• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Wow 26? I was expecting some winger around 20/21....
There’s more teams now
I expect the average age of signings is creeping up
Newcastle brought a guy called I think David Anderson to replace injured Ponga first first grade game at 26stc.
Cronulla brought up a similar age guy when Trindall fell out of first grade due to brush with the law - his first grade game at 26/27
There will heaps of others - just remember the Newcastle and Sharks guys cause they came in and were actually remarkably good players
So there is gems to be found in that age bracket

There’s more teams now
I expect the average age of signings is creeping up
Newcastle brought a guy called I think David Anderson to replace injured Ponga first first grade game at 26stc.
Cronulla brought up a similar age guy when Trindall fell out of first grade due to brush with the law - his first grade game at 26/27
There will heaps of others - just remember the Newcastle and Sharks guys cause they came in and were actually remarkably good players
So there is gems to be found in that age bracket
If you're thinking of Dave Armstrong who replaced Ponga at fullback then he's 23. Signed an extension with the Knights after scoring a hatrick against the Titans but backflipped to go to Leigh Leopards on big money next year. Got torched by the Dogs in his last game before injury too.

The oldest debutant in the backs this year would be Trey Fuller at 27 I think.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Zero Tackle isn't a reliable source.

If Setu was regarded that highly we would've seen him creeping onto team lists.

He's not an NRL player imo. Strong on his feet but makes terrible reads and really low IQ plays.

MGT would be next cab off the rank.
I share your skepticism of ZeroTackle but Blake Ayshford confirmed it on the radio. I know he's not in the inner sanctum but last year he also confirmed Pompey's re-signing before any official word from the club

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If MGT is seen purely as a centre then fair enough, makes sense.

Curious if it means Montoya's injury is a little more serious than first thought. I assume Kosi will be first cab off the rank (ugh) if Montoya isn't fit. If not then it's probably the end of the line for Kosi.
His background is on the wing, he's transitioned to centre in the last year or two.

So can play both

I thought the top 30 was based on the 30 highest paid players in the club rather than the 30 best players. It just happens that in most cases your 30 best are you highest paid.

If it’s just filling a gap at the end of a season and the guys been here a long time he might just be on slightly more than the younger guys where there’s a whole group all paid very similar.

It might be better to not increase anyone’s pay and let a senior NSW player fill a spot rather than create distortions and pick winners from a group of minimum wage players.

In summary, filling the last roster spot may be a pay administrative thing rather than any indication of talent.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back