• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Pick Your Team Cowboys v Warriors - Round 14, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
The interesting thing for me moving forward is looking at long term strategic selections rather than the weekly team sheet. For me CNK is our FB with his work rate and distribution with solid D. Centre is a questoon. Rocco with his solidity or MTG and Ali. Pompey V RTS, Does Pompeys goal kicking give him an edge. Personally I think RTS may offer more than Montoya. SJ will be there, his boot alone is vital. Who pairs with him. I go for TMM. CHT 14, bloody unlucky for Lussick. Capewell or Niukore starting. I go for Capewell with the strike of Walker Niukore and Jazz and Ale off the Bench. Very unlucky for Laban

NZWarriors.com

Interesting stats
Those stats where we are leading or amongst the best show we haven’t converted the possession into points.

- SJ sharing the attacking with his 6 for more unpredictability
- Niukore providing more size and threat in the second row
- Berry out for a more dynamic centre

The season could click with a few subtle changes.

Those stats where we are leading or amongst the best show we haven’t converted the possession into points.

- SJ sharing the attacking with his 6 for more unpredictability
- Niukore providing more size and threat in the second row
- Berry out for a more dynamic centre

The season could click with a few subtle changes.
It’s about not peaking too early either, the sharks are often guilty there. Hope we can make our run from here, perfect timing with inured players returning

Pompey needs to be in the round 14 team & stay there, he’s no world beater but he is our best centre. Until RTS is fit then Berry probably comes back in however he needs to improve a lot vs his recent form.

The big change for me vs pre-magic round would be Walker in the 13 & Tohu playing 30-50 minutes off the bench, subbing as part of the overall middle rotation.

CHT surely gets the 14 & Lussick is only seen in first grade when Egan is injured. Capewell comes back in however needs to lift big time!

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Excited like the rest of us, boys getting healthy and competing for spots is what we want

But for me (unpopular opinion here) I am waiting for the next webby chessboard move

Will he change our attack to L and R

Does the 5th tackle kick option change

Has he more confidence in the young blood

Can he adapt his bench tactics

Can he use Tohu responsibility

Can he change his early season team position spot statements

Can he adapt

Cowboys is a great game to see where he is at and what webs he is spinning

Was he stubborn

Or was he protecting the squad through injury

All to be revealed……. Next week

Sort of felt our season was over pre the Panthers game. Two wins against the odds have changed that.

Makes the Cows game the most important of the season. Win with our old head back and we’re back on track. Lose and Websters faith and belief in experience will be in tatters.

Fascinating moment within the big picture of Webbys coaching career.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Someone made one hell of a foreboding post after the manly game.
"Teams that back up in 5 days never win after going 90 minutes".
I noted it. Felt it was true and then just hoped we would be the exception.
Alas we were not.
We ended up playing something like 4 games in 22 days and lost them all.
I think maybe next time we borrow from the All Blacks and use player rotation. Maybe for the St George game on retrospect we should have rested 3-4 guys and brought up 3-4 fit and rearing to go reserves.

A mate went to a sponsors lunch yesterday & RTS was running freely. Might not be in the mix this week by looks like he'll be back before the listed Rd 17.
I've got a vid of him doing a one on one with a coach chasing balls but no idea how to upload it. Will post if someone can upskill me tajhay tajhay

Sort of felt our season was over pre the Panthers game. Two wins against the odds have changed that.

Makes the Cows game the most important of the season. Win with our old head back and we’re back on track. Lose and Websters faith and belief in experience will be in tatters.

Fascinating moment within the big picture of Webbys coaching career.
Disagree, Cows will be flatter than normal with Holmes, Cotter and Deardon either out or backing up from origin and possibly not 100%, I think that Penrith win was the most important, next biggest game is Storm round 15.

Disagree, Cows will be flatter than normal with Holmes, Cotter and Deardon either out or backing up from origin and possibly not 100%, I think that Penrith win was the most important, next biggest game is Storm round 15.
They are all must win from here on in and it will be a case of taking one game at a time, one week at a time. I am sure you acknowledge that point in your post you made, just responding though.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

Agreed. The Cows while a threat are a game that should hold no fear for us.

We need to go in confident, maintain that speed in our middle game with Walker and Tevanga, and maybe give the big name players an opportunity to sought their shit out at last.

I would however go for MGT over Berry at Center. And I would be telling SJ and Egan that if they cannot provide good ball early to the left, that they won't be playing the following week.

That might sound crazy, but sometimes you have lay it down and say enough is enough, go left or you force the coaches hand and will not be selected.

Billy Bean sacked all the star players that could play first base ahead of his money ball selection of Scott Hatteberg....he did whatever was necessary to force the team manager to play moneyball.

We are halfway through the season and cannot go left for shit.

Time for ultimatums. We need a left edge attack that allows Te Maire Martin to bring the wonder half play he has produced this last fortnight without the hooker and halfback ball hogs stinking up the Warriors attack this season.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
This is going to be a pessimistic post glass is half empty etc. Please skip this post if you are triggered by negativity or find that negativity upsets you or grinds your gears.

I think this Cows match could go either way despite them backing up from origin. As you know I am new to league but can remember when I first joined this web site around 2018 more experienced posters than me discussing old warriors matches. They distinctly said a number of times in our 25 year history due to injuries we have rolled out a baby Warriors team who have done the unthinkable and beaten the Rooster or Melbourne Storm against all odds. And then in the next match we re-inserted 5-6 star players and were comfortably beaten and then went on a losing streak.

Any outcome is feasible in this match. The good news is the warriors had a different spine in each of the last two matches and they said it was specific changes to the game plan which created the win rather than personnel. So I hope indeed the new winning tactics are carried over by the 6 to 7 new players who are returning next week.

Last edited:
This is going to be a pessimistic post glass is half empty etc. Please skip this post if you are triggered by negativity or find that negativity upsets you or grinds your gears.

I think this Cows match could go either way despite them backing up from origin. As you know I am new to league but can remember when I first joined this web site around 2018 more experienced posters than me discussing old warriors matches. They distinctly said a number of times in our 25 year history due to injuries we have rolled out a baby Warriors team who have done the unthinkable and beaten the Rooster or Melbourne Storm against all odds. And then in the next match we re-inserted 5-6 star players and were comfortably beaten and then went on a losing streak.

Any outcome is feasible in this match. The good news is though the warriors had a different spine in each of the last two matches and they said it was specific changed to the game plan which created the win rather than personnel. So I hope indeed the new winning tactics are carried over by the 6 to 7 new players who are returning next week.

There is nothing wrong with a critique of the phenomena you describe where the Warriors win with no names then go onto suck with the struggling regulars.

After all, these upset wins are rare, so if this is not the time to talk about the top side under performing then there is never a good time to discuss it.

Also, two wins in a row against Top four sides with B and C teams is unprecedented.

This has never happened before, at best our C team or B team beats some middling to lower eight side in a one off.

And that just reinforces even more why fans should demand more from Shaun
Johnson, Tohu Harris, Roger Tuivasa Sheck, Addin Fonua Blake, Capewell, Egan, etc, these are our highest paid players, who to a man have been under performing and as much as I love those guys, I cannot stand a lack of accountability in any work place.

And that is what this controlled experiment is, a measurable test of our stars. We just ran the experiment all season with them, then had two games without them.

The result of that is multiple losses with them, zero losses with them all out of the side.

Now we see phase three, either a confirmation they the problem or a chance for them to prove they can keep up with the C teams efforts.

I think the returning regulars should be gradually introduced. One or two and the rest play reserve grade and slowly bring them back in.
I think Webby now knows what the depth can deliver to hand over abit more responsibility. So hopefully a slight change in the game plan.
SJ doesn't need to hog the ball all the time, TMM or CHT are both capable of playmaker and last tackle options.
Need to quit being predictable..
The cowboys are in no man's land right now. They're a bit like us who need to start some sort of charge up the ladder. Only difference is our injury toll...

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back