• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General Shaun Johnson Appreciation thread

I repeat that he is the most naturally gifted player I have ever seen. As to disparaging comments regarding his current form I refer to the greatest English wordsmith Bill Shakespeare. 'Friends Romans and countrymen, lend me your ears, I have come to bury Caesar not to praise him. The evil that men do lives after them, the good is often interred in the grave. so let it be with Caesar'. thanks for the pleasure you have given and being a good bastard throughout.

NZWarriors.com
and he busted his leg against Manly.

The set before the try against Melbourne was another moment he really announced himself - he put in a beautifully weighted kick in that held up in goal... exactly when the team needed it...

and after the try I remember thinking there is going to be years and years of semi final performances like this. Bittersweet
Yeah I had similar sentiments regarding our rosy future led by SJ. Even the under 20’s prelim final that night in Melbourne - a young centre by the name of K Hurrell absolutely destroyed the Bulldogs, he was unstoppable, the next Meninga… or so it seemed.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I can't wait for the Johnson chapters to be over. Yes he's produced some wonderful moments, but I can't help but feel the club will be better to move on.

Who were our halves when Stacy hung uo the boots?

Grant Revelli, Micheal Witt? We did okay after our greatest period and I think we will be okay once SJ gets his golden shower from George Cameron and co.

I for one hate the fact that he was given a role at the club so quickly. I don't even think Stacy got that sort of treatment, I ain't drinking the SJ cool aid.

The prince stayed a prince, and never became king.

I can't wait for the Johnson chapters to be over. Yes he's produced some wonderful moments, but I can't help but feel the club will be better to move on.

Grant Revelli, Micheal Witt? We did okay after our greatest period and I think we will be okay once SJ gets his golden shower from George Cameron and co.

I for one hate the fact that he was given a role at the club so quickly. I don't even think Stacy got that sort of treatment, I ain't drinking the SJ cool aid.

Someone move this from the Shaun Johnson Appreciation Thread, to the regular Shaun Johnson thread 😂

Theres always one in the group to spoil it …… 🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤷🏻‍♂️

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
SJ Final Game jersey with one of his daughters drawings on the back instead of a silhouette of NZ
IMG_4643.jpeg

There is something weird about getting emotional because a guy, who doesn’t know you, is deciding to leave his job isn’t it?? But goddamn it I can’t fucking help it when I see shit like this haha

SJ Final Game jersey with one of his daughters drawings on the back instead of a silhouette of NZ
View attachment 8760

There is something weird about getting emotional because a guy, who doesn’t know you, is deciding to leave his job isn’t it?? But goddamn it I can’t fucking help it when I see shit like this haha
That's awesome.
Looks like he just sprayed the conversion left though, are we sure she wasn't drawing Chanel?

View attachment 8760

That video made my son get all teary... (not me honest)

The club is elite at the content they push out at this point.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Hoping for SJ and the fans in attendance that it's a good game and send off for one of the club's greats.

I was thinking of getting tickets for this one and travelling, well before we knew it would be his last. I'm annoyed that I didn't do it now.

Cheers SJ!

Hoping for SJ and the fans in attendance that it's a good game and send off for one of the club's greats.

I was thinking of getting tickets for this one and travelling, well before we knew it would be his last. I'm annoyed that I didn't do it now.

Cheers SJ!

I didn’t get a ticket but my 9tr old son was invited by a school friend to go with his family (season holders). He’s super excited. ❤️

Magic last game, we's got what we wanted, a 2nd half masterclass to crush the sharkies, made me proud of the club again after a pretty depressing season.

Thanks for everything Shauny, hope you stay around the club forever like Stacey and become the mentor for the young halves that you never had (except for Stacey).

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement