• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 30/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 14/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
I'm hoping that Healey will turn in to the next Brent Webb for us,
he came from qld cup and slotted into the top 30.
He was the Queensland Cup leading try scorer in 2001 before being spotted by Daniel Anderson, and signed by the New Zealand Warriors.
That would be a nice outcome, loved Brent Webb! However is it a fair comparison - Q Cup top try scorer vs NSW Cup bench hooker. If he’s that good then why hasn’t anyone chased Berrell yet?

NZWarriors.com
That would be a nice outcome, loved Brent Webb! However is it a fair comparison - Q Cup top try scorer vs NSW Cup bench hooker. If he’s that good then why hasn’t anyone chased Berrell yet?
Berrell has been in the Sharks Top 30 for 3 years now after being the Q Cup Player of the Year in 2021. Queensland age grade rep, NYC team of the Year, Junior Kangaroo & also the Jets 2023 Player of the Year. Currently a better player than Healey but not far off 30 years of age. I guess the Warriors have signed him in the hope he'll take over when Egan retires/is forced to retire

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Berrell has been in the Sharks Top 30 for 3 years now after being the Q Cup Player of the Year in 2021. Queensland age grade rep, NYC team of the Year, Junior Kangaroo & also the Jets 2023 Player of the Year. Currently a better player than Healey but not far off 30 years of age. I guess the Warriors have signed him in the hope he'll take over when Egan retires/is forced to retire
Yeah look to be clear, in my opinion Berrell should be a starting hooker in the NRL, he’s better than a few of the other clubs top options.

Don't know why no one wants Berrell but 1 thing Healey has is pedigree, his old man wasn't a bad player and a lot of the good players from the pass their youngsters seem to play alright.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Wait have we poached a young player to give him a start? This is very exciting..
Nothing to do with age. My assessment is that we should play through the middle more next year to take pressure off our halves, and we need a running/creative hooker to complement Egan in the 17 to do that. Healey is the only player at the club who can play that role, and he’s 22 and first grade ready (at least for a bench role)

Hes contracted to the Sharks. He played 3 games for the Sharks this season (debut at age 29). Gives you all the info you need on who the Sharks preferred/is ready for NRL.

That's not a knock on any other hooker at the club. Brailey has played 100 games straight in the NRL, hasn't missed a game. He's an 80 minute hooker in a side that's been a constant top 5 team for years.

I think he's been identified as something we're missing big time, X factor off the bench. He hasn't been signed to be a starter. 20-30 minute spells. The staff love Lussick and his work ethic, so I guess he'll stick around.. Who's more your defensive starting hooker.

That's not a knock on any other hooker at the club. Brailey has played 100 games straight in the NRL, hasn't missed a game. He's an 80 minute hooker in a side that's been a constant top 5 team for years.

I think he's been identified as something we're missing big time, X factor off the bench. He hasn't been signed to be a starter. 20-30 minute spells. The staff love Lussick and his work ethic, so I guess he'll stick around.. Who's more your defensive starting hooker.
Sounds like some insider knowledge there
Are you an employee?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back