• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General Shaun Johnson Appreciation thread

NZWarriors.com
I hope so, but I do worry that too many will judge him on the lack of premierships or throw the ‘too inconsistent’ tag on him.
Not many inconsistent players last 14 years in the nrl….
Just having a look at the hall of fame- there’s 121 players and quite a few who never won a premiership- in recent (relatively) times there’s been blocker, Elias, Pearce, ET and fellow kiwis mark graham and Stacey jones…

Not many inconsistent players last 14 years in the nrl….
Just having a look at the hall of fame- there’s 121 players and quite a few who never won a premiership- in recent (relatively) times there’s been blocker, Elias, Pearce, ET and fellow kiwis mark graham and Stacey jones…
Yeah agree, however I feel SJ has always received so much unfair criticism across his career. Very heartwarming seeing the love for him over recent weeks however, and from such a wide spectrum of the rugby league community. I reckon he’d easily be the most popular player in the NRL.

Yeah agree, however I feel SJ has always received so much unfair criticism across his career. Very heartwarming seeing the love for him over recent weeks however, and from such a wide spectrum of the rugby league community. I reckon he’d easily be the most popular player in the NRL.
Tbh honest I don’t recall many retiring players getting this sort of fanfare- it’s been huge.
I don’t actually remember Stacey’s last game :unsure:
Edit- I just checked- we lost 30-0 to Melbourne- might’ve shut that one out…

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I mean who drops out? We just beat Aussie 30-0

And as much as SJ has been a great talent, I don't think one game at the end of the season with nothing to lose or gain, and having the benefit of a sin bin to help with the come back is a great guide. Or fair on players who gave been performing consistently

Yes we did beat aussue 30-0

But given the season he had last year, you cant tell me he wouldnt have been playing 7 for the kiwis if he had not have ruled himself out to look after the body.

Experience wins big games, cant ever seeing us beat the aussies by nil again in the near future.

You dont want to see SJ a) play couple more times ? b) potentially go out a huge high note for is career given we didnt get the finals action w e were all expecting this year ?

I dont remember reading anywhere he hass specifically retired from international league, another swan song for one of NZ bests players would see a fitting end to a career we have all watched from the day he first walked on the park..

I thought i also remember him saying in one of his interviews, that he is now on holiday for the next 5 weeks Or something to that affect which may lead to the fact he is contention to run out at least 1 last time in the kiwi jersey

Yes we did beat aussue 30-0

But given the season he had last year, you cant tell me he wouldnt have been playing 7 for the kiwis if he had not have ruled himself out to look after the body.

Experience wins big games, cant ever seeing us beat the aussies by nil again in the near future.

You dont want to see SJ a) play couple more times ? b) potentially go out a huge high note for is career given we didnt get the finals action w e were all expecting this year ?

I dont remember reading anywhere he hass specifically retired from international league, another swan song for one of NZ bests players would see a fitting end to a career we have all watched from the day he first walked on the park..
A) no and B) no.

Good player but his time is well and truly gone. Don't let 30 minutes at the end of this season fool you in to thinking he is at the top of his game. We have superior, experienced options currently and they deserve to be picked over some hypothetical, misguided swansong game.

If Stacey Jones is even considering picking him then the kiwis are in even worse hands than I thought

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
A) no and B) no.

Good player but his time is well and truly gone. Don't let 30 minutes at the end of this season fool you in to thinking he is at the top of his game. We have superior, experienced options currently and they deserve to be picked over some hypothetical, misguided swansong game.

If Stacey Jones is even considering picking him then the kiwis are in even worse hands than I thought

If you say so

J Hughes obviously locks up a position in the halves

Dylan browns stats vs johnsons given the amount of game time johnson has missed there year, dylan has hardly lit the world on fire, wont be playing finals footy like the warriors

Eels gonna finish second to last on the ladder, with Dylan browing playing nearly a whole season in the halves, obviously been up to fuck all for his club this year.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you say so

J Hughes obviously locks up a position in the halves

Dylan browns stats vs johnsons given the amount of game time johnson has missed there year, dylan has hardly lit the world on fire, wont be playing finals footy like the warriors

Eels gonna finish second to last on the ladder, with Dylan browing playing nearly a whole season in the halves, obviously been up to fuck all for his club this year.
Dylan Brown playing in a shit team with an interim caretaker coach. SJ couldn't even beat him playing at home with our season on the line.

So yeah, I do say so.

Had our Moko here yesterday, he's 12. Sat down 9pm preparing to watch the game but somehow the fu(king TV wasn't hooking up with the sky box!? Checked HDMI1 then 2, 3... WTF?! Rang sky prompt and got the "We're having technical problems etc" auto-bot BS... Hough!!!

Quick as hooked up the lappy-TV and jumped on the site that I have Always followed till the Very fuc(ing End.

Sup NZWARRIORS.COM. You guys/gals kept us all in the mix and up to date (I've never had to do/read the "Game Day/Thread" thing before. Ever!) It was really refreshing but, I got to say, I'd asked my Moko to read it out (not only does he love the NZWarriors, but it was to keep him aware and more so involved.) Lol, that first to the eightenth page had us Up then All worried, as he had free reign to read it "Real" (he did ask if he could swear, bless him, we all agreed that because it was Shaun Johnsons Very Last game as a NZWarrior... Go On Son!!!)

Sing when you Win!

After DWZ scored his last for the hat trick... I reckon Stacey Jones would've been grinning from ear to ear and shaking his head in Proud disbelief, "WTF Again," watching the Prince of Penrose lead The Warriors one final time to another epic win. Only The General Knows how Good it Is.

Day's almost done, I hope you All had a Happy Fathers Day. Btw sky box's still on the blink, pfft.

Up The Wahs and Go The Mighty NZWarriors!

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement