• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General Shaun Johnson Appreciation thread

NZWarriors.com
So many highlights, and will go down as one of the greatest (not fair on the handful who deserve it to label any single one as the greatest IMO) Warriors and Kiwis of all time!

One of the telling things for me was him stating his passion for bringing through the next wave of halves - which is awesome in and of itself, but because he never had that. Given one of the other greatest Warriors and Kiwis, it is an interesting indictment on the other Stacey... but also shows how great a player SJ is that he has created his legacy without that kind of guidance. He was phenom in his youth, but it took him leaving the club and going to the Sharks to turn him into a Hall of Fame half who got to finish his carer in the way he did.

In the lead up to that last set, Mick Ennis said in commentary on Fox that the RL Gods are giving him a final chance, and SJ took that with both hands! The RL Gods haven't always looked up SJ favourably (what could have been if Hank Scorpio hadn't broken his leg/ankle...), but I'm glad they let him close out his career just like that - with how it all started, a bloody f%$king fantastic "touch highlight"!

Well done SJ7 - and all the best for the next stage of your career and life, we'll all keep following one of the best to do it!

Fuck how good would that be for Auckland rugby league. Players be flocking for a chance to run around with SJ.

Blake Ayshford was never my favorite player but I've come around to loving him through how much he's giving back to the local game. He's even playing for Bay Of Plenty in the national comp this year.
Which team is he playing for please 🤔

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Another legend that never won a prem or the Dally M.
But shit, the on field magic he created was far ahead of its time. Theres things only he could pull off and many a game has been won by his magic..
Glad there's YouTube to enjoy his highlight packages for years to come..

Enjoy your retirement son.. I'm sure there's plenty to come post footy..

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Awesome to see them win the comp.

Rugby league was on its ass in Tauranga and the nearby towns a few years ago, Blake's been huge for the rebuilding of the game over there.

Imagine what SJ could do for the game North of the Harbour Bridge.
Are the Ararataki Bears based in the Mount.
Next season I would like to see a few games

Fuck how good would that be for Auckland rugby league. Players be flocking for a chance to run around with SJ.

Blake Ayshford was never my favorite player but I've come around to loving him through how much he's giving back to the local game. He's even playing for Bay Of Plenty in the national comp this year.
He is also a BOP rugby league development officer and paid by NZRL.
Has been to lots of schools and helped organise junior tournaments and school games.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement