me to see him end up doing some time at 13 if we run two hookers.

Could even be groomed as Walker's replacement in a year.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Let’s be clear, he’s a different player to lussick. He’s more of a Harry grant/damien cook style player. When lussick comes on, he’s a defensive hooker. He’s fit as anything but lacks any creativity at the ruck. We’ve clearly identified this as a weakness. And realistically if Egan goes down long term, bringing in lussick has hampered our attacking upside. Hopefully this rectifies this.

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 30/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 14/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.
Would be good to have some summary of the coaching staff involvement in international games : Stacey Jones kiwi coach , David Tangata-Toa assistant coach to Tonga & B. couples the kangaroo S&C

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Did we have a replacement for Egan on the bench every game this year? And if so do we think Healey will slot in there from Rd 1, or is this future proofing and Healey will only get the occasional game off the bench nek year?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
No he hasnt. He has averaged around 60 mins a game at starting Hooker when Berrell has been unavailable. When Berrell has been been available, he has averaged around 30 mins compared to Berrell at 50. He has been understudy to Berrell all season. This is very different comparison to Egan/Lussick.

I get that people are excited and like to laud plaudits on new recruits, but to say he is the best hooker in the nsw comp, when he is not the starting hooker for the Jets, nor gets the most time onfield from the two options indicates a different story.
I guess Berrell is a high quality reserve grader who arguably should be playing NRL level. But geez to suggest his understudy in NSW Cup should waltz into a top 17 role at the Warriors feels like it could be a little over-enthusiastic to me. It’s not like he’s a teenager, he’s 22 years old. Highlights package looks ok, but NRL level is obviously a totally different story. Sharks fans blowing up about it is no different from what a few on here do about our juniors that sign elsewhere & ultimately amount to nothing.

I guess Berrell is a high quality reserve grader who arguably should be playing NRL level. But geez to suggest his understudy in NSW Cup should waltz into a top 17 role at the Warriors feels like it could be a little over-enthusiastic to me. It’s not like he’s a teenager, he’s 22 years old. Highlights package looks ok, but NRL level is obviously a totally different story. Sharks fans blowing up about it is no different from what a few on here do about our juniors that sign elsewhere & ultimately amount to nothing.
I'm hoping that Healey will turn in to the next Brent Webb for us,
he came from qld cup and slotted into the top 30.
He was the Queensland Cup leading try scorer in 2001 before being spotted by Daniel Anderson, and signed by the New Zealand Warriors.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back