• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 30/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 30/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 14/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
See Hazelton is free to roam on Nov 1st.
Are we going to go after him or are we just going to sit on our hands.
Sometimes you just have to do it.
Not as though we don't need another front rower of his ability.
8 teams have apparently registered interest. Interesting to see if we’re one of them

No way for me, Sifakula all day!
I agree I don't want Hazleton or any other prop blocking Sifakula and our up and comers.
I am really glad you posted this Bangbros one of my favourite rugby league related posts from you ever.
Sifakula is money. Money. Money. Money. He finished the season rated ahead of Ale and Bunty on merit. Not through injury. Not through player development putting youth first. Not through player rotation policy.
Sifakula will be the impact bench player we have been waiting for and after this off season he will be ready game one next year.
I know this is a big call but he will be as good as any other impact prop in the NRL next year. Better than Royce Hunt by far. Probably better than Leniu I expect. Definitely better than Hazelton. If you don't agree with this assessment then you havn't been watching.
The only decent minutes he got was against dogs. 32 minutes in Round 25 and he ran for 118 metres. That means he has arrived and is ready and is NRL standard. Despite only playing 4 games.
We do not want to recruit any more props or middles. Jazz out Clark not Clarke in. We still have Ale as depth in case of injury and we have TSS who can do a job if needed. And hopefully Tobias breaks into NSW cup level next year to bring extra depth to our props.
Ideally people need to stop, actually you can suggest whatever you want so take the word ideally with a grain of salt, suggesting forwards to recruit. We have a grand final worthy pack next year but need a half and need some tough calls made about the careers of some of our senior backs and what position they play. And let's call it what it is people like Berry and Pompey are not new any more and may not be senior but are certainly established NRL players who need some direction as how to focus their playing potential from a positional selection perspective.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more addo Carr talk- gun winger with speed who may want to get out of the Sydney spotlight…
Would be a massive upgrade on motoya.
Having him and dwz on the wings gives u some serious strike.
Fans on other forums are dissing him as a prospect. The most common complaint is quotes like this

"Hammer running him down should put a line through JACs chances of getting recruited by anyone. 5 years ago no one catches the Fox in the back field. He is in the final years of his career and teams would be better placed letting some one else take the risk on him even at a low salary".

( I typed that quote to make a composite of different posts)

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Fans on other forums are dissing him as a prospect. The most common complaint is quotes like this

"Hammer running him down should put a line through JACs chances of getting recruited by anyone. 5 years ago no one catches the Fox in the back field. He is in the final years of his career and teams would be better placed letting some one else take the risk on him even at a low salary".

( I typed that quote to make a composite of different posts)
Hammers probably the fastest player in the game so no shame there.
Fox has lost a yard but he’d still be the quickest player in our team by some margin.

Cmon bro- he almost went the length of the field- motoya or kosi would been run down by halfway.
You name a better available winger…
I thought we had RTS lined up to take Montoya's spot on the wing and would rather have a late career RTS over a late career Fox.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Healey is a good signing. Has creativity that we lack when Egan doesn’t play.

I know we re-signed him earlier but we should be exploring whether Lussick wants to return to Aus. We aren’t successful when he plays big minutes and he puts a lot of pressure on our halves to create attack.

Maybe a move for the end of next season with Tafua and/or Auloa to move into top 30 to replace him.

Yeah I like the Healey signing.
I like Lussick too but he’s a place holder- Healey has a much higher ceiling and we need a plan in place- as much as I love Egan, I do worry about all the head knocks-I’m nervous for him every tackle.
If he was to retire tomorrow I’d let out a sigh of relief tbh.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back