Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 27/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
If you watched his 1st half today you’d retract that statement. MGT, Pasikala ahead of both Kosi & Tu all day everyday IMO

I wasn't saying Kosi and Tu are the best wingers at the club - They are the most experienced and out and out wingers we have outside of first grade. I can't see Kosi or Tu in first grade this year, let alone the young guns.

Next season, different story.

Unfortunately you have to be on the State of Origin thread to understand how the poor talentless Cockroaches react to the magnificent Ma roons when they keep getting beaten. The blue heart is their only way to undermine those north of the border.
I'm sensing your post contains some inaccuracies....

Screenshot_2024-07-13-22-19-22-83_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Webby will pick effort and the small things over talent 9 times out of 10.

Setu should be behind those boys in lower grades, NSW Cup is for development. I imagine Webby wants someone with a little more polish/consistency to his game even if it isn't by much.

Dunno really, we're all trying to be mindreaders.
That isn’t really describing Setu.

What could have been

He won the Super title 2-3 times already but was not given the No.10 jersey to learn until mid/late 2018 and was told to play "double pivot" with Beauden Barret who was an inferior No.10 since 2017 and couldn't guide the team in major series/tournament (Lions, double pivot world cup), Jordie then was selected ahead of Ben Smith on the bench in the 2019 semi and he came on in the last quarter and freaked out while we were losing. Some serious favoring of selections by the old boys club back then and no surprise Richie wanted to try something else at the time

Btw it was funny watching Beauden saving Razor's ass in the weekend turning the game single handedly lol, he's grown into the mature senior influencer playing off the bench

Two former Warriors in the highlights here. Ratuva scored the try and Ravutaumada (sorry for the spelling) created it. Ravutaumada has had a couple of good games. I still look at the Fijian sevens feeders and see unbelievable talent. Perhaps a more stocky powerfully built Fijian is required for league as the hit up requirements are demanding for the out and out speedsters.
Selestino Ravutaumada is in the Fijian Sevens squad in Paris.
He's grown into a beast by the looks.

That's great, where would he play? Do we really want another older player in the back line, he's 31 now turning 32 next year?
That's great, where would he play? Do we really want another older player in the back line, he's 31 now turning 32 next year?
Definitely depth signing, no guarantees of 1st grade. Bit of a nostalgia thing for me as he was a favorite of mine since U20's, probably not what we need though as you say.

Back