• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Have the best crop of young centres we've had in a while, and 5'7 is far too short for a modern winger. Perhaps a Talakai-esque role off the bench

Love Ngani, Always remember my Under 13s team went to Eden Park when we smashed the Raiders- He and SJ tore them a new one lol

I mean, to all those saying they're not keen because of his age, who would you rather fill in when we have multiple injuries to our backline in the next 2 years - Kosi or Laumape?

Wing and centre have many examples of older players going well, if he's good enough and it's cheap enough I think it would be at worst, a failure that costs us very little. At best we have a Michael Jennings type who can come in to the team and do a solid job when we're down on troops

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I mean, to all those saying they're not keen because of his age, who would you rather fill in when we have multiple injuries to our backline in the next 2 years - Kosi or Laumape?

Wing and centre have many examples of older players going well, if he's good enough and it's cheap enough I think it would be at worst, a failure that costs us very little. At best we have a Michael Jennings type who can come in to the team and do a solid job when we're down on troops
If that's the case, ok that's fine. However, he hasn't played rugby league in 10 years. You give the example of Michael Jennings, he hadn't played in 3 years but he was still playing well before his suspension.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Should say, his comments also seem to be from a guy who wants a job back in NZ, and we are the only one that doesn't involve the NZR. I am pretty sure things ended on bad terms between them.

I don't think it happens, but Cappy was here his entire time with us and that quote makes him sound really keen, so not impossible ig.

There are probably worse players we could have fill the last 3 spots we have open for next year, and I'd much rather have him as the 4th man on the bench than Pompey or Taine if Webby keeps churning out, for lack of a better word, retarded benches/rotations when there are a few injuries

Should say, his comments also seem to be from a guy who wants a job back in NZ, and we are the only one that doesn't involve the NZR, and I am pretty sure things ended on bad terms between them

I don't think it happens, but Cappy was here his entire time with us and that quote makes him sound really keen, so not impossible ig.

There are probably worse players we could have fill the last 3 spots we have open for next year, and I'd much rather have him as the 4th man on the bench than Pompey or Taine if Webby keeps churning out, for lack of a better word, retarded benches/rotations when there are a few injuries
And money would likely not be a massive motivation - he would of done really well in France and Japan.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I’m all for redemption arcs but as we’ve seen with RTS this season, I personally don’t think we should invest big dollars into older players that “on paper” would make a immediate difference, as it can go sideways and at the expense of a spot for a younger player. Let alone another player that hasn’t played League in years and coming back from Rugby.

I do believe that club have a long term strategy in place for identifying and growing younger talent through our system. However, as we saw with the RTS/Capewell signings for this season, and after the success of last season, recruiting older proven talent to maintain our momentum in the interim (as well as the off field qualities they provide) doesn’t always work out. While injuries have played a major role, RTS as centre wasn’t it and Capewell had been rather unwhelming (abeit solid I guess) before his Origin stint.

All that to say I’d accept Ngani on a cheaper contract as depth for injuries, but not as a marquee signing we’d slot straight in at the expense of the Ali/MGT/Berry, who are younger and if they develop will give us many years ahead.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back