Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 27/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
I wonder if Webby has any thoughts of putting Roger back there now CNK is injured.

I feel Webby kinda backed himself into a corner with the whole Roger won't replace CNK deal, but now CNK is injured and it's essentially make or break time, he could be tempted to put Roger back to FB with Pompey, Ali and Rocco having the 2 centre spots over the next month.

Im happy either way, it looks like we'll either see Tuaupiki at the back or Ali in the centres. Or both potentially haha. I'm really curious to see the TMM, CHT and Tauapiki spine combo with a little bit of X factor off the bench in Halasima helping to give them a bit of extra room to move
I like Rog at fullback more than wing, when he payed left wing while Reece was here his defensive reads were a bit concerning, and he's older and slower now. Setu might offer more speed, although I'm not sure how fast he actually is now either, presumably a faster finisher than Rog or Monty. And our junior wings aren't ready, so I suppose the signing makes sense.

I wonder if Webby has any thoughts of putting Roger back there now CNK is injured.

I feel Webby kinda backed himself into a corner with the whole Roger won't replace CNK deal, but now CNK is injured and it's essentially make or break time, he could be tempted to put Roger back to FB with Pompey, Ali and Rocco having the 2 centre spots over the next month.

Im happy either way, it looks like we'll either see Tuaupiki at the back or Ali in the centres. Or both potentially haha. I'm really curious to see the TMM, CHT and Tauapiki spine combo with a little bit of X factor off the bench in Halasima helping to give them a bit of extra room to move
Hopefully Tauapiki to FB.
His ball playing skills and kicking ability are what we need and would add another attacking option outside of our halves.

Why is nobody talking about Ali Leiataua? He's had two really good NRL games and is back from injury.

Granted his Cup game last week was bad. I'd be picking him for the next match over MGT.

2 NRL games that resulted in 2 injuries, and only just back from injury. Plus there was talk of him injuring/straining something in the last NSW Cup game.

Needs to string a run of health together before worrying about anything else. Has been unlucky in that regard so far.

And perhaps they don't want to interfere with that transition. Or they transitioned him because they don't see him as a winger in first grade. Don't know, could be several reasons I guess.

I think Tu is more of a "got to fill that lost spot, break glass encase of emergency" kind of upgrade. IMO it doesn't have anything to do with MGT.

Length of Montoya injury and where he is in the order with Kosi will be more telling in regards to our squad going forward.
Talent is talent at the end of the day. You want the strongest possible team out on the field. MGT is a better winger than Setu imo.

Even Kali and Pasikala have arguably outplayed Setu in the majority of their games this season.

Just seems strange that from the outside looking in, when everyones healthy, Setu is behind all three guys in the NSW cup depth chart.

Talent is talent at the end of the day. You want the strongest possible team out on the field. MGT is a better winger than Setu imo.

Even Kali and Pasikala have arguably outplayed Setu in the majority of their games this season.

Just seems strange that from the outside looking in, when everyones healthy, Setu is behind all three guys in the NSW cup depth chart.

Webby will pick effort and the small things over talent 9 times out of 10.

Setu should be behind those boys in lower grades, NSW Cup is for development. I imagine Webby wants someone with a little more polish/consistency to his game even if it isn't by much.

Dunno really, we're all trying to be mindreaders.

I’m guessing the club don’t want to over expose the young talent too early and risk damaging their confidence if it went pear shaped. They are leaning the craft in the lower grades and will rise to the top better players in time.
Many forget these guys are still effectively kids.

Taukeiaho failed medicals to join the NRL. Could be his career done?

I always find that these immediate sackings are curious. Often they tend to be players who are dead weight on decent contracts, and I believe that is what they were at Catalans
And nek minute Catalans sign Keary and Whitehead.

Nothing to see here.

It will be interesting to see what comes out in the bath water.

Back