• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

TeamList Dolphins vs Warriors - [Round 23, 2024]

Dolphins vs Warriors

Dolphins

Kickoff In:

Suncorp Stadium

Sunday
Afternoon
16:00

Warriors

Team Lists

NZWarriors.com
What I'm most confused about is, is that I heard that Webby said a couple weeks ago that Roger was probably a year away from his best. If that was the case, he should've been learning centre in NSW cup ffs.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I have said it before, if we are serious about winning the premiership we need 2 NSW cup teams so we have more choices and more depth of who to promote to the back line at this stage of the season.

A flegg team is not the same as a second cup team.

Alittle greedy?
Do other teams have two NSW cup teams? . 🤔

Two shit NSW teams or one good one 🤔
If at the cost of one the grassroots team - no thank you sir

Jackson Ford in 2024 - Left-edge, Right-edge, starting-prop, bench-middle

RTS in 2024 - Left-centre, Right-wing, Fullback, Right-centre, Left wing

Capewell - both edges

Marata - trained all pre-season as a middle, starts season in middle, now on the edge

Many more suspect selections and rotations etc...

It is very hard to defend Webby at the moment. He does not look like he knows what his best team is....

God I hope he can properly review this year and come back in 2025 with a bit more conviction
It's not really that hard to defend. Basically, we went into this season with the same game plan as the stellar 2023 season, why wouldn't you?
But injuries early into the season and lots of them jaded the players particularly the forward pack and hampered the fluidity of the backline, this was an ongoing issue throughout the season that couldn't be predicted nor adjusted for on the hop with the same performance benchmarks as 2023 held.
It's a huge learning curve for the club. But the positive is, much like the Panthers, the club at all levels of footy are streamlined towards the topside and in short time young talented players will step into the topside with smoother results.
It will take time however for the classiest of talents to stamp their mark on the NRL and we will absolutely need that class steering the team around the park, either from dummyhalf or the halves, but as we have found out from this season, the backup halves will suffice.

Onwards and upwards, UP THE WAHS!!

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Not as bad, but a bit similar to the titans game, if half the team played poorly, what’re you going to do - drop all of them? There's no one emerging from the casualty ward this week.

MGT fumbled his chance, others have more runs on the board.

Can anyone be bothered going back to see if Roger has played 80 minutes in the same position, on the same side in back to back weeks. I would be surprised if he has

I had a quick look on Youtube to see what side he was playing on in each game:

DateRoundVsPositionSideInjuriesTriesResult
Mar 8Round 1CronullaCentreLeftL
16Round 2MelbourneCentreLeftL
22Round 3CanberraCentreLeftTuaupiki (46mins)1W
31Round 4NewcastleFullbackTuaupiki (concussion) outW
Apr 6Round 5SouthsWingRightDWZ (hamstring) out, CNK in.1W
13Round 6ManlyCentreLeftDWZ in.D
19Round 7St Geo IllaCentreLeftL
25Round 8Gold CoastCentreLeftL
May 5Round 9NewcastleCentreLeftRTS (hamstring) out Round 10-14 (Round 15 Replacement).
Pompey in Round 10.
L
Jun 22Round 16Gold CoastCentreRightBerry (shoulder) out.L
29Round 17BrisbaneCentreRight1W
Jul 6Round 18CanterburyCentreRightL
19Round 20CanberraWingLeftCNK (calf) / Montoya (groin) out. Tuaupiki in (8mins)1L
26Round 21Wests TigersFullbackTuaupiki (concussion) / Pompey (knee) out.W
Aug 2Round 22ParramattaWingLeftCNK in.1L

• Looks like RTS has been moved around due to injuries.
  • He has played a few times on the same side when possible.
  • When you look at this it does seem as though they have been trying to play him at centre when they can.
  • When Berry went out RTS switched sides with Pompey already on the left in his absence.

Of course he doesn’t. Injuries have fucked him all season. If anything, the lesson taught is he needs to think about his depth more when planning for the season. Prepare for the worst.

He’s got the makings of a great coach. Will be peaks and valleys along the journey.

At least he’s some one worth investing in; he’s a players coach that can build a deep connection with his players while also having authority and respect. What he got out of that playing group last year was phenomenal, this season is the other side of the coin.

He’ll build this team from the ground up, I’m guessing that’s the plan. How fast we see succsss with depend on how well we recruit and develop young talent.

And how quickly Webby learns from his mistakes.
Amen

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Me personally? The two lynch pins being SJ and Tohu approaching the back end of their career for starters.
Yes in hindsight of course but, any coach, let alone or first year head coach isn't going into the next season thinking about dropping his "lunch pin" halfback who came within a whisker of Dally M.
Tohu was being waxed lyrical by all and sundry, he led the charge, playmaking at the line through the middles playing damn near the full 80 week in, week out and inspiring the rest of the forward pack to follow him into battle.
FUCK 2023 WAS GREAT! Unfortunately, the cards we've been dealt this year haven't worked out. Lessons learnt..

TMM will be 18th man because SJ won't be 100%.
How does his being 18th man relate to that at all? If he doesn’t get through the captains run then he won’t be selected.

Are you saying 2 of our blokes are going to intentionally knock themselves out during the game so that TMM can be activated?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back